Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Worst week ever...  (Read 8724 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worst week ever...
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:36:21 pm »

I will tell you the story from the beginning, It all started on Thursday the 23th of October...

So I come home from school on Thursday with high hopes for the great weekend ahead. It was a long weekend as HB Show holiday on Friday and the Labor day holiday on Monday made it four days long. Everything goes well to start with until after dinner, when my mother receives a phone call. I have no-idea what the conversation is about but my mother is crying and looks a mess. After the hour long phone call is over she informs the family that my grandfather (who is quite close to me) has become bedridden and has been so for days. Apparently he had nothing to eat for three days and was found in his bed in quite a bad state by my Auntie how lives nearby (not to me, to my grandfather). So my mother packs her bags and is determined to be by her father's side over the long weekend. She was going to help him around the house and take him to the doctor. So she drives all the way up to Auckland (where my grandfather lives), but first decides to stop at her brothers place.

On Friday the 24th I wake up and move myself onto the PC to play some Halflife 2. I then check these forums to see how everything is. But to my disappointment the forums are down. So I go on to playing some other games.
Later on that morning my father receives a phone call from my uncle. After the phone call is over he tells me and my sister that my mum has fallen down the stairs at my uncles place and is in the emergency department in the hospital. They think she may have broken her back in the fall but nothing is sure yet. This then motivates my dad to also drive up to Auckland but not to keep my grandfather company but to be by my mothers side. About 7 hours later I receive the call that my dad made it to the hospital and that my mum hasn't broken her back, she had just severely bruised it. She won't be paralyzed but she is in so much pain that she won't be able to come home for weeks.

Both my dad and my mum are up I Auckland and I am home alone with my sister and a dwindling food supply. Neither of us have any money to buy more food so we had to make due with what was in the cupboards. It was like this until Thursday the 30th when my dad comes home.

Then on Friday the 31th I get invited to a Halloween party at a mates house. I go in a simple Grim Reaper costume and get totally smashed. I don't usually get that drunk because my Mum is quite strict on when I come home. Without my mum to  tell me off I end up staying the night and doing something I regret doing. In my drunken stupor I come out of the closet and tell my friend that I think I am gay (I'm still not quite sure if I am or not, Is there any definite way of knowing?). I wake up the next morning having realized my mistake, I feel really stink. I know that my friend who I trusted while I was drunk will tell everyone at school on Monday. I will probably become a social outcast as most of my mates are probably homophobes.

Anyway I arrive home on Saturday morning to find out that the one friend who I could really trust, my dog Spot, has injured her spine while playing Frisbee with my sister while I was away. It was apparently a freak accident but I don't know, I feel as if there is something my sister is hiding from me. She is now at the vet and they just rang 30 minutes ago telling me that Spot will most likely be paralyzed in her lower abdomen and back legs for the rest of her life. She will have major digestive problems and will no longer be able to walk. Now I have to make the decision of whether to put her down or let her live. I really don't know what to do...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst week ever...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:40:53 pm »

Wow, thats hardcore.
Hopefully it'll get better though, neh?

Personally I would conduct healing spells on all involved, they are quite easy and effective.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 05:48:12 pm »

In my drunken stupor I come out of the closet and tell my friend that I think I am gay (I'm still not quite sure if I am or not, Is there any definite way of knowing?).

I've never understood this

How can you not know

Also it seems like if you're not sure, then you probably aren't
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:11:31 pm »

There's one way to know for certain, and if you can't do it, then you're not.
I think you are just paranoid and fear you might be.
I think nearly everyone probably goes through a sexual identity crisis, and especially at the age when you're still in school.

It may be a good idea to train yourself to be mute when you know you've been drinking. To prevent future embarrasments.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:14:00 pm by Idiom »

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 06:14:07 pm »

Regarding sexuality... you'll work it out.  Just take your time, go with what feels right, and things will become clear.  It sounds trite, but honestly, when the time and the person are right, you will just know.  In the mean time just be you, whoever that may be- your orientation does not define you.

I hope you're wrong about your mates- give them a chance, you may find they're more understanding than you expect.  If they let this come between you... I know this sounds harsh, but they probably weren't very good friends, and you're better off without them.  You'll be okay.

I'm truly, truly sorry about your dog, and I wish you strength in making your decision, and your family speedy recoveries.

Try to go easy on the drink, too.  But you probably don't need to be told that.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 06:21:28 pm »

Jesus, dude, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry about your dog, your mom, your grandfather, and your...uh...confusion.   I wish I had some more constructive advice, but anything I say about your sexuality will come out sounding like a joke (even though I don't mean it that way), and I can't tell much about a person's sexual identity just from reading their words on an Internet message board.

You have my sympathy, whatever that's worth.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 06:34:26 pm »

Thanks for the comments everyone, it is nice that to know that people care.

There's one way to know for certain, and if you can't do it, then you're not.
I think you are just paranoid and fear you might be.
I think nearly everyone probably goes through a sexual identity crisis, and especially at the age when you're still in school.

It may be a good idea to train yourself to be mute when you know you've been drinking. To prevent future embarrasments.

I think you might be right Idiom. I probably am just paranoid, I am just not completely sure as I have never really liked girls (or guys for that matter).

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 06:42:20 pm »

You have my sympathy, whatever that's worth.
And mine, as well.

My best advice to you, though I don't have much experience with these things, is that you talk to your friend first thing Monday morning, or before if you can manage it, and try to convince him not to tell anyone.  If he does, you were drunk; we all say a lot of things we don't mean when we're drunk.  Perhaps you can even make a joke out of it.  Hopefully your mates will understand.

A few positive points you should try to keep at the forefront of your mind:
1. Your grandfather isn't dead
2. Your mother isn't paralyzed for life
3. Your dad's alright
I don't mean to make light of your situation; this is the way I got through depression, by taking any small bit of good and trying to think about that.

I'm really sorry about your dog, though.  There's nothing good that can come of that.

Again, my sympathies.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 06:47:48 pm »

I'm really sorry about your dog, though.  There's nothing good that can come of that.

At least the dog won't run into the road.
I know how bad it is to lose a pet, and its never easy.

And remember, bad thoughts=bad things.
Just find things to do that make you happy, and see the good side.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 06:54:58 pm »

Is it wierd that I can't imagine any of that affecting me at all if it happened to me? Hell when my dad died I was slightly happier because it meant I got EMA and apply for the maximum amount of money when I go to uni next year. (EMA = Education Maintenence Allowance, money paid to people who stay in school/go to college when their household earnings are below a certain threshold)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 12:31:53 am »

Condolences Fey.

It's times like this that one must focus pn finding your own way through.

As far as your orientation goes, I never really liked girls (or guys) either, until last year. Then I met someone who I really like. I'd tell her but . . . Anyway, remember, most good friends (the only ones that matter) will put it off to drink, or not care. If you need to vent or talk, don't forget that we're the most respectful and overall nice fourm anywhere!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 02:34:00 am »

It could be worse:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 02:36:27 am »

I still am not getting the whole "don't know if I'm gay" thing
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 06:01:10 am »

Everyone is different, Jude.  Many, many people go through a period of uncertainty.  If you aren't able to relate to that, that's fine- but it will probably never be explained to your satisfaction.  You'll just have to accept that it happens, often.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 06:30:54 am »

Maybe try feng shui ;D
Heard a story once about a dude that got a terrible traffic accident and then he contacted a feng shui master and he told him that it was bacause of a frog shaped stone that delivered poisoned needles  ;D
heh, sounds like total stupidity, I have a terrible mess in my room and nothing happened

I'm sorry for these accidents Fey. Cheer up! I advise you listen to Hawkfrost  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4