Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Worst week ever...  (Read 8708 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst week ever...
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2008, 12:44:25 am »

Its not weird that emos and people obsessed with evil and darkness(goths) have crummy lives.
I don't have a crummy life, and neither do most of my friends!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2008, 01:07:35 am »

It is nice to see things are getting better for you, in fact unless your parents find out about what happened at the party, you should be fine.

As for your friend, the best you can hope for is that he doesn't remember anything. At worst, all you will have are a bunch of rumours. (Unless there is some sort of bully or something)

We recently had a family tragedy ourselves, but if you constantly worry about what may happen, the stress will kill you.

And also on that disscussion back there, whatever superstition is going around, believing in it works, or at least helps. This has been proven scientifically, and is the reason medical trials give placebos when conducting certain tests.(This is only if the medicine is meant to cure something completely new. In other cases, the old version of the drug is used.)

You should look up the placebo effect.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 05:13:13 am »

Its not weird that emos and people obsessed with evil and darkness(goths) have crummy lives.
I don't have a crummy life, and neither do most of my friends!

All my goth friends have rather good lives, and I wouldn't describe them as 'obsessed', either.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 10:25:45 am »

I'm glad things are looking up for you Fey. I've already lost my grandfather and two pets, so I know how you feel. All I can say is time heals all wounds, sometimes it's better to let go and move on. Prepare yourself for some sad times, but in a few months or so, you'll be fine.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 03:31:34 pm »

Im happy that things have improved somewhat for you Fey.
How bad exactly is your dog?
If she is in constant pain you might want to let her go.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 10:30:27 pm »

Time, a strange cure, isn't it? Yet, it does heal everything.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 12:51:39 am »

It's good to hear that your grandfather is getting better.

In a way, I know how you feel.
You're from NZ, right?  Did you hear about the Elim canyoning tragedy, back in April?
Time definitely does heal things, it feels like an age since I lost my friends in that, but it hasn't even been 7 months.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 03:05:52 am »

Yeah, I remember that tragedy clearly. It happened just days before my sister was about to go canyoning with her scouts group. She changed her mind about it pretty quickly after that.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 03:17:37 am »

Yeah, I remember that tragedy clearly. It happened just days before my sister was about to go canyoning with her scouts group. She changed her mind about it pretty quickly after that.

I was on that trip. I wasn't in the group that was caught in the flood, but our group was going to go out in the canyon next. Fortunately, our guide decided to take us caving instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]