Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: They Might be Giants mod  (Read 4287 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
They Might be Giants mod
« on: October 31, 2008, 07:05:57 pm »

I have decided to make a mod in honor of my favorite band, but I need suggestions on TMBG themed objects that could be added into the game.

I have four myself, but someone will have to help me with the second.  As people make suggestions, I will add them to the list (if RAWs are provided or I can make them myself) and give credit to the person who posted it.

By LegoLord:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By Aqizzar:

By DuncanFrost

If you see something on the list that does not have raws, feel free to post the raws for it if you know how to do it.  Eventually this will be wrapped up into a modular mod (in other words, you can take it out if you want to with out needing to edit every file).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:49:21 am by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: They Might be Giants mod
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:40:13 pm »

Obviously, you will need some new -mans.  Particle- Triangle- and Person- at least.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 07:44:06 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:43:34 pm »

What about Universe Man?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 07:44:38 pm »

But he's bigger than the entire universe.

Hmm... Size:n+1?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »

Let's just call it 1000 and give him a negative [DAMBLOCK] to balance things out.
Just so I remember

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 06:26:27 am »

I can honestly say that this is the most surreal, ridiculous and above all awesome mod I've ever seen, and I don't even like TMBG all that much.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 06:43:51 am »

The only TMBG song I know is Bastard Wants To Hit Me...

Maybe you could make a crazy bastard who wants to hit people?
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 08:48:05 am »

The only TMBG song I know is Bastard Wants To Hit Me...

Maybe you could make a crazy bastard who wants to hit people?
Sounds like a berserk dwarf.  Good idea!

Could another modder please step in and help out with this?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 08:54:08 am by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »

Universe man might not need the damblock change, will he?  After all, he wouldn't be attacking, because he's usually kind to smaller mans.  In fact, very kind, he will always give you the time of day.  He even has a clock with a minute hand, millenium hand, and an eon hand.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 04:15:36 pm »

The song Impressed (with the music video) reminds me of some dwarven nobles... Right up to their final fates...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 05:20:37 pm »

Universe man might not need the damblock change, will he?  After all, he wouldn't be attacking, because he's usually kind to smaller mans.  In fact, very kind, he will always give you the time of day.  He even has a clock with a minute hand, millenium hand, and an eon hand.
Universe Man is no longer a megabeast, but is now found in the same biomes as unicorns.  I will also change his size to the number of "t"ravel map tiles in a large world, which I believe is 255x255.

I also just had an idea to add in bourbon as a new drink, but I do not know what it is made from or how it is made.
Just so I remember

Royal Surveyor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »

Bourbon is whiskey made primarily from corn, but must come from Kentucky.  Otherwise, it's just corn whiskey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 06:09:09 pm »

Bourbon is whiskey made primarily from corn, but must come from Kentucky.  Otherwise, it's just corn whiskey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey
Well, we may be hard pressed to find Kentucky in DF, so let's just say our brewers are from Kentucky.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 06:29:52 pm »

Do you really want Universe Man to be able to breed?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 11:12:26 pm »

Do you really want Universe Man to be able to breed?
No, I don't think I do.  In fact, this has already been fixed.

Edit:  I had another idea.  Prosthetic foreheads.  Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:18:40 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember
Pages: [1] 2 3