Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: "How Dare You Give Us A 9/10!!!" LBP Overhyped  (Read 12733 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: "How Dare You Give Us A 9/10!!!" LBP Overhyped
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 08:24:48 am »

Obviously it's not an actual bird.  Perhaps a birdie in badminton, is there a badminton term called "plucking"?
Shoes...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 08:35:04 am »

Theoretically a small dose of radiation would do the trick. The bird wouldn't feel a thing, except for a bit of nausea,
I would call that harming the bird. Would it not develop cancer?

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 09:06:50 am »

Not necessarily. It all depends on the dose and a measure of chance is involved as well. Since most organic life can easily recover from the effects and regenerate the damage done by radiation, the bird would theoretically only feel some discomfort, but wouldn't be harmed per se. Of course anyone who's had radiation therapy can say that prolonged exposure to radiation is extremely unpleasant and upsetting, but we wouldn't have to go that far, would we now?

It's just kind of like asking "Hey, know if there's a country where you can pull out people's hair and fingernails with pliers and they won't mind?"

Or to put it another way, no bird that exists outside of Tom & Jerry cartoons.

I don't think that geographical position and citizenship determines how someone reacts to torture, but in some violent unstable places, if you happen to be a important figure in a gang or other similar group, some might put up with it in fear of repercussions. You'd be amazed what people put up with in the right conditions. Again, I don't condone any of this.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 09:15:45 am »

Of course anyone who's had radiation therapy can say that prolonged exposure to radiation is extremely unpleasant and upsetting...
...and gives you superpowers.

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 09:30:23 am »

Of course anyone who's had radiation therapy can say that prolonged exposure to radiation is extremely unpleasant and upsetting...
...and gives you superpowers.

If by superpowers you mean sores, burns, loss of hair, internal bleeding, vomiting, intense pain and the like, then yes, radiation does give you superpowers.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 09:35:42 am »

Thank you Buzz Killington.
Shoes...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 09:51:14 am »

This thread is ripe with evil, or some such similar and preferably dramatic thing. I think it should be dropped, in other words.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 10:17:52 am »

And I have to say that reviewers should use the out of 20 system, its alot more clean cut and looks nicer. Where as the out of 10 system, really it should be out of 100 if they're going to insist on using decimal places, just makes the number after the point look tagged along. Its all psychology see? You'll care more about the first number (9 or whatever it is) than the second (.0/.5 etc.).

P.s Half-life 1 is an amazing game, it started the whole FPS genre.
P.p.s Halo 1/2/3 are a good series, its not the campaign people care about its the Multiplayer. Thats where _all_ the action/enjoyment/silly 12 year old americans are at.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 10:37:14 am »

Oh my god!  Please tell me that was a joke!
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:29 am »

Nope, I genuinly think its one of the best FPS's out there.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 11:02:28 am »

I never played it so I can't say if it's overrated or not.

But the fanboys are complete, and total idiots.

Yatzhee explains fanboys best as those that are so defensive of their console because their mum was only willing to buy them one, while he was white enough to afford all three.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/37-Mailbag-Showdown

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 11:47:55 am »

Half Life 2 is definitely overrated. I've been trying to play it but it's incredibly boring. The environments are all pretty much the same, the enemies are repetitive and annoying, and anything new gets re-used and prolonged until it gets annoying.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 12:07:42 pm »

Half Life 2 is definitely overrated. I've been trying to play it but it's incredibly boring. The environments are all pretty much the same, the enemies are repetitive and annoying, and anything new gets re-used and prolonged until it gets annoying.

I have to say the game itself is boring, but where the real fun is is in the mods.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 12:12:19 pm »

While I agree the first half-life was great, I don't personally think it started the FPS genre (at most it started the next generation of FPS). Kinda sad that Half-life kinda lost its "Look at this HUGE bad of secrets I found" appeal.

Anyhow as for the Birds:
-Hmm so no birds huh? Is there any birds that molt enough to collect large quantities of feathers?

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 12:24:08 pm »

Lies! It runs on stolen Quake technology!
It has unimaginative, flat, and repetative combat, which makes up the entire game.
The plot is almost as annoying as LOST to me, as they barely reveal anything across all the full priced releases, and merely stays mysterious without any major shocks. It's barely even memorable. Investing my money in novels would have kept me better entertained.

All it did was set the generic shooter in stone, and nearly effectively kill off all other FPS's. Paved the way for Halo and other cinematic shooters to flood the market and kill off any future creativity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5