Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Most horrifying injury?  (Read 14302 times)

Spartan-67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most horrifying injury?
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2010, 02:59:33 am »

I got attacked by two squads of spear-goblins.

I readied my military and attacked. (2 legendary axe, and the rest were well trained, all had iron armor)

They were immediately unconscious and stayed like that for several years, all 9 of them had page long descriptions showing their wounds. The goblins had no wounds to speak of.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:01:24 am by Spartan-67 »
It is ineffecient, will accomplish next to nothing, and is complete overkill. It will also probably not work. In other words, dwarfy.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2010, 03:13:46 am »

I haven't played DF2010 alot since I don't have the patience to play with the bugs ...

... but there was a recruit who was pushed by a troglodytte off a ledge and landed on his hand, the troglodytte then climbed down and began punching and kicking .... his hand.

Aside from some neck injuries, a bleeding leg, dented arms and torso and unconsciousness he was fine. The really horrible part was his hand. Every single finger was broken, most of them with compound fractures and his hand was bleeding and infected.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

lamoxlamae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2010, 05:26:28 pm »

Three miners were sealed in a room by accident. There was a murky pool but no food. The pool dried up and one of the miners died, but the other two were going OK. This got me curious so I looked at the dwarfs.

Dwarf1: dead. "He is emaciated and most of his torso is missing"
Dwarf2: Alive, healthy but unhappy.
Dwarf3: Alive, healthy and "very pleased with his work lately."

I have Hannibal Lecter- Dwarven miner.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2010, 05:39:35 pm »

I was fooling around with the arena a few days ago, and I pitted a goblin and a dwarf against eachother in unarmed, inexperienced combat. It was taking ages for them to kill eachother, so I spawned a dragon.

It killed both of them in two attacks by biting their heads off with disturbing efficiency.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2010, 08:10:35 pm »

I will always remember the time my starting seven got attacked by a werewolf while they were trapped on the surface. I had a hunter, so I thought I had a chance, if I could but a few bolts into it. Hah. My hunter turned and ran from the thing. I've never seen a drafted dwarf run from a fight before or since.

In desperation, I draft the last functional dwarf, and draft him as cannon fodder. This raw recruit shows all the courage my hunter lacked, and charges the werewolf bare-handed. Amazingly, he didn't instantly die. In fact, he wasn't even hurt, and the werewolf had passed out from pain! After a few brief moments, the werewolf had two red shoulders, and two red hips. The lucky recruit continued to twist the werewolf like a pretzel, until eventually my cowardly hunter came back and put the poor beast out of its misery.

What? You thought this story was going to be about injured dwarves?

Now...
Can someone tell me WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd guess that the imp grabbed your woodcutter, and he earned an experience point in wrestling by shaking him off.

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2010, 09:59:24 pm »

Mine would have to be Sam in my other thread, red pat's all over and yet he healed and become productive part of my society. He had at least 5 red wounds, and was almost brained by my main miner.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2010, 05:45:57 am »

I have a dwarf with a yellow liver. He has lost all of his friends because they don't want to be seen with someone who drinks water. :P

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2010, 03:50:25 pm »

I'd guess that the imp grabbed your woodcutter, and he earned an experience point in wrestling by shaking him off.
Surely "shaking him off" doesn't regularly entail a freshly-drafted Dwarf tearing a fire imp literally in half?
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2010, 03:57:29 pm »

surely shaking him off wont do that, but self-defense with an axe surly will
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2010, 04:15:38 pm »

I started a 150 Elf fist (slap) fight in the Arena.

Three months later only two were left, both ridiculously experienced, but unconscious with (almost) every possible body part broken and mangled.
Over a hundred of the elves died of infection.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »

While testing a new siege race I modded in in the arena, one of my test subjects had everything chopped off other than his upper body, lower body and head... Think Monty Python.

Granted, these guys don't feel pain and have no blood or organs, but still... It was kinda disturbing seeing it wriggling around.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »

While testing a new siege race I modded in in the arena, one of my test subjects had everything chopped off other than his upper body, lower body and head... Think Monty Python.

Granted, these guys don't feel pain and have no blood or organs, but still... It was kinda disturbing seeing it wriggling around.

thats my kinda torso!

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2010, 05:04:23 pm »

surely shaking him off wont do that, but self-defense with an axe surly will
Sure, but that's still the most brutal takedown of an imp I've ever seen, and I've watched Champions killing them plenty of times.
The woodcutter in question has since been retitled "Armok's Will".
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2010, 05:15:08 pm »

then again it would be even better if he didnt use the axe...

christopherj

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2010, 04:00:49 am »

Alligators tore my Axedwarf up, about 7 of them tore off EVERY SINGLE limb.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8