Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Most horrifying injury?  (Read 14289 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Most horrifying injury?
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2010, 10:07:13 am »

sigh..

it seems as if im hvaing issues with troglodytes and giant bats in my fort..

usually if troglodytes show up, they'll get caught in my trap.. no problem.. but recently they've been managing to get a dwarf or two beyone the trap line somehow and usually breaking every wrestling-breakable bone in their body, along with stopping the function of every internal organ in their body, along with beating and maiming every other part of their body..

sad part is most of them fall in and out of conscious long enough to slowly walk to my cgae traps... and be caught.. :|

at that point i build their cages at the hospital and see if they live
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2010, 10:10:59 am »

:(

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2010, 10:15:28 am »

While it isn't exactly what you guys are talking about...
I usually leave a 10/10 weapon trap at the end of my trap gauntlets. If someone should ever reach the place, they are already suitably wounded (unless immortal) and literally explode with body parts flying in all directions.

Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2010, 10:18:38 am »

I was doing some illconcieved construction and my legendary miner got blown off a cliff by water pressure.

All of his internal organs were crippled.   But he's made a full recovery!... Albeit, he is paralyzed and just sits in bed getting fatter and fatter.

But his personality has the added  "Nothing really bothers him anymore"  tacked on.    I've also got a dwarf that has had both of his arms ripped out and a lung punctured that's still kickin.... Because...that's all he can do.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:02 am »

I had this perfect militia commander.  he'd arrived as a peasant migrant, competent leader, proficient axedwarf/fighter/etc.  he was muscular, agile and mighty. he was made for the job.

later, his squad had reached six dwarves and he had his first battle, a couple goblin ambushes.  I had my squad wait inside my entrance, we let them hit our weapons/cage traps first which succesfully sent many body parts in many directions, and they charged. it was mostly a slaughter, but my militia commander got knocked unconscious in the battle.

on top of a weapons trap.

he lost both his legs, his left arm (at the shoulder) and his right hand.

spent the rest of his days on a bed :(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:33:18 am by shoowop »

BrutalNoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She was attacked by and entire siege of goblin archers. The trail of blood that she left when rescued was 4 tiles wide. She died in the arms of the doctor as he was moving her to surgery. =(

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2010, 10:36:21 am »

I had a dwarf shot with 100+ arrows (I actually counted) while he was chilling out in the open-air refuse pile for some reason. Apparently being shot wasn't enough to shake him from whatever trance he was in. Anyway, everything on his was red or blue, he eventually got saved and taken to a hospital where he died of?

Thirst.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2010, 10:48:23 am »

I had an unfortunate construction failure result in a stairwell with gobbets of magma raining down occasionally.  Because it wasn't a constant stream, my idiot citizens decided this was still a thoroughfare, and quite a few died.  Most horrific, however, was the mother who carried her baby under the magmafall at the wrong moment.  The poor babe's legs were burned clean off.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2010, 10:51:18 am »

Whilst not horrible at all, I had a dwarf on top of a 6 Z lvl high tower take a swan dive off it. They lost a tooth.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2010, 04:49:56 pm »

Not horrifying at all really but I had a legendary cook show up in a migrant wave who somehow ended up paralyzed and bedridden for the rest of his life after apparently sustaining only minor injuries to his leg. I can't even remember what happened, it might have from the same goblin ambush that left another (less skilled) dwarf in bed with several red brown and yellow body parts. That dwarf was just a crippled mess after being unfortunate enough to stand in the way of some gobbo spearchuckers who threw spears down from a cliff near my farms (a security flaw I fixed soon after.)

KitsuneStudios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2010, 02:15:16 pm »

My axemen had been training and had some nice steel axes. One of the goblins got seriously gibbed: I directly saw one goblin become three chunks, as the torso flew four spaces to the north, one leg went right, and another went left, bouncing off the fortess wall, and landing in the moat.

What I didn't see was the fourth chunk. It landed a Z-level up, across the moat, on one of my fortress walls.

The rest of the amabush got it's revenge by chasing down Urist McFisherman, then having three goblins wrestle hm to death before the axedwarves got a drink, had a bite to eat, then decide to go rescue him. They managed to break every bone and organ in the poor bastard's body, and left him in a 3x3 pool of blood.

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2010, 02:43:54 pm »

This needed to be posted here as well.
... As of now they gnaw anything for hours but are simply not strong enough to get the kill.
I had a fort visited by a forgotten beast before I started a military. My pack of war dogs took this giant down, and proceeded to worry him like a good bone.

MONTHS LATER, I noticed the giant was still surrounded by dogs. He had cyan eyes (both chewed out of his still living skull, presumably) and yellow wounds on every other external body part. His wound list showed scarred, bleeding, torn flesh on every single body part, including each finger and toe. But still he lived in his blind agony.

Eventually I figured out how to get a woodcutter to come grant mercy to his 13,500kg misery. (military controls are SUCK.) He sat there helpless as a bleeding chewtoy for over a season.

I should post this anecdote in the "most horrifying story" thread.
*shudder*
LOL EYE SCREAM
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

scira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2010, 03:35:19 pm »

I've had a wardog that lost both eyes, two legs and the other two paws,and its two remaining legs were red, It may have have some body injuries as well. It would wander around my fort looking for the person who tamed it, falling unconscious frequently. It constantly would path near my stonefall traps but was quite a long time before it actually went into them.

When I saw it all I could think of was a line from a letsplay I had read with a similar situation, something like "Don't help me! I can do it myself!"

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2010, 07:39:11 pm »

This happened to a friend, but one of his wardogs held off an entire goblin siege, losing 3 legs, its tail, and damage to the upper spine, and managed to crawl back to the fortress, only to pass out on a weapon trap and spray dog gibbets across the room.

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2010, 10:02:59 pm »

This is hardly anything compared to what I've seen here, but still feel it's worth mentioning.
So, after my third Kobold in five minutes, I drafted everyone just to beat the thing senseless. The first person to get there was my brewer/fisherdwarf/tanner - I saw him flash purple maybe twice, and both the Kobold's eyes were missing, and both of its lungs were mangled.
This took place in less than a second.

EDIT: So, since my magma pipe extends all the way to the surface, I get harassed by Fire Imps every now and again. They've never actually attacked, until now, and my TREE RAPER woodcutter/carpenter's being chased by one shooting fireballs. I draft her and she goes for the thing.
Now...
Can someone tell me WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:15:37 am by Fistbeard »
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8