Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: America is full of FAIL!  (Read 17916 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: America is full of FAIL!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 09:40:29 pm »

Stated very clearly, the American People are smart,

I find this to be stretching it to the extreme
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 10:43:35 pm »

So, the governmental bailout program failed. Inbetween all the polititions here calling each other names, they accused the American people for being idoits and stated we need to stop calling our congressmen.

Okay, maybe they didn't directly say it, but this is an honest to goodness chain of logic as to why cnbc thinks that the bailout needs to pass.

1) No bailout will cause more forclosures (...)
2) More forclosures will drive down the property values of neighborhoods (True. Houses are appraised at the value the average home of equal construction is sold in the neighborhood.)
3) The lower property values will lower the tax base of local governments (True. Taxes are based on the value of the properties.)
4) Lower taxs will require the government to raise taxes or cut services. (Also true.)

So, In conclusion, if the bailout doesn't pass, the americans will have higher taxes!

To see where the logic fails, I will pull another conclusion out of this...
If the taxes you pay lower, the government is going to have to raise your taxes!

Stupid Americans, You better stop calling your congressmen on this, OR ELSE YOUR TAXES WILL GO UP (after going down. Oops, don't look at this, it doesn't give the right point!)

But what do I know, I actually think a big, bad economic collapse is nessessary for America. Silly Boat. Go away!

Who builds boats out of Granite anyway? Honestly!

You spelling = PHAIL!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 10:46:58 pm »

What is sad is in all likelyness the Bailout Bill is going to pass the second time through simply due to the "Fear factor" The Market drop caused.

"Ohh no, not passing the bill causes market crashes... Lets just pass it this time!"

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:11 pm »

You spelling = PHAIL!

So, are you saying his point is valid but refuting the whole thing on the basis of a minor spelling mistake?
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:27 pm »

Congress can be controlled through reinforcement and punishing too. Huge stock market drop after not passing a possibly critical bill -> the bill-cancelling behavior vanishes.

Oh Jesus

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 04:59:32 am »

(Warning, Explicit Language. By opening the link, you agree that you are of age or have parental consent to see foul language and compromising situations on the Internet.)

We are a deeply disturbed society if we feel the need to post such disclaimers absolutely fucking everywhere.

Congress can be controlled through reinforcement and punishing too. Huge stock market drop after not passing a possibly critical bill -> the bill-cancelling behavior vanishes.

It's silly, of course, to assume that the bill's passing would have prevented the drop or vice versa.  Correlation does not equal causation and so forth.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 05:02:44 am by Earthquake Damage »

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 02:16:38 pm »

America = biggest fail on Earth.

Glad I live in Europe.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 03:08:53 pm »

America = biggest fail on Earth.

Glad I live in Europe.

I think that America is failing, but Americans in general are not. Just get that straight. You can say the American government is corrupt, the economy is failing, the structure of our society is crumbling, but you cannot call us as people failures...that just hurts my feelings  :-[ ! Keep in mind I am not saying that you did this, just keep in mind everyone, even us fat, stupid, spoiled Americans have feelings!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 03:12:48 pm »

I wouldn't want a virgin anyway. Ever think there is a REASON that they are virgins?
We're talking medieval society here, so sequestration keeps even the hottest pure.

Oh Jesus

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 03:38:56 pm »

I don't know, most Americans seem to think how smart you are is inversely proportional to how much of an education you've had.  Or maybe we don't think that... just the person about half of us want as the next vice president...  We as a people, really aren't all that smart though.  And it's our own damn faults for the most part, though I suppose you could argue the idea that the media brainwashes us to be content in our stupidity. 

To all the Europeans jumping on the bash America band wagon... Chill, the US is only a couple hundred years old.  You really can't expect us to learn everything from your thousands of years of screw ups can you?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 04:22:56 pm »

To all the Europeans jumping on the bash America band wagon... Chill, the US is only a couple hundred years old.  You really can't expect us to learn everything from your thousands of years of screw ups can you?

Epic statement.

:)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 04:36:45 pm »

For all those hating on the US:

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

Everybody thinks highly of themselves. "I am not a failure!" they proclaim to themselves. "I am a superior specimen of my race, a paragon of greatness and all-around better than you!" they think. And by they, I include myself as well. Nobody is anything but a hypocrite, and even this realization does not render you non-hypocritical. At all.

Now America, America is suffering. It's grown powerful and so it has grown corrupt, it has grown decadent and stuck in a rut. America has stagnated and now it's coming crashing down and it's leaders don't want to accept that yes, they're going to fall and they'll just have to pick themselves up again, shedding a few hundred excess kilograms along the way. This does not mean that the average American person is stupid. Uninformed, prejudiced, greedy, hypocritical and superstitious yes, maybe even completely wrong, but not stupid. Then again, so is everyone to a degree.

But, to summarize: America is not stupid, but it's still an abject failure, including it's general population.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 04:42:36 pm »

"Hypocrisy is annoying but not evil, saying one thing and doing another only doubles your chance of being half right."
-some Starbucks cup

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 06:34:23 pm »

Im from Canada and our countries are very close in age. Yet we dont seemed to be screwed up, that'll change though since what ever your country does we get the effect. I wish our countrys were a ocean apart. Lucky europeans.

Also bout that picture by krumlink. A typical amercian answer, lets just blow it up!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8