Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49239 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2008, 02:22:08 pm »

I've got about half the year left, so yeah.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2008, 10:58:04 pm »

Well, that's that.

Things I did:
  • I changed many stockpiles, such as the north refuse stockpile, to accept different items (no more miasma constantly in the furniture stockpile, wood isn't being stacked on the booze).
  • Overall increase in efficiency.
  • Produced a huge surplus of metal.
  • Most of the military is now in copper/bronze/iron armor.
  • Killed the Bookkeeper.
  • Got many soldiers killed in a siege led by the goblin king. He escaped with extremely major wounds. I was shocked to not find his corpse on the field.
  • I also managed to flood my new farm area, oh well.
  • Large surplus of booze and food.
  • And Farmers.

Picture of the fortress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=711
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2008, 06:39:22 am »

Ok!  Another turn down, so let's see... filiusenox is next.  I will PM them.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2008, 08:57:57 pm »

OH NOOOOOO!!!

There are coins!

Hey, it's almost my turn, sweet.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2008, 08:59:37 pm »

Yeah, I've been keeping up on this.  Whose bright idea was it to make coins?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2008, 05:20:49 pm »

Ok im starting my term...by asking if you want to keep the coins or throw them into a pit?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2008, 05:42:24 pm »

Ok im starting my term...by asking if you want to keep the coins or throw them into a pit?

You can't do anything about them once they're made and have made it into possession of a dwarf. They clutter up a fortress and make it horribly messy, and maybe even a hit on FPS if you have enough thousands of them.

Which is mostly why some of us (mostly who played the 2d version) are so.. vehement.. about the hatred of them.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2008, 06:47:53 pm »

You can't do anything about them once they're made and have made it into possession of a dwarf.

You could melt them with magma.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2008, 06:49:55 pm »

You could melt them with magma.

If by 'could' you mean 'If you got the dwarves to put their coins in a magma chamber', yes. But they don't, they always put coins in their room or in some random hallway.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2008, 06:53:50 pm »

crud....i cant play.I dont hae the thing to open the rar file.  :( :( :(
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2008, 06:57:09 pm »

If by 'could' you mean 'If you got the dwarves to put their coins in a magma chamber', yes. But they don't, they always put coins in their room or in some random hallway.

Channel behind the room, floodgate into the room. Not seeing the problem here.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2008, 07:11:34 pm »

Flood a room in magma and see how long the dwarf can sleep on the bed.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2008, 07:47:03 pm »

crud....i cant play.I dont hae the thing to open the rar file.  :( :( :(
It's a windows program, I think.  If you try opening the file by right-clicking it, it should send you to a page where you can find a free trial of the program.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2008, 08:13:16 pm »

Do it when they're not in the room. If you don't have dwarves to spare or care about that dwarf, anyway.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2008, 08:40:38 pm »

Do it when they're not in the room. If you don't have dwarves to spare or care about that dwarf, anyway.

Flood a room in magma... sleep on the bed.

Flood... magma... sleep... bed.

magma... sleep... bed.

magma... bed.

If that doesn't help pinpoint what I'm telling you, I'll give you a quick montage of flaming beds.

The second, or third, greatest killer of forts was flaming beds and items.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32