Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]  (Read 49236 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Fort, Using Old 2d Version [23_130_23a]
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2008, 08:12:39 pm »

Just curious but if anyone wants a graphics set for the 2d I managed to transplant the mayday graphics into it. This thread got me interested in the old version and I wanted graphics for it so I worked on firguring out the character tokens to a degree. I'm not 100% sure it covers everything but at least at my embark its working >.>

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2008, 09:23:57 pm »

Just curious but if anyone wants a graphics set for the 2d I managed to transplant the mayday graphics into it. This thread got me interested in the old version and I wanted graphics for it so I worked on firguring out the character tokens to a degree. I'm not 100% sure it covers everything but at least at my embark its working >.>

You didn't need to do all that, the old tilesets are still saved on the archive wiki.

http://archive.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Object_Tilesets
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2008, 11:43:54 pm »

You didn't need to do all that, the old tilesets are still saved on the archive wiki.

Well of the ones that I tried most didn't seem to have full replacements or certain things just looked funky. I figured I'd just provide a tileset version that some may be more familiar with. To be honest one of the main things that bug me is the ground which is one reason I like the mayday pack, the ground isn't compromised of dots and commas and stuff.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2008, 12:09:19 am »

Well of the ones that I tried most didn't seem to have full replacements or certain things just looked funky. I figured I'd just provide a tileset version that some may be more familiar with. To be honest one of the main things that bug me is the ground which is one reason I like the mayday pack, the ground isn't compromised of dots and commas and stuff.

Use a tileset with a character set, then.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2008, 07:35:01 pm »

I keep trying to play, but once I get past the 7th of Granite I get the message:

FATAL ERROR

MISSING OBJECT:COULD NOT FIND UNIT DATA

I have no idea what's wrong.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2008, 07:40:39 pm »

FATAL ERROR

I forget what that error means, might be something about (modded) items being referenced and not actually existing.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:08 pm »

FATAL ERROR

I forget what that error means, might be something about (modded) items being referenced and not actually existing.
But then I wouldn't be able to play at all.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2008, 08:41:17 pm »

you need a new set of raw files, i think. somthing like that.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2008, 06:40:24 am »

Your turn is over on Sunday.  Have you got it working yet?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2008, 05:11:17 pm »

Your turn is over on Sunday.  Have you got it working yet?
Unfortunately, no.  Could someone else try it out real quick, to see if it's just me?
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2008, 09:48:25 am »

I'm afraid I won't be able to finish this;  for the short time I can play the file before the fatal error, the fps is really low, and I have to go out of town today.  Even if I can get it working tomorrow when I come back, I won't have enough time.

It really sucks too.  I was looking forward to this.
Just so I remember

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2008, 08:10:47 am »

Whoops, I've been out of it for a week or two and haven't advanced the turn.

Ok, Squeegy's turn now.  The save is back on page 14, near the top.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2009, 05:49:44 pm »

Well, no response there.  Next up is Aqizzar!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »

As soon as I find the link to the save, I'll get started.  It might take me a little while, because I might practice my 2D management with another fort so I don't destroy this one.  Or I could just go for broke, with absolutely no practice or preparation since my abortive first attempt.

Wish me luck, and that I don't get devoured by Civ 4 any more for a few days.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2009, 10:49:24 pm »

As soon as I find the link to the save, I'll get started.  It might take me a little while, because I might practice my 2D management with another fort so I don't destroy this one.  Or I could just go for broke, with absolutely no practice or preparation since my abortive first attempt.

Wish me luck, and that I don't get devoured by Civ 4 any more for a few days.

Civ4 is fun times, but DF shouldn't take too long.  A couple hours?  Been a while since I've run this fort.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32