Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.40d Released  (Read 114575 times)

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.40d Released
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 12:19:40 am »

Since you're breaking save compatibility already Toady, could you please look at the bug where creatures that are flying (as in from a combat hit) while a game is saved will be stuck like that forever and nothing can interact with them.  I have yet another save, this one from 40C, where this has happened if you need it.  A goblin with a blue background has been chilling in the air for years.  Even if it's a simple check on loading that causes such creatures to fall to the ground and take damage I'm fine with losing their current speed/trajectory.

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 11:04:46 am »

Since you're breaking save compatibility already Toady, could you please look at the bug where creatures that are flying (as in from a combat hit) while a game is saved will be stuck like that forever and nothing can interact with them.  I have yet another save, this one from 40C, where this has happened if you need it.  A goblin with a blue background has been chilling in the air for years.  Even if it's a simple check on loading that causes such creatures to fall to the ground and take damage I'm fine with losing their current speed/trajectory.

Dang it, now I'm thinking about that short in "the animatrix" with the kids playing around, floating around in that building that was glitching. 

I'm also wondering if I can arrange to have a large number of creatures in freefall at the same time of save...  maybe an epic floor collapse. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 03:12:25 pm »

(*) got rid of world gen crash during succession after death of prolific long-standing position holders with inbred descendants

Killer release notes...
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »

Oh boy, it gives me shivers just thinking about the next months developments. Wait it always does!  ;D

AtomicTesticle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 03:27:30 pm »

Is it just me or is Deathworks really creepy.

Anyways, the whole save "issue" isn't too bad because if someone wanted to keep their saves, they can always keep a separate DF folder with an older version. Personally, I like redoing sites that rule to make my efficiency much better, i.e. like havng enough massive rooms for every dwarf in the game by the 3rd year.

Keep up the good work.

This shit rules.
STD free since 1987

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 04:42:20 pm »

Is it just me or is Deathworks really creepy.
It's many people, but I have no idea why.  Seems to me about as rational as being creeped out by blacks or gays.

Now, hating people with pointy ears who don't let you chop wood, *that* makes sense.

AtomicTesticle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 06:25:46 pm »

Well it might be the cat avatar, or the fact he's a male and talks the way he does, or that he makes every post like a love letter, or that he signs every post eventhough you can obviously tell it's him talking.

Just makes me think of Dahlmer.
STD free since 1987

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 05:53:52 pm »

I sort of think it's funny. It's his thing, you know? I find it entertainingly quirky.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 06:10:52 pm »

(*) stopped dwarves from choosing to sleep on top of traps

GODDOMMOT

There go my 50+ suicide booths. Ironically enough, I built them in new fortress made in this version without knowing this. :P

Also, double post. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:12:31 pm by inaluct »

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:39 am »

is there going to be any announcement of an ETA on the new version of DF so i dont have to check the forums on a daily basis?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2008, 07:05:46 pm »

why would you not check the forums anyhow?

There is a disturbing abundance of cat-avatars around currently...
a catsplosion might be imminent!
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2008, 09:09:37 pm »

Well it might be the cat avatar, or the fact he's a male and talks the way he does, or that he makes every post like a love letter, or that he signs every post eventhough you can obviously tell it's him talking.

Just makes me think of Dahlmer.
Yeah. It is. And do any of you know that catgirls also has elf-like ear? Sometimes.

why would you not check the forums anyhow?

There is a disturbing abundance of cat-avatars around currently...
a catsplosion might be imminent!
Don't worry, my Arab_Mecha will kill them. In one slash. Really.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:58 am »

is there going to be any announcement of an ETA on the new version of DF so i dont have to check the forums on a daily basis?

I think my last ETA on a larger update was off my six months or so, so I refrain from attempting estimations like that now.  You can probably stay off the forums/dev log/RSS feed in October though, if you are anticipating a release announcement.  Lots of stuff to do.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 04:15:53 am »

(On reflection, this post turned out to be asking about the status of something I was imagining. Meaning I've been waiting 11 days for a version that's not coming.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:21:35 am by XmasApe »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2008, 08:44:13 pm »

Well, that must be disheartening.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11