Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404021 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #885 on: September 22, 2008, 07:19:04 am »

stop that sean! stop that!!
* andrea runs around with the hands on the eyes to avoid seeing sean's spoilers

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 22, 2008, 07:55:53 am »

Alright, only Kashyyk left. I won't choose an action for him yet, the situation is too dangerous. Rooster, on the other hand, might meet his doom on these fields. I'll be sure to try and give him a heroic death, though of course the dice shall have their say first. ;)

So as to ease up the pressure on andrea, I'll just say he's very much alive and well. ;D
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 22, 2008, 09:58:56 am »

Sorry I have been away!

First: I charge the group standing in front of the keep doors killing as many as possible.
Second If I can I slip through the doors or if not, i continue massacring them.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 22, 2008, 10:00:55 am »

roll!  :D

unluckly now i have to go to the gym :( well, i'll be back

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 22, 2008, 12:43:09 pm »

Alright, turn done. Btw, I completely forgot one thing. JK's armor absorbed 3 arrows at one point, and I forgot to include it in the status.

So, now that problem is rectified, and improved upon.

------------      
Turn 28      
------------      
Quote from: andrea
   i concentrate to prepare to the battle, trying to increase my agility.   
|   Surrounded by enemies, desperate for help, you call out to the heavens to grant you power to oppose your foes! Feeling some higher power responding, you brandish your maul above your head, then let out a high-pitched shriek, thrusting the maul upwards, as if smiting the heavens themselves. At the very moment, the clouds in the sky above you turn menacing-black, and a blazing bolt of lightning smites at your maul and surrounded you with a brilliant light. You feel the energy and embrace it, becoming one with the power. As the lightning fades to a deafening blast of thunder, which stuns everyone on the battlefield, you still stand surrounded by a brilliant light, wreathed in swirling arcs of lightning, your maul shining as if it were made of lightning itself. (Alrighty then, another overpowered monster on my hands. :) You are now resistant to electricity, can control electricity, surrounded by electricity that makes anyone touching you with a conducting surface suffer damage, have a +1 to agility, a +2 to speed, and your maul will now additinally deal a strike of electricity on every hit it connects. Also, you emit light, so do not suffer from darkness. On the other hand, electronics fear you, you are damn easy to spot, you shouldn't go too near water, and the lightning around you is equally dangerous to your allies. Speaking of which, it's raining. You will rapidly lose your power if it discharges too often, but it will recharge again.)   
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I try to find myself a decent weapon and armor.   
|   Unfortunately, all the weapons on the floor where you are are being held by guards, as is all the armor. Korora might let you take his weapons though, they're on the third floor.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I steal two wooden elven blades!   
|   You grab at the weapons of two passing elves, trying to wrench them from their hands. One of them is too shocked at this development, and easily loses his sword, | but the other is too strong for you. He regains his sword, cutting with it against your hand. | Quite as you'd expect though, the polished wooden sword is too dull to actually leave any cuts, but you let go of it to avoid damage in any case. (you're not wearing gloves or gauntlets)   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   Ok, I grab Andrea and jump onto the keep's roof.    
|   You jump over to the brillinatly shining andrea and grab him by his waist with your right arm, careful not to stab him with anything. | The lightning arcs over to your armor, but you don't feel any of it. Then you again try to jump up, but still can't jump higher than last time. | In a last ditch attempt to get andrea to the keep, you throw him towards the roof at the peak of your jump, but the arcing electricity suddenly makes your arm twitch, and you drop him instead. | Unabashed by the sudden loss of support, andrea uses the opportunity to strike the attacking elves with lightning! | He swings his maul, sending several powerful discharges at them! As the lightning strikes the elves, at least three are instantly charred, and at least seven more recieve heavy burns. In addition, a large portion of the army fall to the ground, twitching in agony from the ground-shock. Mighty pleased with his doing, andrea lands perfectly on his feet, but he feels his power lessening (only +1 speed now). | Impressed by the fireworks display, you fumble your own landing a bit, but it's nothing your armor can't handle.   
Quote from: Boksi
   "I'll attack the Elfzilla with everything I have. Everything. Halberd, kicks, earth-manipulation, biting, the works. Except the arrow, but my reasoning for that shall remain undisclosed for this time being.

Of course, this means I am, for one, launching myself out of the hole to attack the thing. Preferably in a way that won't make me fall, such as bringing the earth up with me and forming a huge amount of earthen spikes to assault the Elfzilla."   
|   You leap out of your makeshift shelter and see the elfzilla very busy roaring at everyone and thrashing about with its fists. Feeling very angry at it, you charge at the abomination, jump into the air, and crash onto the beast's head, halberd, kicks and all, like a mighty avatar of rage! | Elfzilla clearly didn't see that one coming. Throwing a series of kicks at its skull, you managed to crack it even further, causing massive damage to the head. Then, jumping off the beast's shoulder, you swung your halberd down, with all the force your muscles could muster, rending the foul thing apart, cleaving it whole into two. For a moment, it stood like that, trying to comprehend what happened, and then, with a heavy *thud* it fell sideways, showering you with blood. The rain slowly washes it off, as you stand on the battlefield in your moment of victory.   
Quote from: korora
   I'll go to the roof of the keep and look for the key.   
|   The ladder is all but free at the moment, lots of dwarves and humans run up and down, hauling up ammo and hauling down the dead, dying, and wounded. LASD runs up from behind and shoves you into the stream, before plunging into it himself. After a momentary struggle with a few wound-up dwarves, you ascend. You are on the roof, but you can't look around, because you can't raise your head with all the arrows flying about.   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll help korora. If it causes me to end up in the roof as well, I keep my shield over my head to protect me from arrows.   
|   You quickly clear the third staircase, no doubt thanks to all the dwarves being rather busy shooting down the elves, and arrive on the fourth floor. There you see korora, standing in hesitation, unable to find a spot to jam into the torrent of running people. Being a little more direct in your approach, you quite unceremoniously shove him, and yourself, onto the stairs, and you both end up on the roof. Holding your shield up to protect you from arrows, you cautiously look around. There are ballistae and catapults firing, dwarves and humans running, shouting, crossbows and shortbows all together spew forth ammo, their sound equivalent to a few gattlings firing. It's quite genuinely chaotic up here.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I go about practicing my healing on wounded dwarfs and humans, eventually making my way to the second floor.   
|   There aren't really anyone to heal here yet, so you decide to zip off to the roof. Literally. Focusing your TK above and below, you launch yourself through the stone floors, upwards! | You crash through quite a few ceilings, sending bits of stone everywhere, but you control those and they fall harmlessly down without hurting anyone. Blasting through the final ceiling, you see the dark cloudy sky above you, and a few dozen very flabbergasted dwarves and humans. As you come to a soft landing on the roof, you feel that you need to explain the situation, but remember that you only speak elven, and that wouldn't help in this situation. Arrows fly above your head. You see at least nine ballistae and three catapults arrayed on the roof. In the center of the roof, surrounded by heavily armored dwarves with very tall shields and large axes, is a conspicuous construction of rock. One of the dwarves around it, clad in shiny, though a little blood-spattered, steel armor weaved with gold and platinum, sees you and motions to the other dwarves that you're a friend. Or so you think. Anyways, the dwarves that surrounded you turned to more pressing matters like elves.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I charge the group standing in front of the keep doors killing as many as possible.   
|   Barely three steps out of the door of the armor shop you are accosted by a large amount of elves. Several archers fire arrows at you, and swordselves hack at you with their swords, | hitting their mark every time. | However, your iron flesh easily accepts the blows and arrows, getting somewhat scarred by the attacks, but you don't feel any damage done. | You grab the nearest two swordelves by their heads, and swing them around, throwing all nearby attackers away from you. Having done that, you throw both elves at the archers who fired at you. | The necks of the two elves have snapped, and they died before you threw them. The other swordselves received serious injuries, broken arms and whatnot. The archers couldn't dodge so well either, and were heavily battered by the impacts.   
Quote from: Rooster
   (AI) I try to surround the keep with illusionary fire, and try to make all elves I see believe it.   
|   You focus and concentrate, but cannot encompass such a large space with your illusion. You exhaust yourself trying.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Currently standing amidst the ruin of the tavern.   
   While it would be nice to have a sort of empathic link with your companion, you have no idea what he is doing.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The elves try to break into the keep!   
|    SLAM! CRASH! CRRRASH! The sheer mass of the elves pounding on the doors has succeeded in ripping them from their hinges! A large amount of elves have broken into the keep! Civilians flee in panic to the second floor! | Several guards who were near the doors got mowed down. The rest have followed the civilians to the second floor. | Wielding his dagger with marvellous skill, Gantolandon backs away up to the second floor along with the guards.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The marksdwarves keep firing. Hauler dwarves attempt to use catapult stones to barricade the broken keep entryway!   
|    No wonder the dwarves are regarded as the best masons. A half dozen expertly dropped round stones have completely blocked the ravaged doors, crushing a few elves in the process. | Only a few elves fell to dwarven bolts.   
------------      
Elven assault!   (any attempt to move through outside now will go with a -2 penalty unless it is in a way that bypasses the elves)   
Boksi:[3]   Not a minute after you disposed of the great abomination, three swordselves attack you! You swipe at them with your halberd! | You hit them all! | They still evade your attack enough not to sustain too serious injury.   
andrea:[5]   Taking an opportunity, you leap into the air and raise your maul high, calling a lightning strike! The lightning obeys, striking your maul! You then come crashing down, smiting the ground before you as you land, sending a hurricane of shattered rock and blazing arcs of lightning toward the approaching elves! | At least a dozen elves got fried and shredded by your Mega Spirit Maul Lightning Smash, dying a very messy and agonizing death.   
chaoticag:[2+1]   Several elves leap onto you, but you roll away, and charge back at them, hacking with your newfound wooden blade! | The elves parry your attacks.   
Jay Kayell:[3]   The elves fear you enough to back away from you, but not so much that they don't want to shoot you. Several arrows fly your way! | Your armor absorbs 4 more arrows.   
Kashyyk:[5]   Having disposed of the elves who were attacking you, you charge towards the keep, hacking at every elf in your path with your axe! | At least twenty got in your way, and each got a taste of your axe, though some of them will probably survive it.   
Rooster is invisible.      
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright on the field not too far from the keep.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright not too far from the keep.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning.      
korora:      
Crouched on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, somewhere near the keep.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden longsword.      
Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing. Special status: Martial Trance (will wear off after next turn).      
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright on the second floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding an Iron dagger.      
Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Standing upright on roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing upright on the street near the keep.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts, but no serious damage is sustained.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator. Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and the armor set: -Iron chainmail-, iron chain greaves, copper boots, and a soft leather dress to wear all of that better. The chainmail is nicely polished, and almost looks silver. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him. Wielding an +Iron longsword+.      
Nose broken, bleeding, forehead and chin bruised.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Beyond Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Out on the street, standing amidst the elves.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords, and its steel fists as well. The armor has 7 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Two-floor building. The door is blown out, the doorframe is torn out as well. Amid the room is a large barricade of broken furniture, elven corpses and trash. Half of the building's roof is gone, most of it is now smashed into the floor. A large hole is broken into the storage cellar. Another hole is busted through the building's wall. There're some weapons stuck into the first floor's ceiling. The building houses your enter/exit point.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some odd construction in the center of the roof.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [5]   The rain ceases. The group of soldiers and standard-bearers steadily appoaches the keep. Jay Kayell can only surmise that is the leader of the attack.   
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:19:34 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 22, 2008, 12:53:27 pm »

First: OK then, I activate my Enrage self ability and attack the elves around me, fighting my way to Elven leader. If I can I also help Chaoticag.
Second: I continue fighting my way towards him while trying to learn elven.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:03:50 pm by Kashyyk »

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 22, 2008, 01:00:51 pm »

Based on my DF knowledge, I suspect taking out the leader will send the whole siege packing.  So if anyone is conveniently adjacent to him, that might be a good plan.

Myself, I'm going to spend my turn looking for the key (which I know to be in the center of the roof) amidst all this chaos, while trying as best I can to avoid an arrow-y demise.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 22, 2008, 01:02:10 pm »

I cleave a path to the elven leader while shouting terrifying war cries!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 22, 2008, 01:10:12 pm »

i run toward the keep, maul raised, ready to brutally kill or burn any enemy i find on my path.

finally i got to be thor! i can use lightnings now! at least i think... i'lll have to try.

oh, in a couple of turns you might want to be as far as possible from the elven leader...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 22, 2008, 01:13:05 pm »

Please don't Andrea! I'm going to challenge him to a duel. 1-on-1. Chaoticag can join in if he gets there on time to make it 2-on-2

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 22, 2008, 01:18:10 pm »

I follow chaoticag and kill any elf that comes within arm's reach of me. I also make sure to grab some of the dead elves and bring them with me.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 22, 2008, 01:20:44 pm »

There's no time to search for weapons, then. It's not neccessary with my power, anyway. Learning from my mistakes, I try to improve my TK Healing skill to allow it to shape flesh and bone more freely, minimalizing risk of overcharging it with too much force. Only then I will feel safe enough to start Dwarf Instrumentality Project...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 22, 2008, 01:28:01 pm »

Btw, JK is becoming "quite the battlemech". I think he needs a few ballista bolts and some more arrows, and he can be the steampunk high fantasy version of an Elemental.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 22, 2008, 01:30:43 pm »

ok, kashyyk, i'll leave it to you. but if for some reason you decide to give up, i'll try to fry him from the roof of the keep.
(just think at it: i am on the roof of the keep, standing up on the wall, maul raised toward the sky, dark clouds spawn, a mighty lightining come down to my hammer, then i move it toward the elves and the lightining falls among them)

oh, i have to work about the hammer. Mjöllnir, thor's hammer , could go back to his owner's hand after being thrown.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 22, 2008, 01:32:17 pm »

Boomerammer!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 409