Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 112991 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [beta 0.96]
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2008, 01:48:58 am »

I think they are hardcoded. Sadly. =(
However fallout 2 uses coins and bottle caps are obsolete so at least it's not agains the law of the Fallout world.

I've added a few "scrap piles" and road signs as trees.
Please look into it and suggest more objects of the same type.

Release 0.97 Beta.
I will work on it later, when I'll arrive at work (I'm leaving home now and heading to work).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [beta 0.96]
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2008, 01:51:31 am »

Oh. Iguana on a stick then?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [beta 0.97]
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2008, 01:53:59 am »

There's already a cookable iguana (vermin) now.
What do you mean by iguana-on-a-stick? Is it an answer to my question? I can't imagine a wodcutter/salvager cutting iguana-on-a-stick and making beds/shields from it =).
This release was mostly about entity tweaking.
Also floaters are fixed (they had a bug with a brain) and there're various crabs and a horned kangoroo by Aquizzar.
And there're different minor tweaks to entities and their items (rags for ghouls), naming changes (disease/death/misery for ghouls; tech/wealth/... for vault dwellers; tribes/war/... for saveges etc.) and full personality settings for each creature from the major races.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:57:20 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2008, 01:56:09 am »

There should be something like size 1 iguanas, so you can have iguana meat.

I would advise against extensive lists of toys, instruments, etc.  Remember that nobles like specific types of toys or whatever, but you can only order general "make toys".  The wider the variety, the harder it is to make what you actually need.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:38 am »

Oh. Iguana on a stick then?
This could be implemented by adding this to food
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ON_A_STICK]
[NAME:on-a-stick]
[LEVEL:2]
There could be some weird dishes because of this, but I think it would be nice flavor.

I was just thinking the other day how modern weapons and things would work in DF and now that I returned to the forums after being away a few days the answer was already here. So, Thank you! This mod is great. Makes me want to play Fallout again.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2008, 05:29:06 am »

There's already a cookable iguana (vermin) now.

There should be something like size 1 iguanas, so you can have iguana meat.

Sorry guys, but Iguana-On-A-Stick isn't made with Iguana meat...A mission from the first game lets you find out just what it really is made from...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2008, 07:23:02 am »

Don't make me remember it.
Damn. I'm already playing Fallout 2 again (and mostly using "look at" everywhere to get some ideas) and now I want to go back to the 1st one. Glow... Necropolis... Shady Sands...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2008, 10:45:01 pm »

To make it make more since - Woodcutters should be renamed to salvagers.

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2008, 10:49:15 pm »

Sorry guys, but Iguana-On-A-Stick isn't made with Iguana meat...A mission from the first game lets you find out just what it really is made from...

Cannibalism might be a major food source. Not much else besides brahmin and those weird cabbage plants that seem to grow everywhere.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2008, 10:56:59 pm »

Also to really make no rivers - make the erosion cycle count 1000, make the pre-ero rivers 800 and the post 0. No rivers!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2008, 12:25:19 am »

With the modifications, it seems that the Mutants and Vault Dwellers don't come into conflict anymore.  :'(

This may be an unintended consequence of limiting the Vault Dwellers to one vault per civilization.  Now, the Vault Dwellers and Mutants don't ever seem to meet one another, so they can't learn to hate one another.

While this may seem pretty accurate according to the Fallout games, it isn't really as much fun.

Perhaps there's a way for either the Mutants to seek out the Vault Dwellers, or for the Vault Dwellers to attempt limited expansion, like in Fallout: Tactics.

In the Fallout game, the chief problem that keeps the Vault Dwellers from expanding is their limited numbers.  Generally, there are only enough Vault Dwellers to keep the Vault at a constant population.  So, there are no extra people for expansion.  Perhaps limiting the population of the Vault Dweller civilizations can make expansion difficult, but possible.

Of course, once the Enclave is added to the game, things will get more interesting.  I'm flashing back to the starting sequence of Fallout 2.  Brutal.   :o

Ok, I just tweaked some things, and the results are interesting.  First, I extended the starting year from 100 to 200.  Second, I increased the starting civilizations from 20 to 25.  Usually, extending the starting civilizations can cause near-infinite rejects, but in this case the starting civilizations and map features are such that it turned out ok.  I get into the game, peek at the legends, and find out that the mutants have been waging a rather lengthy war with one of the vaults!  Unfortunately, they declared peace, but it's progress!

Also, I noticed that the Ghouls have "desert_badlands" set as their starting biome.  If that were set to just "desert" they would have a far greater chance of showing up on the map.  "Desert_badlands" seems like a high savagery biome, and high savagery can heavily prevent civilizations from forming.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2008, 01:25:14 am »

first of healing powder appears twice in the trade list-  so it probably is a double item, and there definitely needs more animal diversity for the desert, I mean lots of monstrous to just semi-dangerous would be nice. It is just, Geckos and Mantises, and sometimes ants. And only the geckos are really dangerous.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2008, 08:18:10 am »

Wagons should be replaced with the trailers the caravans use in Fallout 1.

They probably should also be made to drop metal instead of wood, which reduces the amount of wood even more, but again, the flavor would be great.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:21:02 pm by LASD »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2008, 09:54:03 am »

Also, I noticed that the Ghouls have "desert_badlands" set as their starting biome.  If that were set to just "desert" they would have a far greater chance of showing up on the map.  "Desert_badlands" seems like a high savagery biome, and high savagery can heavily prevent civilizations from forming.
It was intentional. The ghouls are rare enough now, maybe I should make them more common. ANY_DESERT led to huge sprawling ghoul complexes. I should limit them to less savege biome then, I'll try it.
The problem with vaults now is their limited biome and number of inhabitants. Again, I'll look into it twice.

Shouldn't wagons be replaced with the trailers the caravans use in Fallout 1?
Good idea.

first of healing powder appears twice in the trade list
Erh I wanted to test what if I name different drinks with the same name. Isn't working =(. I just forgot to test it.

To make it make more since - Woodcutters should be renamed to salvagers.
I already wrote about it here. Only professions with -man can be renamed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:59:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2008, 12:41:14 pm »

I'm planning to remove the Bowyer speciality from vdwellers. So you won't make bone/wood shotguns/sniper rifles. And the metal ones are produced with Weaponsmith, right? Then it'll be much harder to obtain your first ranged defence (wood crossbows did fantastic things in DF, too easy as I think) but you will get more reasonable weapons.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33