Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 112959 times)

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [beta 0.97]
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2008, 03:05:58 pm »

more important is to remove wood/bone ammo- however then you can't train at all....

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2008, 03:28:07 pm »

Since most of the "wood" in this game is actually metal salvage, the "wooden" bullets aren't a stretch of the imagination.  And nobody really knows how energy rounds are created anyways, so that's not such a stretch of the imagination.  Bone ammo could be simply the reclaiming of metal fragments from the animal carcass (since metal ammo is the most likely cause of animal death, plus all the residual rust).  Ok, maybe that is a stretch...

In regards to wars between Mutants and Vault Dwellers, it's probably alright that they are rare.  In this version of Dwarf Fortress, the goblins are pretty tame, so their Mutant equivalents are the same.  I just personally prefer a world of strife for adventuring.

Also, I noticed that the Middle Earth Mod has more wrestling combos, I was wondering if we could see some of that transfered to this mod.  Or maybe I'm wrong and just need to fight more humans!  ;D

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2008, 03:33:15 pm »

For the record, the ability to create bone and wooden ammo are hardcoded for ammo. So the best course of action is to remove the bowyer job as mentioned.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2008, 03:48:48 pm »

Doof.  I was just making a post-ap mod, but I wasn't doing anything specifically Fallout-ish.  Mainly just lots of people with dangerous guns and cheap ammo, and mega-tough mutants wandering the countryside.

So, basically, I overpowered the overpowered missile weapons, and then stuck in something big and nasty enough to shoot at.

With this here mod, I don't really see the point of releasing it.  How are missile weapons handled in this one?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2008, 03:51:46 pm »

I have another idea. For now I'm drunk and I won't touch the mod, or I will screw it, but how about "make wooden/bone/etc." shells/cartridge-cases and then I'll make a smelter reaction to turn 20 shells/cartridge-cases to actual ammo (so you'll make just cases at craftman's workshop and you'll turn it in any ammo you need later which will be made of metal).

Kagus
The missile weapons are powerful enough, but melee fighters with power fists and such and with shield generators own in melee because of the blocking ability.

Also if you want to add/contribute something I'll be very glad to have it. I treat this mod more like a community one than like my personal, since a lot of cool ideas here belong to the our forum society.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:55:04 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2008, 05:16:24 pm »

Mr.Handies just raided and killed my vault..... complete slaughter.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2008, 05:20:27 am »

Nice mod   ;D

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2008, 10:03:45 pm »

hey - i am willing to do a full tileset for this mod, especially a 'tileset' featuring scrapheaps instead of trees etc etc.

the only thing that's stopping me, as a talented paintmeister of many an age, from doing it is the fiddliness in setting up references to every character and setting up the grids in the .bmp for each character tile and associating them to the appropriate character.

so if anyone is willing to map out each character type i would need to do in graphics_example.txt and maybe even provide an appropriately sized .bmp or tell me what the dimensions of such a .bmp should be - i would do a character and tileset especially for this mod, as i love it so much.

email - milliondeadtongue@hotmail.com, if you want to help me, help ye :)
my fortress is full of kitties

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2008, 09:13:05 am »

Ghouls.
Mutated surface or vault dwellers which live in wilderness. They became familiar with mutated nature and use any weapons they may find. Mostly friendly, sometimes they wage war against other species. They consume the flesh of their foes.
They play the role of elves.

Curious.. did you actually find coding to get them to eat only raw flesh? Or did you just use the carnivore tag?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:41 am »

hey - i am willing to do a full tileset for this mod, especially a 'tileset' featuring scrapheaps instead of trees etc etc.

the only thing that's stopping me, as a talented paintmeister of many an age, from doing it is the fiddliness in setting up references to every character and setting up the grids in the .bmp for each character tile and associating them to the appropriate character.

so if anyone is willing to map out each character type i would need to do in graphics_example.txt and maybe even provide an appropriately sized .bmp or tell me what the dimensions of such a .bmp should be - i would do a character and tileset especially for this mod, as i love it so much.

I will email you when I go back at home. It should be a 24bit bmp with 32x32px tiles and a generic purple as background.
I can easily make all the reference in graphics_whatever.txt file, I just lack painting skills.
Also if you could make not a tileset only but a character set too it'd be great (with some sci-fi font? I lack designer skills too :)). Add a scrap pile/road sign symbol for it and keep one for a dead tree and one for a usual tree, I will use them all.

Curious.. did you actually find coding to get them to eat only raw flesh? Or did you just use the carnivore tag?
They're as elves and will be carnivore and bonecarn in the upcoming version.
Raw flesh is considered as a usual meal in df so there's no another token for it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:20:30 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2008, 09:23:00 am »

k, careful with bonecarn i hear they suffocate occasionally  ;D

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2008, 04:31:30 am »

I will email you when I go back at home. It should be a 24bit bmp with 32x32px tiles and a generic purple as background.
I can easily make all the reference in graphics_whatever.txt file, I just lack painting skills.
Also if you could make not a tileset only but a character set too it'd be great (with some sci-fi font? I lack designer skills too :)). Add a scrap pile/road sign symbol for it and keep one for a dead tree and one for a usual tree, I will use them all.

They're as elves and will be carnivore and bonecarn in the upcoming version.
Raw flesh is considered as a usual meal in df so there's no another token for it.

sweet man - i have the bitmap skills, but i lack the know-how in reference to setting up the tiles and associating each creaturetype to their tiles. if you could step me through that, as an old school fan of all fallout games so far, and as an 'artist' (whatever that is these days, it definately doesn't earn me anything that's all i know) i'll put in the hardyards.

i really, really dig this mod. hopefully i'll get a spare day on the weekend.

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2008, 08:21:13 pm »

i had a date tonight and now i do not... and that sucks. but for you guys - i am working on the fallout tileset by the looks of it, i'll start with a tileset then lay into the more difficult character set - any help in regards to bitmap formatting and character_example.txt is appreciated.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2008, 12:08:07 am »

You may freely leave txt files for me.
Also there's no character_example.txt file, where did you get it?
As an artist you can help by providing us a tileset of creatures.

Here are examples:
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/List_of_user_graphics_sets

Pick that background color, make a 24bit bmp with any dimensions you like, X*Y is fully customizable here.
Divide the image on 32x32 tiles and draw creatures in.

Character set works in similar way but it does not require any "mapping", there's a fixed X*Y bmp consisting of 256 tiles.
The numeric order is starting from the x=0,y=0 tile and it's called "zero" tile. The tile to the right of it is #1, then #2 etc. so 2nd raw starts with the tile #16 and the last tile in the image is tile #255 (so it's basically 0..255 2d massive which looks like a table but is referenced like a single raw consisting of 256 images).
They are fixed so there's no need to "map" them. If you replace a character "m" all words with "m" will have it replaced with your tile. THere're a few tiles like a tree one or a lobster one which are referenced in creature raws only and thus are not fixed. Just make a new version of tileset and a few "custom" tiles like those with scrap pile/road sign, you can assign these to unused tiles (*i.e. 'lobster' one and 'plump helmet' one). Also we need a "nuclear" tile too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:09:53 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2008, 12:58:46 am »

sweet - i dig. now for the werk..... much werk. but so far i've (using guybrushes 16x16 tileset for a base) made new simple flat-faced walls, so they look really good as bunker/vault walls, but also as wood/metal/stone perimeters etc. i've changed every tree tile into a pile of scrap metal/wood. gathered logs now looks like gathered scrap wood/metal. some furniture has been made more modern and simple.

i'll make the lobster into a nuclear sign. what should i make into a stopsign? what is unused other than the lobster?

um, sorry, i meant 'graphics_example.txt' - and thanks for the info anyhow, what is my biggest trouble now that i've got the knowhow is figuring out what [CREATURE:BRAHMIN(etc)] tags i ought to be using, and what professions i'll need to make for the more intelligent races.

i'm sure that vaultdwellers,ghouls,mutants,brahmin,dogs are a first and a must, and i'll start with a civilian version and a soldier with gun version of VD,ghoul & i'll do a melee and ranged mutant.
so what profession tags would i need to assign for each creaturetype?

sorry, i hope that made sense, but i am on it, i just need help with the creature references now. if i could get a list of each [creature:<type>] and the professions or individual variants ill need to use for each, well, thatd be swell. :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33