Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 112992 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. [version 1.41], zombies in a separate download
« Reply #270 on: December 25, 2008, 02:40:11 am »

[GRAPHICS:YES] -> [GRAPHICS:NO]

Then you should look at this part:
[WINDOWEDX:640]
[WINDOWEDY:300]
[FONT:curses_640x300.bmp]
[FULLSCREENX:800]
[FULLSCREENY:600]
[FULLFONT:curses_800x600.bmp]

Set desired resolution for windowed or fullscreen mode and write the name of the set you want to use.

If you don't succeed give me a link to the set you want and desired resolution and I will send you init.txt for it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 25, 2008, 10:44:49 pm »

Hurray, it seems to have worked, now I'll just cross my fingers and hope the crashes dont start up this way.

Thanks you! Happy Festivus! Totally better than that zombie mod :D j/k :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2008, 03:39:53 am »

I can't say it's "totally better' than zombie mod, you can have a grudge with the author this way :). I think zombie mod is somewhat "limited" in content in terms of variety... Zombies here, zombies there... But you can't blame author because this is what this mod SHOULD do. A totally zombie-infested world :).
I hope you like mine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2008, 08:09:08 pm »

Hey, are there brainbots? Just a thought.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2008, 02:57:34 am »

The new release bears something we need so much: castes. Because for now I should make a new skulking race for each type of robot... And they live separately. But with the new feature they will be a single race with different craetures (different robots) which makes sense. Also this will lead to cool "mutated" races where every entity job is performed by a creature with different mutations... Ah, dreams...

I want to include brainbots and sentrybots at least as random encounters... But I need to draw their graphcis first :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2009, 05:11:33 am »

The Large Radscorpion grabs The Glowing One by the right ear with his right pincer!

Is stuff like a civil war between the inhabitants of a cave supposed to happen?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2009, 05:38:17 am »

Well, I've encountered intelligent creatures vs beasts wars before  so I don't think it's an issue.

by the right ear with his right pincer!
Sounds funny. Maybe he was a bad boy? ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:39:52 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2009, 03:07:48 am »

Was glancing through the raws, and noticed that the cannibal metal tribal armor had no "rarity" descriptor.  Best as I can tell, this means they'll never use it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2009, 05:26:34 am »

Thank you for noticing :). I will make a fix soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2009, 02:52:15 am »

This should be added:
[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_STICK]
[NAME:on a stick]
[LEVEL:2]
 ;D
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

pndrev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2009, 07:21:12 am »

As a veteran of FO1, FO2, FO:T and most recently FO3 this mod is definitely a must-have. :D

NewMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather have Asimov be right.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2009, 12:23:50 pm »

How long until the enclave gets put in? Maybe they should be like vault dwellers , but more expansionist, aggressive towards all other races and with unique, extremely powerful technology. Would it be possible to give them robots?

EDIT: I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, but ghouls seem to grow too much compared to other civ types. Also, BoS don't appear to spread too much, in 8 or so worlds they always end up with just a single settlement. (this is a max-sized map with 100 civs)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 04:35:56 pm by NewMartianEmperor »
*Has learned to despise the windows 7 beta within half-a-day* *It's still better then vista, though* *Wants to mod in a race of giant robots, but can't be bothered*

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2009, 07:59:42 pm »

MOd in liberty prime as a megabeast!

Do it!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2009, 09:24:33 pm »

How long until the enclave gets put in? Maybe they should be like vault dwellers , but more expansionist, aggressive towards all other races and with unique, extremely powerful technology. Would it be possible to give them robots?

EDIT: I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, but ghouls seem to grow too much compared to other civ types. Also, BoS don't appear to spread too much, in 8 or so worlds they always end up with just a single settlement. (this is a max-sized map with 100 civs)

RE: Enclave- I haven't finished Fallout 2, but from what I gather, they are vault dwellers who are more expansionary.  It's definitely possible for Deon to give them robots, should he chose to do so.  Essentially, the robots would replace the dogs and cats.

RE: BoS- I have finished Fallout 1, in which there was only one settlement, so that's pretty accurate.

RE: Ghouls- Well, they are better adapted to the wasteland, but you're right.  They probably have a biome type that nobody or almost nobody has, so they don't have to compete with the other civs.  If they really had to compete with the other civs, I doubt they would win.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2009, 07:52:05 am »

RE: Enclave- I haven't finished Fallout 2, but from what I gather, they are vault dwellers who are more expansionary.  It's definitely possible for Deon to give them robots, should he chose to do so.  Essentially, the robots would replace the dogs and cats.

RE: BoS- I have finished Fallout 1, in which there was only one settlement, so that's pretty accurate.

RE: Ghouls- Well, they are better adapted to the wasteland, but you're right.  They probably have a biome type that nobody or almost nobody has, so they don't have to compete with the other civs.  If they really had to compete with the other civs, I doubt they would win.

Yeah, BoS with limited area is intentional, they shouldn't have "countries" and such, they tend to stick to bunkers/settlements where they sit and researcg and save old technologies. So I'm pretty satisfied with the result because at first they've conquered half of the world.

Ghouls tend to live in badlands and lifeless deserts so they have small competition problems. However this is a thin line, if you give them a bit less freedom they tend to become extinct. Depends on the world.

I am still not sure about enclave. Maybe I should make them VD which live in evil areas thus limiting their spread and to give them evil "animals" robots. Or do the same with GOOD areas.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33