Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602890 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #2685 on: February 10, 2009, 01:36:32 am »

Captain's Log, 15th of Hematite, 1088.
Yesterday the goblins launched an assault against a team of highly trained champions. It seems they've run out of weapons since they largely sent wrestlers. Some of our commoners have been busy cleaning up the subsequent mess.
This coincided with the arrival of the human diplomat, whom Kodor promptly set about harassing for things like 'more wood' and 'more gold' and 'more silver'. We've been pushing to stabilise the economy here, recently, and this requires we mint a lot more coins of various denominations.

Today, for a change of pace, I decided to go for a wander around the old bath house, which has been empty of water for years.
On the floor I found Tobin Fallstar, the elven Swordmaster. He was laying there shaking, and moaned at me for food. I gave him half a crumpet.
I proceeded to discover that, since we don't typically stock Elven armour, he had been forced to train without any. This had subsequently resulted in having his lower back accidentally slashed open, with severe damage to his lower spine.

I gave him some sound advice about getting some elven armour, but I think he passed out from pain about halfway through. So I wrote it down on my notepad and pinned it to him.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:49:50 am by Captain Mayday »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 10, 2009, 01:51:02 am »

Poor thing. on the other hand,  ;D

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 10, 2009, 04:03:32 am »

Captain's Log. 1st of Malachite, 1088
Well... Flame seems to have come good, having made quite a disappointing piece of art, though we value it at 154800 coin.
I haven't personally seen it, but BurnedToast sent me a memo with a description.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: February 10, 2009, 09:33:59 am »

sigh, I wanted to see burnedtoast tantrum
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 10, 2009, 09:37:53 am »

sigh, I wanted to see burnedtoast tantrum

Man, no way was that ever going to happen. Dude is too stable.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:26 am »

Captain's Log, 8th of Limestone 1088
My brother and his wife were blessed by another child today, one they named Rigoth, meaning Craft.
In here I may be honest. He seems to be a lazy, stubborn little thing, who lacks patience on any level. I expect this to continue as he grows older.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 10, 2009, 10:22:42 am »

Mulch's Story, 11th of Limonite, 1088
Dear Diary,
Tonight I write my confessions here, as I fear mother and father would be overly displeased at my lack of restraint last night.
Last night, when the fortress lay in darkness and silence, my friends and I headed down, as deep as we could go, in search of the fabled Tomb of Ironblood, a grand creation that we had all heard our parents speak of but had never seen ourselves.

Eventually we found it. So high was the ceiling we could not see it. We struck a light, and still it was beyond our sight. Engravings on every floor, and upon every wall.
Great pillars reached upwards into the darkness.
In the center, a column rose, upon its top the sarcophagus would one day sit. I am told, however, that no sarcophagus had yet been to the mayor's liking.

My friends passed comment on the size of the place, and as a group, we began to explore. I wish we hadn't. We discovered, in the north-western corner, a well-crafted Deler Oddomsat rendition of a masterfully designed mountain, which is of course the symbol of The Great Picks, our local government.
What concerned us was not the image, but rather the fact that it was bleeding as though badly wounded.
Oddly, the pool of blood formed on the image itself, never dripping down the wall.

This was quite enough unnaturalness for one night, and we fled the image.

Today we have heard no word of any bloody image, so I can only presume that this was purely a night time event. I cannot help but feel that this is an ill omen.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 10, 2009, 11:28:47 am »

Captain's Log. 15th of Limestone, 1088
Today we were at long last revisited by our 'friends' the goblins.
It appears they must have reforged their shattered nation to some degree, as they decided to waste a couple of groups in an attack on us.

In many situations sending three groups would have been ample, however Fleabeard capably removed the better part of two squads from existence singlehandedly.
To the south, however, a gap in our defences left Killheart Burnfist alone against a squad of goblin crossbowmen.
He pitted himself between Mr Tk who was on her way to collect some items located outside the walls, and blocked a number of bolts that would have hit her.

Killheart charged, only to suddenly be overcome by the sun, and was then shot in the leg.
Stumbling backwards he made a hasty retreat, guiding the goblins towards our traps.
Their commanders were first over the line, whereupon their subordinates, demoralised at seeing their commanders shredded into goblin mince, beat a hasty retreat.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: February 10, 2009, 12:53:02 pm »

since the file no longer works in adventure mode anyway, do you reckon you can load up the map to the archive for us to check out ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: February 10, 2009, 03:35:57 pm »

That is a very ominous sign...  Still a shame adventure mode will not work with it. :(

By the way, how is the fishing industry coming along; is there a way to buy fish and breed them in pools?
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: February 10, 2009, 06:57:02 pm »

Shouldn't think so.

How backed up is the list for dwarves (and others), Captain?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: February 10, 2009, 08:01:22 pm »

its probably backed up far enough the captain has heard broken green glass.
thats never a good sign in relation to backing up.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: February 10, 2009, 10:13:55 pm »

That is a very ominous sign...  Still a shame adventure mode will not work with it. :(

By the way, how is the fishing industry coming along; is there a way to buy fish and breed them in pools?

Very quiet at the moment. Dwarves are otherwise busy with hauling tasks. Not even sure if there's fishing to be done at the moment.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: February 10, 2009, 10:23:36 pm »

Shouldn't think so.

How backed up is the list for dwarves (and others), Captain?

There's a few on the list:
Haika's smith
Sir Ongu (Nil for a dwarf)
Shikon the kobold (unlikely cos I can't remember when I last saw a kobold. Though he'll be just getting a dwarf. Though there's no way he's gonna be training animals, since all the dogs that come to Nist Akath are dead in cages.)
Qmarx's kobold thief, again unlikely.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:40:16 pm by Captain Mayday »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: February 10, 2009, 10:37:52 pm »

Captain's Log. 2nd of Sandstone, 1088.
BurnedToast advises me that we have a couple new faces joining us. Arriving, as usual, with the caravan, these dwarves are military smiths.

It also led to the retirement of another member of the caravan party, moving into our military ranks.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:56:03 pm by Captain Mayday »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 265