Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603318 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #2370 on: November 27, 2008, 09:54:16 pm »

What if we sticky the top 10 threads?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 28, 2008, 02:14:57 am »

I don't think that Nist should be stickied. It's important, but if we were to stickie every important thread there wouldn't BE a first page. Anyway, sense Legendary Stories was stickied, there will always be a link to Nist Akath on the top.

Be that as it may, Nist Akath is fairly unique in the forums, currently having more replies than any other thread except the original Future of the Fortress.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 28, 2008, 03:47:39 am »

Those are mostly bumps and people praising you. If it were stickied, we would only have people praising you.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2373 on: November 28, 2008, 05:20:24 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of stickying Legendary Stories is if the legendary stories are going to be stickied themselves.  Even if the story is unique now, there will likely be further sticky request for individual threads, and I don't currently have any satisfactory criteria for evaluating those requests.  Is there a reason why you aren't satisfied with the current situation now that the LS thread has been stickied?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 28, 2008, 05:56:58 am »

Nope, I just missed the legendary thread sticky (I have not looked at the board recently, I just check my new replies)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 28, 2008, 05:58:46 am »

I'm alright with whatever case. It's just the number of bumps this thread receives to keep it near the front page seems to be unique to this thread. The Legendary Stories thread seems sufficient to me, but I'm not the one bumping.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 29, 2008, 02:47:32 am »

Mind you, no matter what happens, this thread will continue to be bumped. Not sticking seems to be the best option, as LS does provide links, although it would never be needed here. We'll still be on the first 1 to 2 pages FOREVER!
MWAHAHAHA
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 29, 2008, 02:59:19 am »

We shall endure.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2378 on: November 29, 2008, 03:23:45 am »

I don't want to lock this thread, as there might be meaningful comments at some point, but please stop bumping it now that we have the stickied LS thread.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 29, 2008, 03:45:44 am »

Sure thing, it doesn't need to be one the first page anymore.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 29, 2008, 08:38:06 am »

but just as important as the legendary story in this thread are the legendary bumps
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: November 29, 2008, 02:32:46 pm »

but just as important as the legendary story in this thread are the legendary bumps
Nevertheless, bumps on Nist Akath must end.  They have become obsolete.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 29, 2008, 06:42:53 pm »

Unless they are important

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 29, 2008, 07:25:58 pm »

Oh.
My.
God.

My eyes.

I'm pretty sure they're tearing up because of how awe inspiring this tale is,  but that I just sat down and read, aside from a six hour sleep, straight through an afternoon and out at the next evening. My God, it's stupendous. Boatmurdered brought me here. I'm certain Nist Akath, Fear the Winter, will keep me here. I'm almost speechless. I am speechless. You've taken me from raucous laughter to jaw dropping eye-popping astonishment at how the dwarfs of your fortress are working their way through history, pruning the divine tree of things worshipped as gods. The only thing that hasn't been killed yet worthy of note are demons. I'm truly shocked at times by just how awesome this place, ToadyOne, and you, Captain Mayday, really are. You and other writers and players make the game what it is. I'm entirely, wholly, and completely enthralled. And though a part of me knows this story will eventually end, the victorious ones riding off into the sunset, a part of me wishes that it'll never end, and keep going, something new and exciting I can read forever.

I think we're all in your debt, Mayday, for the great story you've given us. And may I be the first to say this particular message:

Thank you. Thank you for your dedication, your talented playing, and your gifted writing ability. Thank you for allowing us to become a part of the story. Thank you for giving us something to read. Thank you for giving something to brighten up our days. And thank you for giving us something that we'll point to, smiling, and say "I was there. I was there when he wrote that. I remember my face reflected in the monitor as I saw The Captain kill a hydra, naked, hungover, poisoned, barehanded. And then proceed to kill those who presumed they could do this to Captain Olin Ironblood of Nist Akath- Outpost Leader, Warrior, Soldier, Mayor, Slayer of Titans, Killer of Hydras, Pulverizer of Colossi, and Annihilator of Dragons." We'll read parts of this to our friends, we'll bring others to DF, and we'll remember just how awesome you made DF and how much brighter our days got when we came home and read this. A smile for every reply in this thread. You've made those too.

And now I'm going to stop being a sentimental bitch, because I might tear up for a wholly different reason, but before I switch topics, I wish to say one thing. From one nerd to another:

My Captain, my King.

NOW THEN!

For everyone and no one who's interested, I've gotten a little something cooked up for those interested. Nist Akath- Fear The Winter. Here is some epic, and you can thank me for the legwork tracking down good copies of the songs, and Akama for suggesting the mix. Now you can listen to the lot of it freely whilst browsing the internets at leisure. Unless you hate all of that. That's cool too.

So awesome. Anything I say will be inadequate to describe what this is, but dammit did I try. Write on. Write on.
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 30, 2008, 05:59:52 am »

cough

in case nobody notices, this playlist is the exact copy of the nist-akath-soundtrack which I linked to almost a year ago
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 265