Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603252 times)

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #2385 on: November 30, 2008, 11:20:00 am »

... and you can thank me for the legwork tracking down good copies of the songs, and Akama for suggesting the mix. Now you can listen to the lot of it freely whilst browsing the internets at leisure. Unless you hate all of that. That's cool too.

I attributed you, and I praised you, and you're listed in the commentary for the playlist as the one who created the mix. I think that was your cue just to nod and wave to everyone, not point out it was made by you. I said I did the legwork tracking down the songs. I didn't say I decided on the songs. So, uh, was that what you were annoyed with me about? Or are you just pointing out that it was made by you? It's hard to tell what the cough was suggesting. Emotions don't travel so well over the internets.

And the playlist you linked to is dead. Which is why I made this new one. Barring the profile getting suspended, there's no reason it'll ever go away.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:19:42 pm by StrayCat »
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2386 on: November 30, 2008, 02:06:13 pm »

the songlist is interesting and the fact someone made it is an important thing to note and should have been more obviously stated but...
if the original link is dead for it then by all means updating is required.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 30, 2008, 02:50:43 pm »

And, the way he said it, made me think he found better quality versions of the songs. Like, clearer. And stuff..

I'll be going now.

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 30, 2008, 10:16:24 pm »

It was obviously stated if you actually read the post. Even tho mispelled, -Akroma- was pointing out "in case no one noticed" that he had made the list. Its not like the playlist is copyrighted or something...
He did a good job putting an online one together, not everyone wants to download the playlist.

What I'm getting at is why cant we just be thankful he took the time to do it.

Good job Stray, I think it was a cool idea.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: December 01, 2008, 12:47:00 am »

* StrayCat winces, noticing for the first time he misspelled Akroma's name.

My bad. But thanks for the list, and the versions here are pretty good, considering I've listened to all of them (and I'm listening to the Adagio right now before I go to sleep). I'm happy there's people here using this!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: December 02, 2008, 10:23:11 am »

Captain's Log, 25th of Hematite

It's been unusual adjusting to life under my brother's 'rule'. I've taken a break from my military routine to put some civilian affairs in order. For a long time BurnedToast has been hassling me about all the junk I leave lying everywhere, and he even cataloged it all for me, telling me that he'd be damned if he was going to go play maid for me.
It's been something of an orienteering exercise, rather enjoyable. Even if all I do get out of it is some aged items of clothing, socks and pants and the like.

Today also marks the end of Kodor's meetings with the human diplomat, and from what I hear, it went very well indeed.

Down below, in the bowels of the fortress, work nears completion of the grand tomb design. Kodor did wonder why I needed such a grand tomb, to which I stated it was more a monument to the greatness of Nist Akath than to myself. Although he clearly suspected me of lying in this regard. To be honest, I too suspect me of lying.

Finally, I managed to have an official meeting with BurnedToast, immediately following my re-election. It's the first such meeting I've arranged since... I can't even remember our last such meeting. As soon as he arrived I voted to adjourn to lunch. As I didn't allow him a vote, we headed off for some food and drink.

By the time I'd finished all my errands, several days had passed and he was unimpressed. Not wanting to listen to his insane rant about schedules, I left the meeting there, and went and fetched a shoe I'd just 'added' to the list of the items I owned which had been strewn about the fortress. Highly important official business. I claim the time under my asset consolidation plan.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: December 02, 2008, 05:55:04 pm »

OH MY GOD ITS A SKELK UPDATE!
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: December 02, 2008, 11:29:17 pm »

Down below, in the bowels of the fortress, work nears completion of the grand tomb design. Kodor did wonder why I needed such a grand tomb, to which I stated it was more a monument to the greatness of Nist Akath than to myself. Although he clearly suspected me of lying in this regard. To be honest, I too suspect me of lying.

I lol'd at that and everything afterwards.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: December 03, 2008, 01:02:15 am »

Captain's Log. 1st of Galena.

I sat down with my brother today to discuss the lack of immigration. He revealed to me was that Nist Akath had become a place to fear. Many considered any effort to even travel here to be indicative of some sort of mental disorder.
It appears my fortress has a reputation for being a cursed death-trap.

Unfortunately, given that this reputation is founded in fact, there's not much we can do to fix this. On the other hand, this does explain all the brave warriors coming here. They must be considering it as the greatest challenge in the world to survive here, and come here to test their mettle.

In all honesty, it's nowhere near as bad as it once was. Sure, a Skelk got another Fairsabres baby last week, but they have so many children now they barely noticed. The Skelk sure didn't last long either, by all accounts.

Muno syoan

• Bay Watcher
  • Victory dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: December 03, 2008, 05:14:08 am »

'Sure, a fourteen foot tall skeletal elk ate a baby last week, but that's not something to go and get all overought about! Right? Right? Anybody?'

God, this story is awesome.
The use of violence is justified only under a tyranny which makes reforms without violence impossible, and should have only one aim, that is, to bring about a state of affairs which makes reforms without violence possible.
-- Karl Popper, The Open Society

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: December 03, 2008, 06:02:39 am »

Just a posting of some more community members who arrived with the Caravan.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:48:01 am by Captain Mayday »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: December 03, 2008, 06:05:24 am »

a whole new way of keeping this bumped: through regular updates

it such a shame all the cheating made this save file impossible to be played in adventure mode...I wanted to visit my grave so badly...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: December 03, 2008, 06:08:04 am »

a whole new way of keeping this bumped: through regular updates

it such a shame all the cheating made this save file impossible to be played in adventure mode...I wanted to visit my grave so badly...

Not entirely certain it's the cheating. Might have something to do with the vast amount of crap that needs to be offloaded.

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: December 03, 2008, 06:20:38 am »

I know you've got a queue, but whenever you can squeeze him in...

Name: "Snusum Kutsmob" With the quotes
Job: Macedwarf/crossbowman, prefers those two weapons

Doesn't talk much about his past, though tends to have a thing for hitting goblins harder than most dwarfs, or taking a bit more delight in shooting them than is healthy. Old adventurer of mine, great guy. Let's see how he does!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: December 03, 2008, 06:24:18 am »

I know you've got a queue, but whenever you can squeeze him in...

Name: "Snusum Kutsmob" With the quotes
Job: Macedwarf/crossbowman, prefers those two weapons

Doesn't talk much about his past, though tends to have a thing for hitting goblins harder than most dwarfs, or taking a bit more delight in shooting them than is healthy. Old adventurer of mine, great guy. Let's see how he does!

Not that big a queue. Had you already asked for that, prior to my recruiting, you'd have him now. :|
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 265