Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603384 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Blood and Bones.
« Reply #3870 on: March 22, 2010, 04:46:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: March 22, 2010, 04:51:35 pm »

I get a consistent 15 FPS, how about you guys?

I was talking to Mayday yesterday and he said the FPS on the save game he uploaded isn't actually that bad

It went up after people got killed

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: March 22, 2010, 05:00:04 pm »

Good lord, I laughed when I saw the dark god being listed as "another kill" on the Captains' list of victims.

"I've slaughtered goblin hordes. Many times, all on my own even. Not even their crossbows could stop me. I saw the marksgoblin who shot me in the spleen, he was terrified when I shrugged off that little toothpick o' iron of his."
"Quite impressive. I heard you have slain many other beasts of pure evil, too."
"Oh, now that you say it. Some dark god came by and wanted to cause trouble."
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: March 22, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »

Remember to listen to your favourite battle song while watching the movie.  ;)

Personally I had Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries in the background. Though meaybe I should have had DF running to provide the music...
Myself jumped right to Dancing Mad

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #3874 on: March 22, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

Remember to listen to your favourite battle song while watching the movie.  ;)

Personally I had Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries in the background. Though meaybe I should have had DF running to provide the music...
Myself jumped right to Dancing Mad
Haha, classic! :D
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 22, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »

So what is happening with the 'Super Tomb' build for Ironblood? Not that he'll ever need it, but was it ever completed?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:57 pm »

Now, I welcome questions and artwork.

Were you using Dwarf Companion to convert dead dwarves into enemies, or did you manage to code something into the RAWs?

Never dead dwarves. In fact the Xotes you saw there was actually made from a goblin. This is because using dead dwarves creates an interesting recurrence of the Civil War bug.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 22, 2010, 09:05:40 pm »

...The civil war bug...in Nist Akath...

That would be something to see, megachampions fighting megachampions, within the epic halls of Nist Akath.   Of course we all know that Ironblood would turn them all into smears if any decided to attack him.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:18 am »

Actually most of the megachampions are in fact several orders stronger than Ironblood ever was, due to the fact they did nothing but train constantly for decades

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: March 23, 2010, 11:57:55 am »

Good lord, I laughed when I saw the dark god being listed as "another kill" on the Captains' list of victims.

"I've slaughtered goblin hordes. Many times, all on my own even. Not even their crossbows could stop me. I saw the marksgoblin who shot me in the spleen, he was terrified when I shrugged off that little toothpick o' iron of his."
"Quite impressive. I heard you have slain many other beasts of pure evil, too."
"Oh, now that you say it. Some dark god came by and wanted to cause trouble."
Nist Akath has to be the only place ever where killing a dark god is just another kill.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #3880 on: March 23, 2010, 02:52:13 pm »

Hold on... I need to stop frothing at the mouth in GLEE....

Alright... wait.. no... there it is again....

Okay, now I'm done.
Maybe.

Captain, I've been along for the ride for a good bit of time, and I must say, I rank this as one of the best stories I've ever read. Of course the literary content is lacking when you compare it to full length novels, but the fact that it's told so fluently and engagingly in and through a game makes up for it. Honestly, this should be composed into a book and listed as the Dwarven equivalent of all the Greek epics, telling tales of their heroes.

I also have an idea for artwork that some artist might like to render. A picture of Captain Ironblood standing on top of a huge mass of those he has slain (starting off with skelk remains, goblins, and moving up to megabeasts), with Xotes laying mangled on the side, dripping blood down the Skeleton mound. Atop the mound is a throne made of other such remains with the initials "C.I." engraved into it. Captain Ironblood stands in front of the throne, holds his axe to his side and glares down at the Soulsmith, who is already missing his legs, hands, and eyes, who can do nothing but kneel in hopelessness at the base of the slaughtered, with the caption above, "In what reality did you think you could ever defeat Captain Ironblood?"
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: March 23, 2010, 08:02:32 pm »

Is there a log somewhere with all the updates on one big page? If so, I'd like to find a color printer and make myself a book.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: March 23, 2010, 08:36:57 pm »

And let us not forget the cabinet, which for years denatured the raw magnicite ore that Xotes had been passing off as crumpets in hopes of poisoning Ironblood.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: March 24, 2010, 12:05:19 am »

Excellent end to the tale. Pulled me into DF to begin with; so I'm a bid sad to see it go.

I commend you for being one of the two stories that got me to sign up for an account here.  You, and what I hope will be just as epic as this, "FlameBanners."  While i'm content to have the ending revealed, i'm also sad to see it go.  You have improved as a writer as you went, weaving the amazing story of Captain Ironblood and sadly, the death of nagash...who if someone writes fan fiction regarding Ironbloods eventual defeat of Armok...(hint hint to a better writer than I,)  should totally come back as a demi god raised by the new god of blood.  I end with this.

BLOOD FOR THE IRONBLOOD GOD!

That's an intresting idea, but I feel that it would probably be better to leave it on an ambigous note myself. Not up to me of course; but just my opinion.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: March 24, 2010, 06:29:55 am »

Well, that ended suddenly. I suppose it had to. Thanks for the story, Captain.
They started to collide~
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 265