Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 385106 times)

Xofrevlis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
Re: Migrursut: Of Glass and Steel (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1215 on: November 02, 2008, 05:38:16 am »

Wow, I was wondering this entire time how you'd use that. Well, up untill Aryn mentioned a project a few pages ago.

...In any case your writing continues to be awesome Heavy Flak.  :)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 02, 2008, 06:21:13 am »

Indeed. Fantastic stuff. Does this mean that the fortress will be moving? Or will the world (or at least the local area) get flooded?

I'm guessing this is the reason that Aryn's had everyone digging an enormous hole in the landscape - but will it be big and deep enough for Howard's grand designs?

Oh yes. One other thing:

DOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYS!

Beautiful little scene. Sod the armour, I want to win the donkeys.

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 02, 2008, 08:11:05 am »

OOC: Did anyone else think of Bioshock when they read the word "utopia" and saw that picture? Especially given how Aryn's dwarven expedition has gone so far...  :D

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 02, 2008, 09:23:58 am »

End of chapter OOC Stuff:

I want to start this off with one huge shout-out to Xofrevlis, for the fantastic picture he did for me.  I approached him at the beginning of august in the hopes of getting a special picture done for you all for the end of the chapter.  I had to be vague in what I wanted, but even with my crappy description the work he produced was spot on, and really awesome.  So, Xofrevlis, thanks again, for helping make the end of this chapter extra great.

This grand project, believe it or not, has been planned since the very first post.  I've actually been dropping hints about it throughout the entire story, incredibly vague ones.  Vactor seems to have a pretty sharp eye for things, and actually pointed it out as far back as here, along with a PM he sent me about a biodome. 

This won't be a new game world, and this is actually part of why I was so distraught about Toady making the new versions break save compatibility.  But, hey - there's a pretty good chance I'll be finished with this story before he releases the new version ;) 

Lemnx brought up a good point in his ego-buffing complaint about having to read this whole thing.  There's a lot of text to slog through, and that's a particularly daunting task.  Maybe I should write up an abridged version...

Pwnzerfaust: You're on the list, for whatever good that does you.  With no deaths this season, a huge (HUGE) profit for the Dwarven Traders, and a population of 136 out of 600 (teehee, we're such a small community!) I should be able to trick this stupid game into sending me more immigrants. 

Jools: That scene was inspired by a conversation I had with my cube-neighbor at work, who's a PhD in mathematics and computer science.  I'd heard of this probabality problem Monty Hall and did NOT believe that the probability of winning the real prize was 2/3rds instead of 1/2 if you switch after a door has been opened.  It took him a half an hour to get it through my thick head, and I'll be damned if he wasn't right.  Knowing the probability, Jools would do all he could to win those majestic animals :D

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 02, 2008, 10:16:28 pm »

If there are no migrants soon, very mad I shall be.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 03, 2008, 12:19:05 am »

I second Eita
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 03, 2008, 12:58:32 am »

I hope we get a cryptogram too; I seem to have withdrawn from society with some ideas  ;)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 03, 2008, 12:30:04 pm »

Anyone itching for more cryptogram stuff might want to check this thread out.  I should mention two things:  One, I'm suspect it is anything other than a cool sign hanging on a guys wall.  Two, if it is something, you're in for a challenge because you're given even less to work with than I normally give you all. 

The first person to make that into something resembling a sensible answer, I'll give you a "small" story request.  Make of that what you will :)

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1223 on: November 04, 2008, 08:37:34 am »

And I survive another chapter!  Huzzah's all around!

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:02 pm »

Yeah, but you got your arse kicked by a girl. In the world of Stravitch FillWhip, that's got to hurt one hell of a lot.

;-P

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 04, 2008, 03:54:42 pm »

I like to think of it like this.  I'm sure being the old, grizzled thing Stravitch is, what happens behind the closed iron doors of his bedroom (see Dodik's) much more freaky things have happened.  What's a cigarette burn or a pierced lung, eh?  All in good fun!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 04, 2008, 04:57:46 pm »

Whats hurting him more is that a green in the military saved him! Once again, Zako is great!!  ;D

Looking forward to the new chapter!

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 04, 2008, 05:44:39 pm »

I like the new title.

"Goodness is a choice". I'd like to propose an extension to it: "Goodness is a choice. Donkeys are a necessity"

Maybe just in the small print somewhere.

;-P

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice, Donkeys are a Necessity (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1228 on: November 04, 2008, 07:44:07 pm »

Wow, really? That is just awesome! I too, live! Yay for Ricemastah, and Lucy

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice, Donkeys are a Necessity (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1229 on: November 04, 2008, 09:21:09 pm »

The events of the 6th of Sandstone, 1066

"Now c'mon, you bastards.  Step up?  Who wants t'take another round, eh?" 

Glacies laughed heartily, the chains around his neck clanking loudly.  The merchants were distraught as they stood in front of him, staring at the three boxes he had laid out.  A suit of armor, encrusted in jewels stood behind him.  So did a couple stew horses, a whole bushel of roast cats, an entire barrel of arrows, and bags full of gems.  Vash slowed down when he saw the crowd, and sauntered over.

One of the merchants pointed to a box, and Glacies reached his hand in, pulling out a small silver coin.  He grinned, and slapped it on the table - "Even money says the other coin in the box is silver, too."
"You're on."
Reaching in, Glacies pulled out his hand, and slowly opened - showing off the small chunk of silver. 
"What are you playing?" Vash asked overtop the cursing merchant.
"Bertrand's Box," The book keep said.
"And...why do you call it that?"
"Because these are Bertrand's boxes.  I stole them.  From his room."

Vash just stared at him in shock.  Glacies clacked his rings together in response.  "Who's next?"

There was the sound of an explosion, and Vash dove to the ground, a reaction he picked up from working down in the furnaces.  A cry was heard, "MOOONNNSTER!  MONSTER!" and Dwarves began to sprint towards the stairs.  Aryn, talking with Crowpages, turned and started sprinting towards the wall, grabbing Snake by the arm. 

"Get underground!  Get Sulari" Aryn bellowed, "Snake!  Come with me!" 
The pair hit the stairs in the guard tower, sprinting to the second level.  Safe behind the walls, Aryn and Snake peered out the arrow slits.  Duke Bomrek was laying on the ground unconscious, a large slab of stone by his head.  Beside him, the monster loomed, casting a shadow over his body.

Snake stifled a laugh, turning away to hide himself from Aryn's death gaze.  He turned to the railing and looked down into the courtyard, his bellows echoing off the stones, "JOOOOOOOLSSSSS!"
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 189