Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 385109 times)

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1230 on: November 04, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »

OH GOD THE DRAGON
DID YOU SEE THAT DRAGON?!
WHERE IS STRAVITCH!!!

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 05, 2008, 12:39:23 am »

That's a donkey...
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 05, 2008, 09:28:03 am »

Gnah just looks like a building to me! What am I missing? :-)
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 05, 2008, 09:47:16 am »

Flar Moonchill, may I direct you to...

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Donkey

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 05, 2008, 10:10:12 am »

Could some kind person spell out for me what, exactly, is the underlying reference that this story makes?  I'm really curious.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59:42 pm »

They're both capital D's...cut me some slack  :(

But now we have a giant dragon ass made of stone, just sitting outside...  ::)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 05, 2008, 11:56:55 pm »

Of course, since one could differentiate the donkey from the fake donkey, the chance Jools is standing at the door with the armor reduces to 50% again.  It would only be 33% if the two donkeys were indistinguishable, or at very least, if Jools did not know that only one of them was fake.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 06, 2008, 03:33:28 am »

Ahhhh Im a moron! Not used to seeing ACSII characters in 3D form! My mind couldn't cope! Thanks!
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 06, 2008, 04:07:20 am »

Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Still haven't stopped laughing.

Beware Donkey Sanctuary owners when they come bearing gifts. ;-D

Don't have time at the moment to write up a proper journal entry but I'll definitely have to fit one in later.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 06, 2008, 08:36:23 am »

Of course, since one could differentiate the donkey from the fake donkey, the chance Jools is standing at the door with the armor reduces to 50% again.  It would only be 33% if the two donkeys were indistinguishable, or at very least, if Jools did not know that only one of them was fake.

I'm not exactly sure that's right.  You're assuming that Jool's wouldn't want both the real donkey and fake donkey - that's just not the case!  Think of it as The Armor (33.3%) and Not The Armor (66.6%).  It should still be the same ratio of 2/3rd's correctness if he switches, and the same if he stays. 

Anyone (Vactor, I'm looking at you) want to pop in and explain the underlying theme to Kuli?  If no one does, I'll just send him a PM since he asked first, and leave the rest of you to sort it out on your own.  :D

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 06, 2008, 07:43:02 pm »

Great story, Flak! The only problem is that the eighty three pages of awesome with which it menaces have caused me to neglect my own dwarves for several days.

Anywho, I'd like to request a dwarf child. Grov if male, Iruanna if female. Preferably the offspring of a military mother. Due to being used once too often as a bludgeoning weapon, Grov is... not quite right. The other children refer to him as "The Yardstick of Thickness," while some of the older dwarves joke that he is Woundletters reincarnated. Think 'Sloth' Fratelli.

If possible, I'd like the actual in-game dwarf not to have permanent brain or spine damage.

Incidentally, one of my dwarf children was (red wound) bitten in the head by skeletal horses early in life. Her random surname? Plankslapped. I imagine the horse can't have hurt her looks too much.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 06, 2008, 09:14:21 pm »

The events of the 19th of Sandstone, 1066

Valania's amorous engravings and cold, dead eyes had finally creeped Rice out enough for one day.  He dodged through the crowds and made his way topside, breathing a bit easier as he took in breaths of fresh air.  He got a stare from Likot and Sergeant Pepper as they stood at the cliffs edge talking, and not one to be rude, he gave a little wave in their direction.  Sergeant Pepper gave him a high wave back, and Rice had to smile just a little, giving a quick nod of his head. 

He turned towards the shout that came from the southern gate.  "Hoy!  Bricklayer!  I need to talk to you."
"Yes, Miss Rinsesilver?"

The Fisherdwarf stopped in front of him, giving a slow tug to the sleeve of her masterfully tailored suit.  A small movement of her head, and there was a solid crack of her neck, followed by a little adjustment to her collar.  "You're in luck, Rice Relicmastered, we have work for you.  It seems there was a... large barrel of gems that turned up.  A mystery, but we've made sure they've been put to good use.  We - as a group - need more able-bodies laying bricks at construction site atop Dodik's.  She's agreed that to hurry this... venture along, we'll need to open up to independent contractors.  When can we expect your team?"

"Ma'am, I..." Rice coughed into his closed fist, lowering his eyes.  "My group is actually currently busy, we have a few projects already, the most important - and longest running - on the list is finishing the retaining wall around the quar-, err, around the new lake, and second is-"
"RICE!"

Rice jumped, while Rinsesilver swiveled her head with a bored expression.  Yellowbolted entered from the eastern gate, red faced and wide eyed.  He rushed over, out of breath, glancing over his shoulder, "What the hell are you doing?  Where are your men?  Why aren't they at The Captain's construction site?"
"Because we're working on the retaining wall!" Rice responded, exasperated.
"Oh, no, no no... please, send at least a pair of masons!  Stravitch is about to wake up, and he'll come out here first thing."
"No he won't," Rice said, frowning.
"I believe Master Bricklayer is correct," Rinsesilver said, "He'll probably drink some rum, eat some hardboiled eggs, drink a little more rum..."
"Take a nap, maybe eat some cat roast, have some beer, then come out," Rice finished for her.  "It's not even two yet, I doubt he's stirred."

Yellowbolted closed his eyes, lips pulling back over his teeth in a grimmace.  "He'll show up whenever the hell he wants, and I need workers there or he's going to break some of my ribs.  If you don't give me workers, Rice, you're taking the lives of everyone at that construction site in your hands."
"Man, don't say that..."
"Their lives are in YOUR hands, Rice."

"HEEEEY YOU GUYYS!" 

The trio turned towards the happy child running their way, waving his hands above his head.  Rice beamed a wide smile, stumbling as Grov tackled him about the middle, giving him a big hug.  Chuckling, he ruffled the child's hair, and asked, "What are you doing out here, kiddo?"
"Goin' to feed the leopard!"
"...Uhhh, no.  I'll tell you what, why don't we go find your pappa, and then we'll go talk to Nice Master Jools and maybe he'll let you help sometime."
"Okay!
"C'mon, let's go."

"You're making a BIG mistake, Mister Relicmastered," warned Rinsesilver.
"Oh, no, please, you're making a BIG mistake Rice," pleaded Vatek.

OOC Stuff:  This is how I pictured Jools when he opened that cabinet :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Groveller gets in through a high mixture of flattery and making an unorthodox character request.  Well played!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:43:08 am by Heavy Flak »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:32 pm »

Alrighty

Here you go Kuli:

!!WARNING DO NOT READ OUT OF ORDER!!
i tried to make them nested, but it didn't let me...

Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 07, 2008, 08:33:45 am »

Uhh, hey, I just realized I spelled the name of the dude I wanted wrong... Typo thing, you understand. Mikad is the name I want, not uh, Mikaf, was it? ...yeah. Anyway, that's all, carry on...
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 07, 2008, 09:00:26 am »

Thanks, Vactor.  I thought it might be something like that, but I wanted to be sure.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 189