Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78865 times)

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!
« Reply #435 on: October 06, 2009, 02:26:33 am »

So are there any graphics packs / mods / sets out that add custom graphics for all the races yet? I've been trying to add some of the custom ones from Chariot (using the LL pack made as well) but would like to get something for the Avari etc that don't have one.

Any one already done that or could possibly help?

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #436 on: October 09, 2009, 09:04:56 pm »

So...

How exactly am I supposed to fend off a Horrific Shadow?

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2009, 12:38:35 am »

*Hands a flashlight* Warning this requires about 30 windmills to power, But It should be sufficient to not only clear your fort of shadows but give everyone imediate cave sickness.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2009, 06:53:50 am »

So...

How exactly am I supposed to fend off a Horrific Shadow?

Axes. Lots of Axes. And swords.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2009, 08:25:11 am »

Uh-oh!   :o

Better seal my entrance until I strike enough components to turn my wrestlers into axechampions.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2009, 11:41:32 am »

Well, too late.  :(

Despite a sealed entrance and absolutely no physical way into the fort, the shadow somehow appeared right in my dining hall, at the core of the structure.  With me having only a single woodcutter and an axe for the entire fort, the beast pretty much went to town, taking on a dozen champion wrestlers simultaneously and killing them all in one blow.  The woodcutter, freshly drafted, made a futile attempt, but the shadow thought of him, and that was enough to kill the poor bastard.

The resulting last-ditch 52-men zegrush did not help things...

But, in a twist of events, we manage to corner the shadow near the penitenciary and a fierce battle ensues!

One of the guards, fresh from casually beating a criminal and in a completely sour mood, jumps into the fight to vent his anger.  His pet sheep joins the fray, biting and kicking and baaaaaaah-ing menacingly at the shadow, which appears to be slowly losing its shape and energy!  One of the wrestlers ceases to care and runs off into the mayor's room to sleep.  We manage to tear the form, limb by limb, tentacle by tentacle, the stronghold somehow bolstered by its mass PMS.

Finally, we vanquish the foul creature...

But at what cost!!

The great warrior is none other than Kulet Kuletotil, a mild-mannered engraveress, who is so nonchalant about her kill that she doesn't even bother to give herself a title.  In fact, she proceeds right away to clean up the mess, grabbing rag, bucket and soap, and scrubbing the floor silly.  Recovering from the fact that she somehow escaped with nary a scratch on her body (her baby having apparently been used as meatshield during the fray) I nudge her on the shoulder and inform her that she's earned a special place in the legends of this fort:

The fort, from its population of almost ninety souls, has been reduced to a paltry ten adults, nine children, and three guards.  We have three wounded and one crazy miner, leaving us with six capable workers.  The mayor is dead.  The captain of the guard is dead.  The dungeon master is dead.  Bodies litter the floor everywhere and begin rotting away.  Not a single tomb has been made yet.  The outlook is grim.  Very grim.  The expedition leader has gone stark raving mad and has run outside in defiance of the curfew.  Everyone else is very unhappy, and the emotions are due to explode at any moment.

Resigned to our fates, we begin carving out a tomb and some coffins.  If anything, we'll give our bretheren a respectable burial before we too, join them to this inevitable fate.

But we vanquished the shadow.

WE VANQUISHED THE HORRIFIC SHADOW

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Bonus picture: the fort has been renamed to Prypiat, since it has gained its own Zone of Alienation.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:48:48 am by Shurikane »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 10, 2009, 06:36:11 pm »

The elves sending a liaison is simply because in vanilla, world gen or something like that prevents the liaison from surviving or being appointed, while in LL probably the extra races prompt the elves to either appoint a new liaison or keep their old one alive during world gen. It is possible for elven liaisons to arrive in vanilla though.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2009, 10:10:31 pm »

Despite a sealed entrance and absolutely no physical way into the fort, the shadow somehow appeared right in my dining hall, at the core of the structure. 

The mistake here was thinking that a closed door could keep out a creature that doesn't actually have a tangible form.

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 15, 2009, 04:48:51 pm »

I recently installed legendary lands, but the graphics set isn´t working. I´m using mayday´s one. Any sugestion? Thanks.

EDIT: Let me explain a little better. Is there a way to represent the new race, animals, etc? Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:15:50 pm by Dotto »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 15, 2009, 05:28:59 pm »

Despite a sealed entrance and absolutely no physical way into the fort, the shadow somehow appeared right in my dining hall, at the core of the structure. 

The mistake here was thinking that a closed door could keep out a creature that doesn't actually have a tangible form.
And how did Mayday pull that trick off?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2009, 03:23:36 am »

Well okay I was talking in terms of idea and not so much execution.

Amend it to 'that's what you get for thinking a door will keep out a creature that can fly, trap avoid and pick locks'

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2009, 08:23:46 am »

Oh.  Dang.  That woudl have been awesome.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2009, 11:09:24 am »

Let's play How Far Can A Steel Colossus Throw A Champion In Full Chain Mail!   ;D

Behold, the 100+ tile throw complete with MIDAIR SELF-DESTRUCTION

Casualties were surprizingly low, numbering at nine out of 98 dwarves - unlike the horrific shadow, which took down almost the entire fort, be it directly or indirectly.

The champion who laid the final blow has been elevated to the rank of Gladiator.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »

That's a pretty impressive throw.

No idea what Mayday is going to do about steel colossi next version. I mean if a bronze colossi is invincible, a steel colossi is going to be even worse.

You couldn't even kill it with magma.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2009, 05:55:48 pm »

Cave in might work.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32