Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78855 times)

Vertigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Legendary Lands 1.11e and graphics pack
« Reply #450 on: October 19, 2009, 01:14:10 pm »

Original problem pretty much solved itself (mod was not working at all) now I'm just looking for a way to get the graphics pack from chariot (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1238) running.
I extraced the .zip file to raw\graphics but the game still looks the same. I haven't touched my ini file (well I set graphics to yes since it didn't have any effect I changed it back to NO) and I don't really know what to to.
HALP
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:32:35 pm by Vertigo »

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!
« Reply #451 on: October 20, 2009, 04:17:54 pm »

Donīt know if this is a bug or if Iīm specially lucky, but I have ended with some absurdly priced items, like a leather hood worth more than 2.000.000 dwarf bucks (in fact, 2.901.852), or a silk left glove for D$ 170.000, from a dead thieves. This items seem to have been modified by my jewler with morion and indigo tourmaline, but donīt think they would end up with such a value. There are some inconsistences even in these prices, since the right glove have a higher base value, has the sign in the item stating a better encrust and is worth less. Thanks in advance.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2009, 05:59:58 pm »

I've encountered a strange one too: dwarves have stopped refilling on bolts, and the Avar are sometimes completely passive.

Right now I've got an Avar ambush squad flying a Z-level or two above, and none of them wants to get down to meet my wrestlers.  Furthermore, despite my crossbowdwarves having plenty of crossbows and bolts to choose from in the stockpiles, they've ceased to practice or even carry bolts for some time now.  Thus, endless statlemate.

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:04 pm »

Iīve got a similar problem too... some hobgoblims couldnīt climb up the hill, so I had to go down to the botton to get rid of them.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2009, 08:47:48 pm »

Shurikane, the Avar thing is a bug with flying mounts, simply take the flying tag off of their mounts and problem solved.
As for the crossbow problem, are these dwarves near the Avar? if they are, have you turned them to "Squad Stays Close to Station"? if not, do that, that should force them to go back to base to grab stuff.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:53 pm »

The avar are not mounted, and whether or now I bring the dorfs close to them or enable Remain on Station, they don't ever pick up bolts.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2009, 10:47:12 pm »

The avar are not mounted, and whether or now I bring the dorfs close to them or enable Remain on Station, they don't ever pick up bolts.
Hmm, well try changing it so they can't fly, it may just be a bug with flying anythings in general.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 22, 2009, 12:10:46 am »

Yeah, Toady hasn't got proper flying pathfinding in, so sometimes it bugs out. Try disabling their flying, then loading the save. They should all plunge groundwards.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2009, 12:52:59 am »

Here's another one:

After a frost dragon carnage, I manage to seal the megabeast away in a room - where no harm will come to it, and it won't be able to harm anybody.

Now here's the problem: two dwarves, despite not being even remotely in line of sight of the dragon, have been laying unconscious for a year now, never getting hungry or thirsty, but spamming a rest interruption due to the dragon, at a frighteningly quick rate.  Enough to make my FPS plummet from 40 to 10.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 25, 2009, 09:44:01 am »

Hm, try removing its flight. Tell me what happens.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 26, 2009, 07:28:15 pm »

I'll test it out after I get another dragon.   ;D

For the record, as soon as the dragon died, five dwarves simultaneously and instantly bled to death.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 26, 2009, 08:17:28 pm »

Known DF bug, that.  If a dwarf is injured to the point of unconciousness, and the thing that does it to the dwarf doesn't die, the dwarf will spam 'rest interrupted' messages until the wrongdoer dies.  The bleeding to death was probably a coincidence.  But still funny, in a five-dwarves-died-at-once sort of way.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 26, 2009, 09:59:51 pm »

Hrmph. I'm getting random crashes from the version linked in the first post (1.11e). I assume it's from thieves or invaders with bugged items, but it's rather hard to tell given how uninformative DF is about crashes. The errorlog just has pathing errors for the creatures in my underground river.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 26, 2009, 11:26:36 pm »

I'll test it out after I get another dragon.   ;D

For the record, as soon as the dragon died, five dwarves simultaneously and instantly bled to death.

Dwarf cancels Bleed to Death: Interrupted by Dragon
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 01, 2009, 06:27:36 am »

I just made the greatest LL artifact ever.

BEHOLD!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32