Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78924 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11b 10-APRIL Read first post!
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2009, 01:13:52 am »

I just released a version where those tags aren't included, and I've removed the dyes from Nagash's plants. I'm at something of a loss....
Was it an evil region?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Bodkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Hoondat Report
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2009, 02:41:04 pm »

Thanks!  I'll give it a try.  Unfortunately that old save is gone, so I can't test on that directly. (I accidentally reloaded it, then stupidly abandoned the fortress.)  It wasn't an evil region; I don't have the guts to try that in LL yet.  Maybe it was the thing with the plants, which I hadn't removed.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the new version, so maybe that will help me.

One other thing: this is probably a noob question, but if I'm at war with the Elves, they wouldn't ordinarily send a trade liaison to negotiate trade agreements with me, would they?  Is that the expected behavior?  When the guy showed up, he stood at the edge of the map for a very long time, the way sieges behave (but without the siege message).  Then he came in and asked what my dwarves require of his merchants.  (this is not from the save that I initially asked about.)
I have so far executed three dwarves by means of impalement ... for bringing cats into my fortress.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »

Thanks!  I'll give it a try.  Unfortunately that old save is gone, so I can't test on that directly. (I accidentally reloaded it, then stupidly abandoned the fortress.)  It wasn't an evil region; I don't have the guts to try that in LL yet.  Maybe it was the thing with the plants, which I hadn't removed.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the new version, so maybe that will help me.

One other thing: this is probably a noob question, but if I'm at war with the Elves, they wouldn't ordinarily send a trade liaison to negotiate trade agreements with me, would they?  Is that the expected behavior?  When the guy showed up, he stood at the edge of the map for a very long time, the way sieges behave (but without the siege message).  Then he came in and asked what my dwarves require of his merchants.  (this is not from the save that I initially asked about.)

Hm, I have no idea.... I've not been at war with Elves for a long long time.

Autodaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 15, 2009, 09:58:18 am »

Hi there,
I do not know if it is problem with my instalation of this mod (I have followed the instructions in readme) or something else, but my Dwarf Fortress crashes when I make toys (any toys).

I have used version 40d9 and mod 1.11.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 15, 2009, 11:16:43 am »

Huh.... found the problem. My bad.

"item_toy" is at the top of the 'item_craft_toy.txt' file.
Just change the names to be the same. In whichever order.

Autodaf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2009, 03:04:57 am »

Thanks, it worked. What is even better I have no problems with stability of DF after that modification. I'm in 6th  year caravans coming and going without problems. The only other thing that I removed was mill things from maiden hair or whatever the name  was.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 07, 2009, 01:25:38 pm »

Hey,

I've had no sieges so far. It seems I'm at peace with all the Civs around me. So how can I get the to start a  war with me?

And I assume for future I embark in worse places  :P

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:48 pm »

I seem to have found a problem. Whenever a created civilisation attempts to trade with me in DF mode something goes horribly awry. When the Hobgoblins came in Autumn of the first year (Instead of Dwarves) I had a Trade Depot set up. But they took no notice, they walked from room to room in my fortress and destroyed everything. They entered a room, lingered for about 15 seconds, then I got a message that something was destroyed. They then moved on and destroyed something else. I abandoned there and then.

Then, more recently, the Avars came instead of Dwarves on the first Autumn. They reach the trade depot and set up, but barely 10 seconds after DF crashes.

Is there any fix for this?
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2009, 12:19:01 am »

Then, more recently, the Avars came instead of Dwarves on the first Autumn. They reach the trade depot and set up, but barely 10 seconds after DF crashes.

Is there any fix for this?

There is probably some item that is being spawned that really shouldn't exist.  Make sure there aren't any obvious problems(like having a different file name at the top of a file than what the file is actually named).  That is probably when the dwarves are showing up to trade and one of them is wearing a crash causing sock.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

sgtalex86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2009, 10:34:33 am »

could use some details about new metals like rubidine... what can i do with it? it uses 2 gems and bar of platinum but has less value (245 vs 250) not to mention the gems so is there some point making it?
ps. love the action so far all kinds of buggers r trying to steal me wooden bolts lol.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2009, 02:25:06 am »

could use some details about new metals like rubidine... what can i do with it? it uses 2 gems and bar of platinum but has less value (245 vs 250) not to mention the gems so is there some point making it?
ps. love the action so far all kinds of buggers r trying to steal me wooden bolts lol.

Yeah, that would be a mistake.

Edit: Checked again. It actually costs 470 in materials, and makes 2 bars.
Half of 470 is 235, so there's actually a net increase in value by 20.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:26:54 am by Captain Mayday »

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 23, 2009, 05:21:24 pm »

This is my first conversion mod, and I think I missed something. You need to hav DF installed already to install this, right? Well, I extracted the LL file into the DF directory as instructed, then ran "install Legendary Lands.bat", then a new .exe folder showed up: Run DF Legendary Lands.exe. I click on that, then a notification pops up saying "Windows cannot find 'DWARFF~1.EXE'." Did I do wrong?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2009, 05:03:27 am »

Which version of DF are you using?

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 24, 2009, 08:29:23 am »

v0.28.181.40d, I downloaded it yesterday.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 24, 2009, 11:39:12 pm »

The majority of people are now using the 40d# versions.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=28841.0

The executable name is different, and I have adapted LL to use it instead. All future official DF editions will be made this way, and there are significant improvements to the presentation code.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32