Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Nevermind  (Read 4013 times)

Fenrir

Re: Nevermind
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RedWick:
<STRONG>Isn't one of the Underdark schticks the fact that the weapons from there disintegrate in sunlight or something?  How would you go about simulating that?</STRONG>

That's another aspect we'll have to ignore for now.

Geofferic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RedWick:
<STRONG>Isn't one of the Underdark schticks the fact that the weapons from there disintegrate in sunlight or something?  How would you go about simulating that?</STRONG>

In some of the arcs they no longer do - and I *believe* that's soley due to the machinations fo the goddess Lolth.  I know that the reason their magic didn't work above ground was directly tied to Lolth - and depending on your source, this is no longer the case.

The point being that I believe all you have to do to address this is remove Lolth or state that in this setting, she no longer forces the disintegration or is no longer able to do so.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

Is it just us, or did Geoffric just say that one of the most mature forums we personally have ever been to consists mostly of childish foolishness?
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Fenrir

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Reign on your Parade:
<STRONG>Is it just us, or did Geoffric just say that one of the most mature forums we personally have ever been to consists mostly of childish foolishness?</STRONG>

Geofferic punctuates his sentances with 'lol'. Nuff said...

Teldin, this could work if you just made another thread, this one's too far gone.

[ December 09, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Geofferic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Reign on your Parade:
<STRONG>Is it just us, or did Geoffric just say that one of the most mature forums we personally have ever been to consists mostly of childish foolishness?</STRONG>

It's not my fault if some folks here have never been to any quality forums, mate.

You might should be a bit more choosey.

Fenrir

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 06:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Geofferic:
<STRONG>
You might should be a bit more choosey.</STRONG>

You might should be a bit more literate.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »

Forum snobbery!    :roll:

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 01:54:00 am »

Back to topic. I just bought a Underdark rule book from my former D&D nerf friend so I got some info about Underdark. So if you still want to do this mod I can help some.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 01:56:00 am »

Could you please direct us to said quality forums?
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 02:59:00 am »

Back to topic. I just bought a Underdark rule book from my former D&D nerf friend so I got some info about Underdark. So if you still want to do this mod I can help some.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »

Geofferic, there was some thread-related content in your posts, but don't include all that extra crap just to stir things up.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LongBeardBob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »

So, why don't we choose one  of the races and start fleshing it out? Personally, I'd like to see evil dark dwarves, but that's just me. My last final is tomorrow, and winter break means we could do some tasks here... Anyone?

Cheers!

Fenrir

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by LongBeardBob:
<STRONG>So, why don't we choose one  of the races and start fleshing it out? Personally, I'd like to see evil dark dwarves, but that's just me. My last final is tomorrow, and winter break means we could do some tasks here... Anyone?

Cheers!</STRONG>

I'd be willing to participate, but we'll need to start another thread.

[ December 11, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 04:13:00 pm »

I, personally, would love to see this.  Even if you can't manage to put the whole world underground, and just settle for having the world generator place "Findable" caverns and civilizations underground to be broken into by someone.

I have absolutely no experience with graphics, and not much more with editing raws (making spears out of obsidian, playing as a goblin), however, I'd be more than happy to "test".......

Really, this is Dwarf Fortress.  You can't give up on an extravagant project because it might be impossible!  They're what this game is made of!

Erasmus Darwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 11:43:00 am »

On the issue of starting underground, I don't think it's as bad as people are making out.  There's enough memory hacking knowledge that I think it'd be fairly doable to run a utility right after embarkation that terraforms (subterraforms?) the level so that the embark area is a subterranean cavern.

I'm sure there'd be hiccups along the way, and you might have to cheat a bit and make some border squares technically designated as outside in order to get proper caravan arrivals (depending on how that's handled), but I do think it's at least feasible.

Pages: 1 2 [3]