Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60644 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Uh, again please and in (more) proper english. :)

Every time you click "ACTIVATE", you get a file access error popping up, and the prog resets your init settings to the last saved instance?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

yes the init settings go back to the default

the other thing i dont know how to make is that my dwarfs don't look like they used to be i copyed the files in raw/graphics but they stil get they colored wersions ... and cats and dogs too what shoudl i do?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile

Hey Sean, I encountered a slight installation problem. My question is, do I require any specific software to install it? Because it looks like I need a special unzipper. Thanks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Did you try a common Winrar?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile

Thanks, the one I found has a 40 day trial period though, so are there any that are 100% free?

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile

Okay, I successfully installed it into a clean DF. When I try to scan for mods, it says 'df_original.txt not located'. How do I fix this? Also, the DF folder's name is not the default installation name, if that matters.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here are the things that matter:
(the folder where the Modbase.exe is located is <root>)
These folders exist: <root>\raw, <root>\raw\objects, <root>\modbase, <root>\data, <root>\data\init.
These files exist: <root>\modbase\df_original.txt, <root>\data\init\init.txt, all files in <root>\raw\objects.

If you extracted everything as it were, everything should work fine.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

how do you migrate maydays graph set to the modpack?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No way yet, at least no modbase-specific way. I didn't get around to adding graphic packs support yet. You can add tilesets, but you'll need to set up graphic tiles the old manual way.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile

sigh... I unzipped it like normal. All of that is accurate EXCEPT the Modbase>df_original.txt.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you check that the file is in the archive? I'm asking because I know it is. I simply want to know what kind of crazy extraction method you are using that doesn't place all files in folder trees. I'm using an expired trial of WinRar (which does nothing to prevent you from working, it just pops a message that you need to register every time you open it), and extracting to folder trees is the default setting, just right click the file -> Extract Here.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

No way yet, at least no modbase-specific way. I didn't get around to adding graphic packs support yet. You can add tilesets, but you'll need to set up graphic tiles the old manual way.
i dont know what i am doing wrong, i copied all the bmp and the graphics_example.txt and it still don't work ...
Mohreb el Yasim

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Thanks, the one I found has a 40 day trial period though, so are there any that are 100% free?
It says trial period but it lasts forever anyway.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile

Got it! It works now!! THANK YOU SO MUCH SEAN! I can't wait to try the Min+ and Martial Arts mods!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i dont know what i am doing wrong, i copied all the bmp and the graphics_example.txt and it still don't work ...
Well, you need to enable graphics, via the builtin editor - open the second tab, find the GRAPHICS line in the upper list, double-click it, select YES, click Done, then Apply Init Settings.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21