Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60631 times)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.95a. Several bugs fixed.
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2008, 11:23:41 pm »

Oh that worked, i still cant view mod files in modbase's handy dandy viewer though. Even if it can't edit yet, its very useful for viewing individual entries in a raw file neatly listed.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2008, 11:58:17 pm »

It's because the mod editor is WIP, there's probably some stuff I left unfinished at the time.

Nonanonymous, you're forgetting one thing - the @1 points to a value index. So, by using two COND:BODY@1 lines, you try to search for something that has BOTH values in one tag value - which is somewhat impossible. Instead, use COND:BODY@2#DORSAL_FIN, or whatever the position is where the part is usually included. I might rig something to check for "general availability" regardless of position in the tag..

Ashnal, yes that will work. Or it's supposed to, at least. :P
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:03:19 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2008, 12:21:49 am »

Well I hope you make it at least viewable again soon, I liked it just for the organized view even without editing abilities.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, new update.

- Made mod viewer available, by commenting out the placeholder code that was blocking it.
- Fixed the tilemod-caused GDI error bug that came out from the deeps beneath the mountains.
- Tilesets now track the GRID parameter when installed either way, and set resolution accordingly.
- Unlocked resolution lines for direct init editing - if you have problems with squashed fullscreen or get a "mode switch failed".
- Added a "general search" parameter for conditional entry conditions - specify 0 as the index to search the entirety of the tag, as in "[COND:BODY@0#FISH]"
- Optimized saving and loading mods a bit. I need to test some more, see if you get errors in output.

I think that's it for this one.

The GDI error and the format errors are something I don't understand. For a while the way I used - creating new bitmap from file->modify bitmap->save bitmap to same file - worked flawlessly. Now it appears the bitmap can't save the file because it's already in use - by the same bitmap. I worked around it by saving to a temp file, then freeing the handle and moving the result, but it's hackish and inefficient.
The format errors I got in XP are the worst thing, because I can't see the reason for their appearance. It says to me, "1.1" is not a properly formatted string for conversion to Single. Then I look in MSDN, and it says "The string must have an optional decimal delimiter and trailing digits behind it.". Isn't "1.1" just that?...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:34:44 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2008, 03:00:02 pm »

Sadly, it's probably caused by the Martial Arts mod. Switch from Megamagic weapons to simple Magic weapons (or turn them off) and try then.
Yes, shutting off magic weapons entirely seems to have worked.

If it just stopped without changing the Activate button back, some error occured that dropped the cycle out of the function. It should never happen, not without exceptions. I'd rather believe it hung up, which isn't unheard of.
Further testing reveals there was an error window I clicked past without seeing.

But my confusing new fort options are all in there, so here's hoping. Mostly I wanted the all stones economic and wooden weapons parts. =)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should try again in this version, it has improvements in that regard.

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I get around to updating my copy of DF - the changes are minor as regards my play, that I can see, and I -just- found one of my obsidian/magma/river/woodland/flux embark sites - I will at that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hello, Sean.
I'm currently making a fallout post-apocalyptic mod, can you share your minerals from the Minerals mod?
You've made a great work and since the mod is currently a total conversion and cannot go with other components I can't use it in modbase. Could you contribute, please?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why can't you use it in modbase? Hm, I'll probably have to make another switch for this, but in the meantime all you have to do is turn off the Original DF mod and stick yours up top. Since most mods for modbase have REQUIRES fields, they will not function with Original DF turned off, and if I make the switches, you won't be able to have more than one TC active at a time.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well, it's a nice option. I didn't think about it. Should I make it in the same syntax? I will convert it when I finish.
I asked 'bout that because I plan to play with different minerals/fuel types which are in your mod already when I checked it.
But I have a lot of things to add after so for now the conversion is not my primary goal. Well, it will come later then.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a nice new layout for the viewer

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, if you make it a TC, then you won't NEED to convert it, just stick it into a folder of its own, and supply all the raws you need for it. Make a dfmod file, and if I manage to get the TC functions working by then, you won't have too much problem, just clicking the TC mod will deactivate all other TCs and stick the mod up top automatically. (the big funny thing is, I can't get it to do that consistently - for some reason the mod up top stays up top no matter what, and trying to swap places with it creates weird menu glitches that I can't fix...)

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile

I'm getting an error message when loading init settings. It doesn't seem to affect anything other than tileset installations, everything else still works, however bugs is bugs.

Here's the text from the message:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah. Hrm. I fixed that bug for tileset and tilemod mods, but forgot to check the actual tile installer. I don't think I got the error myself, but I'll apply the same fix anyways.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

i have this error too and every time i change mod settings (wich i want to use) it remakes me the original setting of tileset wich i dont want to use ...(it migth be not related to the previus one tougth but it is also around tilesets)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21