Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6147 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Loading Drivers For Day 2 (7/8)
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2024, 01:26:53 pm »

My current working theory is that maybe using that action made AP a mafia-ally.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2024, 01:37:55 pm »

Curious now, Max.

What reasons for the who and to targeting of your action?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2024, 01:57:51 pm »

Curious now, Max.

What reasons for the who and to targeting of your action?
Almost completely shooting in the dark. The only reasoning is that, after your d1 thread conversation, it seemed like you were probably not both mafia, so I figured at least one of you would be honest about the result so that I could get useful information.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2024, 02:04:07 pm »

I have super important-to-me questions out to CM and AP.

Juicebox, what do you think is going on, what do you believe, what if anything else are you willing to explain about yourself, and what do you think we should do to have the best chance to win, and if it's not the same thing, what do you think we should do to get more info, be it discuss D2 or do N2?

Sof, why are you sooooo quiet?  What's your answers to my questions to JB?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2024, 03:53:52 pm »

CM could be a source of actions despite being jailed and tracked and this might support a connection to JB and a reason to defend JB.
Point out where I'm defending JB. I know that I was jailed and I know that I'm not teamed with JB

Because I didn't have a very high/good read of them Day 1, I decided it was best value efficiency wise to accept the additional/extra action and jail CrystalisedMire.

I... I'm guessing AP will say the same thing as CM. The world where someone makes a mason claim this confidently and the other person denies it is too strange for me to comprehend.
I checked with AP if it is okay to reveal mason status. They said maybe not but allowed me to reveal masonry if I wanted to. I got annoyed at Maximum Spin's theory that I was teammates with JB so I revealed it.

My current theory is that JB didn't actually steal sofanthiel's action and NJW was indeed roleblocked.
JB: Can you confirm my theory?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2024, 03:54:53 pm »

BTW, I'm leaning toward lynching CrystalizedMire at the moment. I'm not going to change my vote yet, though.

Always lynch claimed masons, we learned that back in BYOR 16.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2024, 05:35:35 am »

Huh... ok, I have literally drawn myself a diagram, and I don't see a solve. Every explanation involves 3+ people lying or weird unknowns. Which shouldn't be a surprise in a bastard game. The way forward is reads as well as mechanical analysis.

Reads/Thoughts

Sofa: I'm pretty sure Juicebox stole sofa's action and gave it to AP. I guess sofa could have made up the Jailkeeper claim to incriminate Juicebox, but I don't think so. To be honest, I think sofa is telling the truth because they read as town, not because of any mechanical considerations. They had a very decent D1.

Imp: I think either Imp or I were redirected, either me onto Juicebox or someone else AP targeted, or Imp onto someone who took no trackable action, which could potentially be Juicebox or sofa depending how the ability-steal works, or I guess someone else. I wasn't sure about the claiming last thing, but it would be extremely weird for scum!Imp to wait until the end of the day just to claim a result that conflicts with mine - I'm sure it's in their range, but I don't see why they'd ever DO it. I get the sense Imp is really trying to solve.

Max: In a situation where the night results are inexplicable, Max acts mysterious, makes a late claim that confuses everything, I would usually look very hard at him. He has form for doing very weird things as scum just to confuse town and ruin mechanical analysis - there was a BYOR he won by publically abducting his scum partner at the end of the first day. That being said, Max is not the only one to make confusing claims today, and there are other things going on like the "masons". I think he was maaaaybe a bit helpful with Egan yesterday. I'm likely to regret this, but I think this might be town!Max.

Depends on their response, but I think Juicebox using other player's actions pretty strongly suggests they're scum, or at least not town. I'm not going to say "I knew it D1" because I didn't, but I did notice they were reluctant to get out of RVS and weren't contributing much. I think we're on decently firm ground for a Juicebox elim, especially if we're willing to ignore or trust the mason claims. Juicebox has been pretty cagey about how their action works specifically, which I think supports the "steals abilities" theory.

"Masons": I don't trust the mason claim. Have to see what AP says, but it's a bit out of the blue, and in response to very weak pressure. Masons are generally a bit more confident and risk-taking than the rest of town, because another player has them as locktown and will back them up. They also don't distance, because why would they? This doesn't look like masons, to be honest. I'm not settled on any kind of theory yet, but very interested in what AP has to say.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2024, 10:45:59 am »

there was a BYOR he won by publically abducting his scum partner at the end of the first day.
I had my scum partner publically abduct me at the end of the first day.

Could you provide your diagram or summarize the claims that are in conflict? I'm not sure I've got them all.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2024, 01:17:44 pm »

So yes, I did steal the action from Sofa to give it to AP.
I picked AP because they seemed townie to me, and because I thought that they were likely to use it and not hold it

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2024, 01:19:33 pm »

I picked AP because they seemed townie to me, and because I thought that they were likely to use it and not hold it

Juicebox, what do you think is going on, what do you believe, what if anything else are you willing to explain about yourself, and what do you think we should do to have the best chance to win, and if it's not the same thing, what do you think we should do to get more info, be it discuss D2 or do N2?

Checking, that all you have to say?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2024, 01:20:35 pm »

Oh and I stole the action from Sofa bc I didn't have any sort of read on them and I didn't think it would hurt town too much to take their action

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2024, 01:22:26 pm »

Checking, that all you have to say?

That's the main thing I wanted to say, I may have other thoughts later

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2024, 01:48:22 pm »

We have a little less than 24 hours to day end, I think.  I believe this is our current votecount, and 4 votes needed to elim (we were told no D2 hammers):

JB:  MS#152, Imp#150
NJW:  CM#156
Sof:  AP#149

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2024, 01:56:01 pm »

CrystalizedMire.
If I don't hear from AnimePigeon, that's where it's staying.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2024, 04:06:19 pm »

Well, this is sad and scary.

AP hasn't been on in like 29 hours.
Sofa hasn't been on in about 23 hours.

CM's active but quiet, and doesn't seem to think all that weird stuff she suddenly said is in any way defense of JB - I mean about suddenly claiming mason and that she's alignment confirmed with someone who thinks she was scummy D1 and who RB her N1 and who she didn't even claim she attempted to doctor despite this confirmed alignment because "Imp seemed townie then" that came up right after JB got the two votes.

Juicebox is comfortable giving no reads, no ideas to solve, hasn't voted D2, seems fine with just a little self-explanation.  I'd pull a CM on JB, but that spin attack may have converted CM or something.  I don't know what's going on here except can we kill it.  "We have to kill this slot", confidence low.  This slot feels bad, man.  I'm not always right and have no core mech to back it up, just the swirls in my subconscious.

Max in comparison is fine.

NJW in comparison is fine.

I'm most sus of JB and CM, with AP a somewhat distant third and Sofa kinda border of 'in comparison is fine'/'low activity whut-squish'.

Least I'm not bored.  CrystalizedMire.  Might be the right answer, I'm just more scared of JB and how CM threw even more 'so I'm so very sus' stuff once JB had two votes.  Let's see what these votes do then 4 of us flashmob switch to JB before end of day, mkay?  Except I don't know for sure that's the call either.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19