Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4406 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 1)
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2024, 02:12:24 pm »

That doesn't have to apply to mafia abilities. And even if it did if you have two members you could trade back and forth until one got taken out of circulation. You can't say it's obvious if it isn't traded either, just say mafia stole it from the person you gave it to.

Max, if a player dies at night does their contraband pass to another player?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2024, 02:29:44 pm »

That's my only contraband but the night version also prevents death

This sounds cool.

CrystalizedMire, I make this promise to you.  It is not enforceable, as far as I know.  However, if I find myself in possession of contraband N1 that does what you have described, at the end of D2 I will pass that specific contraband to you, presuming I live to end of D2 and you are alive to pass it to.  I will also accept a list of 'heirs' for it, if you choose to provide such a list; an example might look like:

CrystalizedMire
AnimePigeon
hector13
NJW2000
sofaJack
TricMagic

I'm not on the list because I can't give it to myself if I understand the Contraband rules at all, you're at the top because I presume you want it to come back to you if at all possible, and the other names are from the last votecount from Our Glorious Leader, in order Our Leader used.  But whoever was alive at the highest spot on the list you give, that's the one I'd give it to end of D2, if I get it N1.

So, if you choose to take me up on the offer you can provide a list if you choose in any order, and I say I will, of my own free will and choice (presuming I get to use those things) pass contraband matching what you claim you have used today and the effect it is supposed to have at night; that I will pass it to you or your chosen heir end of D2, if I live to end of D2 and if I receive it N1.

I do not commit to anything if I get it some other night or if I die before end of D2; otherwise I swear on being Imp I will do this as I have stated unless I am prevented (something like D2 being told to do something else with it end of day or convinced that an effective block of people will elim me, like if I used it to protect myself N1 so I can't protect myself from D2 elim; or someone having some ability to force how I pass it both could prevent me).

If I don't need to reveal I have it D2 I won't, I'll just pass it as you asked (or back to you if you never leave a list and you're alive to get it; if you're dead and didn't leave a list I'll do whatever makes sense to do with it), to help minimize potential interference.

I threaten nothing; I make no other promises about this.  If I don't get it N1, nothing further comes of this, as far as I'm concerned.

CM's behavior makes sense to me.  She can't use it N1.  She won't have it N1; she has to give it away end of D1.  Whoever gets it probably gets it at the start of N1 and can choose to use it N1 or wait to use it D2 (should they live) and then must pass it end of D2, used or not, to whomever they choose.

Therefore, unless CM wants to hide that she has this contraband, her use of it today in this fashion's probably optimal and largely NAI.  Everything else about how she uses the day might be alignment indicative, but she could have been hammered before she could use it, and she can't save it to use tonight so yeah.  Everything CM has done, mechanics-wise, makes perfect sense to me really no matter what her alignment is.

I swear my offered deal is true, CM.  I have no idea if you get a better offer or if you already have other plans, and no harm, no foul if you do anything else instead.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2024, 02:54:49 pm »

Max, if a player dies at night does their contraband pass to another player?
Yes.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2024, 03:09:26 pm »

Not reading posts and ignoring the vote on you.
Oh, I'm reading your shitty posts, like I always read your shitty posts.

But hey, maybe I can use the DumbTric magic to my advantage!

@Tric: Who do you think is town?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2024, 03:14:11 pm »

Also, I'm gonna vote IMP.

sofanthiel can of course change the vote elsewhere as he sees fit, whenever he comes online.

My rational is the following:
Imp is at best a useless survivor that is going to just make our lives miserable and contribute nothing.

At worse, Imp is mafia that got scared and fakeclaimed survivor. Maybe its a bad habit he picked up offsite, but in Bay12 meta, claimed survivors tend to be mafia hoping to avoid scrutiny.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2024, 03:19:24 pm »

Correction: It can prevent death to a target but it isn't guaranteed
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2024, 03:27:34 pm »

CrystallizedMire: just to confirm I'm reading this right, your use of this you-can't-vote-me contraband D1 prevented someone else using it to PROTECT their target N1?

Hector: You've unvoted animepigeon after making this vote on them here. Has your read changed, and if so why?

I’ll just drop an OMGUS on AnimePigeon here.

What contributions have you made toward finding scum?

Imp has claimed non-town. Why should I do anything but ostracize that given their claimed wincon has nothing to do with finding scum, and their behaviour has not convinced me they have any intention of doing so?

Also, what did you mean in this post when you said
One thing you are right on, however, is Imp’a claim being a smokescreen
to AnimePigeon?

I can't find them saying that in the thread.
One wheel short of a wagon

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2024, 03:52:19 pm »

The annoying thing this game is I'm currently most sus of CM and there shenanigans that really weren't necessary if they had just spent some time trying to play the game, instead of constantly ditching us and making excuses why they can't talk.

Still have reservations of Hector13, but I feel that's a bear best prodded tomorrow.

SofaJack apart from Voting Imp, do either of the players in this Hyrda want to add more content to this game. It's very light content from you both so far.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2024, 04:00:35 pm »

sofanthiel can of course change the vote elsewhere as he sees fit, whenever he comes online.

Imp is at best a useless survivor that is going to just make our lives miserable and contribute nothing.

At worse, Imp is mafia that got scared and fakeclaimed survivor. Maybe its a bad habit he picked up offsite, but in Bay12 meta, claimed survivors tend to be mafia hoping to avoid scrutiny.

Well, someone looks scared.

I flip survivor.  I'm pretty well known, I thought, for honesty where it doesn't directly contradict my wincon and needed strategies and also for strong mechanical play, and for enjoying, not minding, fear, intimidation, and pressure.

Nothing scary was happening when I claimed survivor, you silly weird-thinking lout-of-a-hydra-head.

No offense, Sof, but your scaly other is... needing your nipping before someone else takes a head or two completely off.

SofaJack

It's nuts to vote me, for anyone who wants anti-town dead.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2024, 04:04:20 pm »

Well, someone looks scared.

I flip survivor.  I'm pretty well known, I thought, for honesty where it doesn't directly contradict my wincon and needed strategies and also for strong mechanical play, and for enjoying, not minding, fear, intimidation, and pressure.

Nothing scary was happening when I claimed survivor, you silly weird-thinking lout-of-a-hydra-head.

No offense, Sof, but your scaly other is... needing your nipping before someone else takes a head or two completely off.

SofaJack

It's nuts to vote me, for anyone who wants anti-town dead.
Didn't realise I have a shadow ;) haha jkjk

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2024, 04:09:11 pm »

Due to action usage, please hold.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, End of Day 1)
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2024, 04:23:57 pm »

By nightfall, almost whole village agreed: sofanthiel and EuchreJack had done wrong and had to go. I saw them hang their heads and promise to accept fate if their children would be spared, but mama shielded my eyes so that I could not see who stood behind them or what mysterious figure was holding. Mama didn't let me see where village men led EuchreJack and sofanthiel away to either, but I heard shots and next morning their children were living in our house with sad faces.

AnimePigeon (0):
CrystalizedMire (0): NJW2000
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
NJW2000 (0):
sofaJack (4): TricMagic, AnimePigeon, Imp, sofaJack
TricMagic (1): hector13

Not voting: CrystalizedMire

SofaJack has been hammered. Those of you who still need to submit your CONTRABAND recipients, do so now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Night 1)
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2024, 07:05:43 pm »

While last dregs of daylight seeped out of sky, villagers met and nodded and spoke grimly. Sofanthiel's and EuchreJack's cottage being ransacked, was no evidence of any misdeed. Nobody was remembering exactly who accused them first.

sofaJack was just a Villager.

Send in your actions, if any, now - night is to last 24 hours or until all actions are received. If you didn't receive a PM, you didn't receive any CONTRABAND.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 2)
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2024, 12:08:42 pm »

Next morning everyone met again, with darker and more hunted eyes. Only TricMagic was nowhere to be found. Later we heard beaten, bruised body washed up in other village downriver.

TricMagic is dead. TricMagic was a Villager.

Day 2 has begun and will end at approximately 1PM Eastern Time, Thursday, June 20.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (5/7, Day 2)
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2024, 12:39:43 pm »

claim: I used a protect on myself, via contraband.

Mass claim is probably a smart move given we know what’s available, more or less

Pfp, more thoughts later
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15