Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11071 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (6/7)
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2024, 08:30:03 pm »

Why would I change my action just because I decided to give Quarque the benefit of the doubt in the thread? I was clear from my first reaction that I thought it could be a gambit. In fact, I HOPED it was a gambit. Which it was, so that's good at least. (If I were Quarque's partner, why would I even put the idea of a gambit in anyone's head? It wasn't mandatory.)

Besides, I honestly figured a hypothetical truthful Quarque didn't have a kill, but basically had to win by directing the lynch. It would be hard to justify that "I don't know how to fulfill this impossible wincon" with a kill in pocket. But regardless, that didn't matter because there was never a time when Quarque was not getting lynched, so why would I wastefully change my action?

I never voted Qua D1.
Yeah, that's true, I thought you had. That was my mistake which I noticed earlier when I went back to check the timing of my action.

Is "never voted the outed scum" somehow LESS suspicious?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2024, 08:44:37 pm »

My flavor does not contradict that information in any way.
The following doesn't fully add up:
Your Butler is unaware of your existence on the boat due to hypnosis performed upon them.
My flavor makes it clear I have an employer, doesn't tell me anything about who.  Makes it clear I'm absolutely and completely that person's servant.  And that my job includes making sure nothing bad happens to my employer.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2024, 08:53:03 pm »

Look, I'm going to webadict at you for a second, Imp, so apologies in advance.

If you're town, the hurdle you have to overcome is this: Why would Quarque tell that lie, in full expectation of being lynched, which would debunk the lie?

If you think I'm partnered with Quarque, you're basically saying that I couldn't come up with a better lie, which is super rude, but whatever.
But what you can't say is that I BOTH bussed my partner for towncred AND tried to save Quarque by unvoting, then repeatedly telling everyone else not to change votes whenever I explained my own vote change. This doesn't work.
You cannot just rely on "scary Max might do anything" to pull your weight here. In the time it took me to write this sentence I have already thought of three more better ideas I could have done, on top of the ones I already thought of before.

Who else could be partnered with Quarque? Oliverz144, NJW2000, and I are the players not mentioned in that self-vote post. You and Crymea are cited as town, sofanthiel as probable scum. Do you think Quarque, in that scenario, would list a partner as town in the hopes of tilting the other players' reads, or as scum for the sake of distancing, knowing that the eventual flip would make everything that was said dubious in retrospect? Or not mention the real partner at all, so we would overanalyze the mentioned players and ignore the others? Whatever your choice is, why?

Why would either sofanthiel or Crymea, who are both acting pretty low-key (as usual) this game, vote the way they both did if partnered with Quarque? It's not inconceivable, but it would sure be a wasted opportunity. There was no need for Quarque to get to the point of being bussed in the first place.

I need to wrap this up quickly, so: It sure looks to me like the only logical partners for Quarque are you and Oliverz144. It being Oliverz would explain why Quarque would be demoralized, certainly, with a missing partner, but then that implies that Quarque decided to self-destruct with that bizarre lie out of nowhere. Why would that be? The same, btw, applies if you think Quarque was partnered with me - for either of us, there's just no benefit to the lie at all. You can say it's just an emotional appeal to get out of the lynch, but it was pretty obviously not gonna work, and even then, there are easier and more sensible lies to tell.
But what that lie absolutely did do is provide an opportunity to claim that you, Imp, would be proven town, and then make that look like a possible interpretation of the flip. That's the thing. You're the only one who seems to benefit from it. Cui bono?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2024, 09:19:41 pm »

My flavor does not contradict that information in any way.
The following doesn't fully add up:
Your Butler is unaware of your existence on the boat due to hypnosis performed upon them.
My flavor makes it clear I have an employer, doesn't tell me anything about who.  Makes it clear I'm absolutely and completely that person's servant.  And that my job includes making sure nothing bad happens to my employer.

You'll see it more clearly in my flip or after the game, I'm not going to quote a DM.  Tric wrote it; I have it.

An example paraphrase which is not a quote:

My role name
You are an excellent butler that never fails your employer.  You make sure to care and protect them always.

My wincon

My auto
My day

If you're town

Nah.  Everything you're saying is supposition, guesses, and probably manipulation.

See, I'm town.  I have no control over what Qua did or said.  Or what role I was given, what its flavor is, or any of it.

I may die as town, or not, because of the complexity of the game, the roles, the flip so far, the night actions.

I'm mystified what sof learned D1, if anything, that makes sof so interested in what I did D1.  Sof really hammered that concern.  I don't get why, and I don't want to out anything townie and ideally secret of sof, my only concern about it was 'is this scum hunting for why the kill was stopped, who stopped it and how, who do I need to kill since I couldn't kill NJW'.

As for my targeting - as D1 drew to a close, I anxiously saw that Oliver was long time offline.  I did think Qua was antitown.  My top antitown concerns were Max and Oliver.

I can stop a kill; no idea who Oliver would target with his 1 post early D1, if he's scum.

But Max - NJW is my top town pick, and NJW was openly sus of Max, which I was not.

Max was not openly sus of me - he was voting and talking Qua then voting and not talking Oliv.  Private sus happens, but the NJW-Max and my reasonable townread of NJW was why I picked NJW to protect.

The lack of a kill D1 and my knowing NJW was protected, makes me think either Oliver didn't action (maybe Qua partner, but I think there's no true mafia 'team', no true partners, maybe there is) or that Max targeted NJW.  I'm quite sure Max would action D1.

I don't think "I can prevent someone from killing" is a claim Max would hide like he did for so long D2, not with a open cop claim and then an open doctor claim.

Instead, Max drives for my D2 elim as an absolute priority.  If I flip town, sure, plans for that.  Kill Imp, says Max.

I think Max needs Imp dead because Max evaluates he can't survive a game with Imp alive - and it's not because he thinks I am scum.

I remember catfia, where Max took out every townie that would have fought him, one at a time as we stepped up.  Shame that.

Hope it doesn't happen again here.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2024, 09:24:32 pm »

But sof, if you somehow can see that a kill got stopped, and maybe also targeted me, so you're scared that I tried to kill and someone stopped me - I didn't kill.  I would have stopped a kill.

If you have that evidence, if that's why you're so concerned, I hope you tell the class before end of day, because that's not something to keep from the class.  If we have to thunderdome this, me first and someone else - I don't know who else targeted NJW, just that I did.

I don't get why you are so alarmed about me.  But I'm gonna flip town, so if you're also town please prep us all with the info we need to win, if you have some clues.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2024, 10:06:34 pm »

Red Agents are part of the MAFIA.
So long as a Team can win, the game will not end. If the day rolls over into Saturday without a wining Team, the Mafia wins by default. (Friday 10 AM > Saturday 10 AM being an example final day.) Once all anti-town are lynched or killed, Town wins. If you can't, Town loses.

Right. So Quarque is teamscum, which is what I thought.

Which means that Imp's whole thing about "needing to find the other anti-town" is just blowing smoke.

Imp, in the unlikely event that you are actually town, you're hurting town here. With this information, do you change your mind about anything at all?

If you think I'm partnered with Quarque

What I think happened, because Tric does not say there that 'team members will know the other team members', and tremendously more because of the events of D1.

I think Max is the thief.  And thought he was solo scum, kill everyone else (No idea how it is worded).  Maybe had a clue to look for ally, probably not given the D1 behavior.

There's only 7 of us.  How many anti-town do we need?  I think one or more is reasonable, and clearly we have 2 or more.

And then Qua said:

when I flip you'll see I'm third party with a stupidly difficult win condition that I was never going to fullfill. Survive and find the thief and kill everyone else. After asking the DM for clarification a few times I still don't understand how that's supposed to work and I'm happy with a D1 elim tbh. quarque

And then Max said:

Oliverz144, then.

If it's a gambit, then I'm proud of you and you deserve a second try.

I think Max had no idea there was more than 1 antitown.  I think that's the moment when Max said 'Oh, I got an ally'.

I'm not certain, but all that smoke Max blows, I think it's genuine that he would have played different, and Qua too, if they started 'teamed like normal'.  I don't think they're teamed.  I don't think they had a shared chat.

So Max is doing damage control to hide and confuse about this, and I'm trying to sweep away the mess and say "Okay, so this isn't town play from Max, really darn sure and getting more sure as Max keeps trying to dig this hole deeper, this is not pro-town concern at all, none of it."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2024, 10:32:40 pm »

Tric literally answered that question from me, but whatever.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2024, 12:37:35 am »

I didn't think that was a serious question, I thought he was just mad that I said he might be scum.
its serious, i dont understand the mech here
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2024, 12:40:36 am »

IMP
Voting a red check

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2024, 03:32:38 am »

That's hammer, of course.  I presume we're allowed to bah post.  vent vent yay.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efE_3ukJVWg

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (5/7)
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2024, 08:53:15 am »

Imp: [4] Maximum Spin, sofanthiel, Crystalizedmire, Olvierz144
Maximum Spin: [1] Imp,
Oliverz144:
CrystalizedMire:
sofanthiel:
NJW2000:

Much ado about the butler. They argued against, throwing shade. "It's Max, they said." "Trust me, I have no motive for this," they said.

Turns out, sometimes motives don't matter against the mob vote. Even when your on the side of Town.

Noble Butler of the Butlers [Town Cleanser]
[Auto] The Butler Did It: You investigate as Mafia.
[Day] Light Hands, Idle Work: Target a Player. They cannot be killed today, but can be lynched. Any Frames the target is subjected to are cleansed, and status effects removed.

While their affects are looked at, no sign of the missing treasure is found. Simply a lot of cleaning supplies and the money for the auction. Still, no one trusts them and so they are held in custody nonetheless. Talks begin again.

Day 3 has begun. It will end in 24 hours and 5 minutes. 3 to hammer.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2024, 08:59:26 am »

People damn well better not vote until we're done talking.

Hammering before I'm awake is an irritating development, even if I couldn't have changed their minds. It's 3 to hammer now, so let's take some care.

I investigated Oliverz. They're the thief, which is a third party, not mafia.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2024, 09:07:21 am »

Oh god, lol, Quarque was telling the truth the whole time and had a perfectly ordinary mafia wincon that there was no reason to freak out over.

I actually think town will win if we lynch Oliverz, in that case, since there are probably not three anti-town, but I respect that people might have other thoughts.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2024, 09:07:35 am »

People damn well better not vote until we're done talking.

Hammering before I'm awake is an irritating development, even if I couldn't have changed their minds. It's 3 to hammer now, so let's take some care.

I investigated Oliverz. They're the thief, which is a third party, not mafia.
I hard counterclaim! Claim Your night 1 action!

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2024, 09:08:16 am »

NJW2000
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20