Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11012 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (6/7)
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2024, 05:59:00 pm »

Lord Almighty, God above, grace us with an infinitesimal sliver of your fathomless wisdom.  Amen!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2024, 06:00:28 pm »

Red Agents are part of the MAFIA.
So long as a Team can win, the game will not end. If the day rolls over into Saturday without a wining Team, the Mafia wins by default. (Friday 10 AM > Saturday 10 AM being an example final day.) Once all anti-town are lynched or killed, Town wins. If you can't, Town loses.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2024, 06:02:27 pm »

I wonder why a Max that is town would be so avoidant of answering, and so careful before saying anything.

Well folks, when I die, I flip town.

If it's not Max... Especially Max.  Town does not win when I die.

So, plan for that, if you're town.

Sure, let's say I flip today.  If you know you're town, well, I'm town, so of the other 4, one of them's anti town.

Why are you not even working on trying to find who it is?

You look like you're trying to get one more day for yourself alive, not playing for a town win even if your lynch pick is wrong.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2024, 06:03:34 pm »

Right. So Quarque is teamscum, which is what I thought.

Which means that Imp's whole thing about "needing to find the other anti-town" is just blowing smoke.

Imp, in the unlikely event that you are actually town, you're hurting town here. With this information, do you change your mind about anything at all?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2024, 06:05:11 pm »

Right. So Quarque is teamscum, which is what I thought.

Which means that Imp's whole thing about "needing to find the other anti-town" is just blowing smoke.

Imp, in the unlikely event that you are actually town, you're hurting town here. With this information, do you change your mind about anything at all?

Sorry, only smoke I see is coming from you.  Self serving, self protecting, avoidant, not helping.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2024, 06:10:30 pm »

Sure, let's say I flip today.  If you know you're town, well, I'm town, so of the other 4, one of them's anti town.

Why are you not even working on trying to find who it is?

You look like you're trying to get one more day for yourself alive, not playing for a town win even if your lynch pick is wrong.
If you're town, the game is virtually mechanically solved. I already have a complete plan for what to do the next day in that case.

In fact, we can push it to that point quicker if CrystalizedMire claims.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2024, 06:15:58 pm »

My role has 3 abilities and 2 of them starts out depleted. The only ability I could use is a one shot and I have to get lucky with another player replenishing my shots.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2024, 06:21:37 pm »

If you're town, the game is virtually mechanically solved. I already have a complete plan for what to do the next day in that case.
Would sharing the details of this plan jeopardize its execution?  What if you just so happen to coincidentally die today, unable to see it all the way through and leaving us to fend for ourselves?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2024, 06:33:42 pm »

Would sharing the details of this plan jeopardize its execution?  What if you just so happen to coincidentally die today, unable to see it all the way through and leaving us to fend for ourselves?
No, but I thought it was kind of obvious.
We know alignment inspection should be in play given Quarque's flip; while it could be a red herring, if Imp turns out to be town and telling the truth, that makes for a lot of reason to believe in alignment inspection. Nobody's counterclaimed NJW2000, so NJW2000 is probably town and a cop. NJW2000 most likely gets killed here, so if I eat a bullet instead, so much the better for town.
I can also [do a thing] and NJW2000 has a town inspect on me. So at least from both of our perspectives, mafia is between the three other players. MOST LIKELY Oliverz144, whom NJW2000 should just inspect. I'll [do a thing] to either you or CrystalizedMire at my discretion. All of us will be expected to fullclaim our night actions. That SHOULD be enough coverage to mechanically solve or bring it very close to mechanically solved, such that there's no one player scum can kill that will prevent town from winning. (If scum kills one of the three of you, that's only narrowing down the search pool. If scum kills me, NJW's inspect results should seal the game. If scum kills NJW, that's worst, but the rest of us can probably still carry it.)

I mean, I know in reality there's a 50% chance that NJW2000 will go full paranoid and decide that I'm a godfather instead, but whatever, you know.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2024, 06:38:19 pm »

So, that weird nonsense, because it doesn't make sense to me, that Max is claiming;

Whatever his 'do a thing' to someone is.

And he's got a cop claimed and a doctor claimed, so his 'do a thing' is clearly real special if he's town.

So he 'did a thing' to me last night.

I wasn't told I was roleblocked.  No idea what his thingy is.  Sad to say, helps scum to confirm that, but they can probably guess.

Anyway.  He thinks I'm scum.  He opened with voting me D2.  He did a thing to me.  It's a thing you do to scum.  Doesn't appear to be a roleblock; if it is a roleblock it allowed me to get a confirmation message that I made sure nothing bad could happen to NJW D1, which generally roleblocks don't do.

It can't be anything nice - he did it to me, his scumpick (Assuming anything he says about this is true).

What's it supposed to be?

Oh, top secret, even with a claimed doc and claimed cop.  Too special.

How is this town?

I would love to see because I hate mislynches.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2024, 06:41:22 pm »

How is this town?
Because it doesn't matter what the thing does, only that I can do it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2024, 06:45:27 pm »

I used my ability on Imp during the previous day.

The way I see it, there are - let me copy sofanthiel and do three main possibilities:
  • Imp is scum.
  • oliverz144 is scum and missed the night. But why would Quarque jump in front of a bus for no reason at all to save a partner who isn't playing, with that entirely decent ability set?
  • NJW2000 is scum and did a really great gambit I'm very proud of him for.
wait what
what does this mean

And does it matter that you're not answering Oliver either?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2024, 07:05:28 pm »

I didn't think that was a serious question, I thought he was just mad that I said he might be scum.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2024, 07:18:04 pm »

Hmm...

Not much time and about to go to bed, posting after one read-through.

Imp seems panicky but I'm honestly not sure if I can read them. Still don't trust Max but the mechanical evidence is on his side. Strong showing from Oliverz but not enough to conclude they're town, just that they're a pretty decent player.

Need to read through again to actually understand this, will have to wait for ~9 hours, sorry about that.

Please don't hammer in my absence.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2024, 07:20:41 pm »

Honestly, Imp, look at this logically.
Do you think that:
  • NJW is lying and there were three anti-town in a 7 player game,
  • Tric made two godfather scum and a miller, then made NJW a cop out of some kind of cruel personal grudge, or
  • I'm somehow that much of a mafia genius that I pegged NJW as a cop sight-unseen and redirected him to a town player instead of just killing him?
If those all sound a little implausible to you, and they should, the other alternative is just that, you know, the inspection is right and I'm town.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20