Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58276 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Fear of Commitment
« Reply #2115 on: February 09, 2024, 05:37:44 pm »

Thinking associatively in terms of Max and Web keeps bringing me back to FoU... possibly they've been played quite hard, but I see their willingness to largely ignore Max D2 as basically damning.

Just going to end up finding more reasons to repeat myself, so thinking outside of third scum...

I'm not sure I see room for a second scumteam, unless it's a very weird Toony/FoU one. I guess associative tells are a bit of a wild shot in the dark with this many players left still, so maybe not a great line of thought.

Thinking in terms of SK... I guess EJ would be a possible consideration as some kind of weird chat-based killer? And a couple of people have had him acting off?

I can see EJ self-voting as scum but not necessarily as SK. I see him as a quieeeet SK. Might be wrong here, would be interested in finding out what SK!Jack is like, but I don't think Jack is the elim.

Tric... defending FoU this hard would be bizarre as scum or SK. They're sounding pretty reasonable in the post above... I can imagine us sleepwalking into a bad FoU elim today, though maybe it turns out to be the thing we have to do.

Need to look harder at CM, EP and Toony, I guess.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #2116 on: February 09, 2024, 05:55:52 pm »

Holding my vote.  Happy with the talking, FoU is null to me.  I'm deeply engaged with that puzzle of that missing Sketch #2.  I am thinking if game goes to N3, we all need all the information possible.  I have no idea if FoU's the correct vote; I didn't know Max was either, Max was null to me as well.

Now, back to that Sketch #2 mystery.

For long and complicated reasons I am wondering about if FoU lied about there even being an 'accelerate without a number' the one supposedly used on improvement last night.  Instead of explain why I'll just ask the needed first question:

FoU, who supposedly dupped 'overpowered'.  Except, we see a flip of someone with overpowered, and I don't see a dup of overpowered.

I have no idea what the heck is up with that.

However, we can confirm that I did use Duplicate on Overpowered. You have the ability itself. What spheres does your ability that was duplicated have?

This Night I used Accelerate #2 on Cascade and Accelerate on Improvement. Those should be in the hands of other players, now. Accelerate is like Duplicate, but instead of duping an action, it makes an action Free.
I have cascade and can confirm I have gained an exhausted accelerate ability. But it didn't work in an intended way because my only ability with cascade on it is already free.

CM, do you confirm that your new ability is a free zero-shot accelerate #2?  The #2 part is super important, especially if it isn't #2.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 09, 2024, 06:22:22 pm »

Holding my vote.  Happy with the talking, FoU is null to me.  I'm deeply engaged with that puzzle of that missing Sketch #2.  I am thinking if game goes to N3, we all need all the information possible.  I have no idea if FoU's the correct vote; I didn't know Max was either, Max was null to me as well.

Now, back to that Sketch #2 mystery.

For long and complicated reasons I am wondering about if FoU lied about there even being an 'accelerate without a number' the one supposedly used on improvement last night.  Instead of explain why I'll just ask the needed first question:

FoU, who supposedly dupped 'overpowered'.  Except, we see a flip of someone with overpowered, and I don't see a dup of overpowered.

I have no idea what the heck is up with that.

However, we can confirm that I did use Duplicate on Overpowered. You have the ability itself. What spheres does your ability that was duplicated have?

This Night I used Accelerate #2 on Cascade and Accelerate on Improvement. Those should be in the hands of other players, now. Accelerate is like Duplicate, but instead of duping an action, it makes an action Free.
I have cascade and can confirm I have gained an exhausted accelerate ability. But it didn't work in an intended way because my only ability with cascade on it is already free.

CM, do you confirm that your new ability is a free zero-shot accelerate #2?  The #2 part is super important, especially if it isn't #2.
It doesn't contain #2 in the title but it is exhausted.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 09, 2024, 06:34:28 pm »

This Night I used Accelerate #2 on Cascade

CM, would you please check with the mod and ask if there could be an error or typo in your DM involving that?  And let us know when you have it confirmed that this is accurate, or please let us know what the correction is, if you would.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 09, 2024, 06:36:37 pm »

FoU, presuming there's no mod mistake in that, what's going on?

I need help here to understand, because the story that makes sense to me involves a scum!FoU.  I don't want to make mistakes about this.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 09, 2024, 09:22:57 pm »

Okay that's a bit weird. The only exhausted one should be Accelerate #2. You're telling me you have Accelerate (the original), and it's exhausted?

I used Accelerate (the original) on Improvement, and Accelerate #2 on Cascade. You have an Improvement action that was made Free?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 09, 2024, 09:33:42 pm »

notquitethere: Is it possible for a role flip to have missing or altered information?
Yes and no. I won't lie in a flip but it is possible for abilities to trigger on death and for abilities to change roles, leading to a role-in-death having a different suite of abilities than they had in life.

Well, that's intimidating. Could certainly explain the mysterious absence of Sketch #2.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 09, 2024, 09:59:29 pm »

Eager to hear from Fallacy.

Last game, he got lynched as Town, but found out stuff about other players. I'm hoping Fallacy can find some stuff this time, and ideally not get lynched if town.

I am getting deja vu from last game.  Scum!Fallacy tends to love the attention, and goes down swinging. Town!Fallacy does not talk enough.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 09, 2024, 10:06:42 pm »

Okay that's a bit weird. The only exhausted one should be Accelerate #2. You're telling me you have Accelerate (the original), and it's exhausted?

I used Accelerate (the original) on Improvement, and Accelerate #2 on Cascade. You have an Improvement action that was made Free?
I don't have improvement on any of my abilities.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: February 09, 2024, 10:09:17 pm »

ooookay that's weird. Check with NQT, make sure your Accelerate is what it looks like. You should only have gotten Accelerate and not Accelerate #2 if you have an Improvement action.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: February 09, 2024, 10:10:53 pm »

I just thought of something: now that my Town Hall invite ability is (Free), it's no longer a confirmable main night action that can be passed on to other people. That's somewhat unfortunate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 09, 2024, 10:24:06 pm »

I just thought of something: now that my Town Hall invite ability is (Free), it's no longer a confirmable main night action that can be passed on to other people. That's somewhat unfortunate.
In Mad Multiball Mafia, I could hardly care less if someone has a "confirmable main night action", so don't worry about it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 09, 2024, 10:34:03 pm »

K. Missed the fact SK Hall could get passed around.

Yeah, it's Elephant. The only reason those daggers are already in play is because of RNG. There isn't a reason to have that ability otherwise if you don't have to use it. It's clearly not an auto either. An ability you never have to trigger, with no upside to doing so?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 09, 2024, 10:58:43 pm »

K. Missed the fact SK Hall could get passed around.

Yeah, it's Elephant. The only reason those daggers are already in play is because of RNG. There isn't a reason to have that ability otherwise if you don't have to use it. It's clearly not an auto either. An ability you never have to trigger, with no upside to doing so?
I already explained the upside, but I'll do it again:

I have a free ability that targets a chat and a sphere. If any member of that chat (except me) or any player any member of that chat (except me) shares a chat with (except me) has an item or ability tagged with that sphere, I receive a Yes result; if not, I receive a No result.

Therefore, my Secret Basement chat, had it not just had a couple of people added to it, would have effectively let me use that ability on a specific player even after I added people to my first groupchat.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 09, 2024, 11:06:05 pm »

On the bright side, inviting people will become easier now?

So there's an SK, hypothetically, who is it?

Assuming we're wrestling with a lone surviving SK, who's it most likely to be?

I can rule myself out.

ToonyMan is 1% likely to be an SK. For all that his behavior has been questionable, I don't see the space in his role where a kill could hide. He's fully claimed it, too. I think there's no way he's an SK, but he would be plausible scum with NJW in a two scumteams situation.

Elephant Parade is 10% likely to be an SK. I can't imagine an SK having an ability that creates the Ritual Knife. It could be a fake item, I guess, but even that doesn't really make sense? 10% likely awarded for the weird world where he's some kind of chat arsonist.

NJW2000 is 40% likely to be an SK. It makes sense that an SK would be harder to kill than average. So far, all we know about his role is that he automatically forces players to protect him, and he makes infinite wishbones? Wait, NJW was responsible for the wishbones, wasn't he?

Checked Day 1, and yes, yes he was. Just making sure.

Volunteering to be a kill magnet is nice and all, but with his passive, would that stop him from killing? That said, there wasn't a kill last Night. So if he is an SK, I doubt he has a direct kill method.

Then again, I don't think any SK in this game would have a direct kill method, as two kills per Night with the scum and the SK both killing would deplete the player count very quickly.

Wishbone arsonist?

It's just, NJW2000 and Toony are both in this weird passive relatively low-effort bucket behaviorally, but only one of them has fully roleclaimed. If NJW2000 is SK, Toony is town, so the Bible Page would be wholly truthful, but NJW2000 would have nothing to worry about in this situation due to his defense, so.

Imp is Imp. I don't think I can read her well enough to make any pronouncements on her SK-ness.

Crystalizedmire, I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to. Looks like new town behaviorally, gave a full claim...

I'm pretty sure Maximum Spin and Fallacy are not a team otherwise they wouldn't have talked about removing a sphere from game d1.
I don't want to tie the votes so Fallacy of Urist. I remember you thinking that Tric was sk because of their ability. Also, I'm pretty sure Toony could not be maf or sk since they gave the page to someone who is basically bullet proof. These attacks seem pretty forced to me and you are very concerned with self preservation due to cooperating with a flipped mafia during d1 to get vulnerability removed.

But didn't give any explanation for this 180 in opinion.

So, 15% SK, but if it's a two-scumteams situation, they'd be a scum candidate.

TricMagic is either 5% SK or 95% SK. Look, we've read FBYOR 5. Town Tric looks exactly like SK Tric. There's no world where he's mafia, though.

His role is also plausible for an SK, multiple executions works as a murder method, especially if he secretly breaks ties or can exclude himself or something.

It's just also entirely plausible for town, too.

Unfortunately, I have to say the most likely SK candidate is EuchreJack, who I'll give a swell 70% to. A large part of that is, all we know about his role is that A, he claims to be able to revive, and obviously that isn't confirmable without actually executing or killing him. And B, he has a chat he can invite people to?

Revival makes sense as an SK defensive measure.

I think he wouldn't be quite so panicky and aggressive in the earlier days if he was teamed scum, though, so I'm opting to rule that out.

Of course, this is all contingent on there being an SK in the first place, and not just it being a one last scum situation, or a two teams of two situation.

And honestly, both two teams of two and one team of three seem more likely than there being an SK in the first place, so.

Let's call this a temporary vote, at least for now. I need to consider the other options.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 153