Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59480 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #2025 on: February 08, 2024, 01:14:18 pm »

Also, I just asked NQT a question about the Ritual Knife and he clarified something: its effect is specifically killing me. It can be redirected, but even if it is, it'll kill me, not the new target. So you can use the knives to kill me, albeit at the risk of wasting the Page's one proc for the night.

And since it would redirect into NJW's whatever NJW has, this also triggers whatever NJW has.

I'd rather we elim EP if we think we need him dead, let's leave NJW alone unless we're sure we need to elim him.

EP is high on my probably town list.  NJW is still either town MVP or actually could be scum.  I'm willing to go with town MVP until we have seen several more roleflips or something weird happens.  I'm definitely more concerned about people-not-NJW.  My top concern is what happened to Max's sketch #2? I think that's likely very scum-related, be it that 'overpowered was never the target' or 'pre-death, daytime switcheroo!'.

As for trading, I guess I could trade my chaos emerald for a Glass? But I understand if ToonyMan doesn't want any items in my hands, so I probably won't make that trade unless it looks like I won't be executed today.

I don't know what to say about if you should be elim today.  You're actually still null to me.

However, Trades can have backups.  Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Purple Chaos Emerald

Can I please get a second trade offer for the Glass, as well as if FoU is willing, the matching trade? 

The most recent trade will happen if it can, the second most recent if the first cannot.

We can restate trades to ensure Glass goes into FoU's hands closer to end of day if desired.

Since I know the item's free, and I know I keep a copy, and I don't see a way this item can help scum be scummy, I'm cool with it in anyone's hands.  Nobody can say using it was their action, unless someone anti-town has a way to use items or this item harmfully, it's a fine item to have moving around, to my thinking.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 08, 2024, 01:22:24 pm »

I'm pretty darn cool with both of the items EP created going into EP's hands, based on what I currently understand.

This just means I do not cause EP items to move, and I expect him to be open to pro-town reasons to trade away other items that may come into his possession, we can discuss then if it ever happens.  I'm pretty darn comfortable with EP.

It's pretty complex to force me to move items, something like EP's interpretation of CM's claim is about how to do it.  Three people have seen those items, that's enough eyes for me to say 'town knows enough'.  So I am happy not to touch them and have a way to not touch them should we all agree to that plan, and we can discuss it should something change so that it seems useful to discuss.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 08, 2024, 01:32:24 pm »

As a question Imp, which is more likely to be scum. EP, Crystal, Toony, or Jack?

If one isn't scummy to you, please give an explanation as to why?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 08, 2024, 01:45:43 pm »

Alright, as a backup, sure. I still don't think I'm making it out of this Day alive, though.

Trade Purple Chaos Emerald for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 08, 2024, 01:58:33 pm »

I'm reluctantly forced to confront the fact that ToonyMan could just be unengaged incompetent unlucky Town.

Fuck.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 08, 2024, 02:00:05 pm »

As a question Imp, which is more likely to be scum. EP, Crystal, Toony, or Jack?

If one isn't scummy to you, please give an explanation as to why?

Sure.  Full reads, which include those 4.

EP: Solid pro-town play.  Reasonable thinking and responses, especially D2 on.  Not one single response or choice made past D2 that looks anti-town to me in the slightest.  I will be carefully rereading D1 play for everyone before D3 ends, unless it ends really early.

CM:  Pretty solid CM-typical play.  Not obviously anti-town.  A bit questionable, I don't always 'get' CM's reasons even when CM is doing their best for town and highly active.  But believably town CM here.

Toony:  I hardly know what to say.  Not obviously anti-town.  Most of my deep concerns about Toons are actually reflections of my concerns about NJW, which don't exist unless NJW is anti-town teamed with Toons.  I'd love to go back to saying 'Toons is town'.  He's my most emotionally-biased-towards player in play.  Extremely reasonable mechanical play, could be pro-town.  I know he's busy in the other chats too, and while I have concerns reading his in-thread posts (mostly because 'egads, but NJW....') however reading the shared private chats, that's town-Toony to me.  Would like more scumhunting, but I suspect Toons has the hardest and most stressful situation in the game, and isn't even getting the 'Imp and Toons know Imp and Toons are both town' support from me I really, really wish I could give him, oh that hurts.  So Toons gets some slack, and I count my bias about wanting him alive as long as reasonable.

EJ:  Interesting.  Has a strong survival focus and threatens harm to town if harmed, probably knowingly.  Could be a EJ-tell for all I know.  Going meta, this looks more like town EJ than SK-with-optional-town-wincon (Who really hurt town that game!!!!) but not really a close match to either.  However, my huge red flags about anti-town focus are down; this is a EJ that is showing a drive to have an 'enjoyable-to-EJ' feud with Toons as his top priority.  I'm not used to seeing this.  I don't know how to read it.  I didn't see this in the Town-EJ game I was in, but I know my own play is probably more strongly affected by 'what is my role, what can I do now and in the future' than anything else that might affect me, so I try to lean towards that reasoning for EJ; FBYOR EJ D1 couldn't lord power over Toons; EJ D2+ in this game oh boy can, and loves it... subtle, but threaten it and EJ is intense and guarding it.  Looks like town poo, but could be scum hiding behind a reasonable pile of town poo.  But what about that scumhunting?  Where is it?

Tric:  Huh.  Very protective of NJW, and probably not a anti-town partner of NJW, given the flips we've seen (Low chance, not no chance).  Has a known day ability, and I'm suspicious of a day-acting potential gain of Max's apparently missing Sketch #2.  The claim of no abilities to use (Except airsoft now) seems... surprising.  Still, it's D3, we'd potentially have had 6 elims by now, plus any night kills.  Maybe unlike me, GOAT JOAT, who asked for entire continents of fluff, maybe Tric asked for a barrel of whoop-rear and got that and only that, and 'mission accomplished' so... dunno.  Like how you scumhunt though.  You care and are trying, and that's towards town Tric.

NJW:  Either town MVP or playing the long con super well as of D3.  I have no meta of NJW, especially not with a role like this one, which surely is not a normal role.  If I die at night I think we should look into 'how did NJW allow this?' otherwise... let the games continue, and I hope NJW is pro-town (which means town or can win with, I call town 'pro-town' too).

FoU:  Can of worms.  Something's wrong here.  They're getting used very heavily, or they're scum.  I like them, I like the mechanical outcomes I know for sure came from them, and that means nothing.  NJW, I have reason to believe chose to target me N2.  N1, FoU benefited me greatly in more than one way - it's random, and revealing it was me that was helped, might help scum.  Scary stuff.  Very scary stuff, that I can read as innocent NAI or coordinated and clearly working with MS D2 to find that dup target - based on the absence of that Sketch #2.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 08, 2024, 02:07:38 pm »

Questions. Did Max ever say what they knew about Sketch 2? If so, that would mean a 3Pscum team, and the likely indication of Redirection.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 08, 2024, 02:08:56 pm »

I'm reluctantly forced to confront the fact that ToonyMan could just be unengaged incompetent unlucky Town.

Fuck.

Hey, if this helps.

If a majority of you went "Imp we think you're the next to elim" then I would spend the day as pro-town as possible.  I'd scumhunt, ask questions, check out inconsistencies, reread, point stuff out, be as useful as I could (the same thing I do if I don't understand I die end of day, actually.... hint hint).  I have the huge advantage, which I hope you share, that when I flip, I can still win.  Everyone sees my flip, and if they can stomach my anti-laconic-word-piles, knows I meant everything I said towards a town win, even if I'm wrong, incomprehensible, whatever.  And we have a lot of town still alive, and two of the most dangerous scum possible are out.  I (we, all pro-town) still have work to do, and I'd spend the day setting up for my teams, and my, eventual successful win.

I would say, try to do that, get some practice in.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 08, 2024, 02:13:59 pm »

Yeah, looking at the claim and sphere grid, the chances of Fal being mafia is ex.. Well, I'd go so far as to say 0%. This isn't the type of gambit Mafia Fallacy pulls off. Actions line up with the spheres too..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 08, 2024, 02:23:33 pm »

Questions. Did Max ever say what they knew about Sketch 2? If so, that would mean a 3Pscum team, and the likely indication of Redirection.

Here's relevant quote.  There's only this one.  It's after FoU started to press for someone to confirm that Dup even passed on/FoU has a confirmable night action.  BUt where Max says he said this already... I don't see it.  I see plenty else about his Bazaar and how he can change a sphere tonight and tomorrow he could change something else - he never implies he has 2 shots until this quote, and it's after FoU appears to be fishing for the person and claims to have targeted overpowered.  Which might be a FoU error, not to consider that Max has that sphere, and is about to flip and not have a copy.

Nobody appears to have spoken up, but I'll state I'm not really counterclaiming FoU.  I also don't particularly believe anyone can only do one thing, and think it's risky to believe that about anyone.  But sure, for the sake of not making bad mistakes, I confirm FoU COULD have done something dupy to me, in a way I cannot confirm was FoU and cannot confirm choice of target should mean anything.  So it's not like FoU picked me, if I'm even confirming anything about FoU.

This game is so night game complex, I can't even confirm if I can confirm a thing I know something about, dang.
Er, hold on, as I said, I thought FoU did the dupy thing to me. I got a free copy of one of my abilities. I think it would be a bad idea for me to use it at this juncture, though.
If that's anything like what happened to you, have we confirmed that the wishbone *overwrites* actions instead of *adding*? Because that sounds like Fallacy may have targeted both of us.

This fits what we see on Sketch, which Max died with, and suggests if there's a Sketch #2, it isn't limited the same way (or it already was a 1 shot; since Sketch mutates... kinda moot, exactly as Max explains)
When I double act, I apply cascade to all my actions for the night. The curse applies the limitation sphere and turns the ability to a one shot. When applied with teh cascade effect, the target of teh ability gets the curse passed down to them.
The ability you hit doesn't have a target. It seems plausible and likely that you're telling the truth. You just happened to use your ability in such a way that there's absolutely no reason for me or anyone to care about it in the slightest.

Crystal, can you explain what your ability does a little more thoroughly? Because I didn't get told anything you think I was, except that the ability I had that was already one-shot before it would transform into something new now had the Limitation sphere. Which doesn't even stick around after it transforms.

In particular, should it have passed on to the player I targeted that night? Because if so, that's reason to be suspicious of Fallacy, which would be kind of a big deal overturning my understanding of the game.

As of right now, I don't have any abilities that target a player, so, otherwise, there's no way for me to pass any curse on. My "bazaar" offer targets a blue sphere. I do not believe that this constitutes targeting players who have that sphere, either, based on what NQT has told me. So your mistrust is based on bad assumptions.

Here's an interesting interaction from Max about/towards FoU.

EBWOP
Fallacy, what have you even been doing this whole game? I'd vote you if I didn't think you'd NO U and hammer me, which would make me sad. And also if you didn't always suck this much as town.
Yeah.  How's Fal's scum night game?  I mean, if Fal's scum, can I kinda relax, or is this a clueless-looking player that will absolutely gut me, break my kneecaps, and cut my throat simultaneously as scum with their night game while I was looking in three corners they bumble-convinced me the scum were hiding in?
Scum Fallacy rarely gets the chance to use night actions, but when he does, they're probably totally unhelpful to scum and will somehow manage to hit every town player's trap possible. Fallacy... tends to get ideas above his station, if you follow me. In other words, likely to try some cockamamie plan that could never have worked in a vain attempt to try to confuse town, then immediately get pegged by everyone for it.

I'd totally hammer you over your extorting of me on Day 1 as seen above
You know, Imp was right that there was no reason to assume anyone would actually go along with me on that. I thought it was funny that it actually worked on you a little.

Fallacy, what have you even been doing this whole game? I'd vote you if I didn't think you'd NO U and hammer me, which would make me sad. And also if you didn't always suck this much as town.

We know Max is scum.  FoU is either partner or being used/set up, I see 100% chance of one of those.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 08, 2024, 02:29:12 pm »

Because of how Dup works, if overpowered was targeted, even if max didn't have an Overpowered ability N1, but does have it start of D2, it will dup.

That is explicitly on the dup ability.  It dups someone's ability with the target sphere the next phase after Dup is used.

So if I target sphere A and I have sphere A now when I use dup, but lose it next phase, I don't dup.

If I target sphere A and I have Sphere A now when I use dup, and still have it next phase, it dups as of next phase.

If I target sphere A and I don't have Sphere A when I use dup, but gain it start of next phase, it dups as of next phase.

Since Max has overpowered during the same phase that is 'next' after I know Dup was used (D2, after N1; I gained my #2 ability start of D2 when Max would have gained his, if he could) that means that either:

1) Dup did not target any sphere on Sketch, otherwise it would have forced a #2 of Sketch.

2) Dup did duplicate Sketch, there is a #2 of Sketch; but someone used a day power to move it from Max.  Where is it?  Who did this?  Or do we just flip FoU?  I'm unsure.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 08, 2024, 02:39:43 pm »

Imp. Can say that Fal can't be mafia with Max/Web. I sincerely doubt they are scum. Too clean a lynch target, no connections or play.

Mechanically, if there is a Sketch #2, it got redirected to someone else. If there isn't a Sketch #2, wouldn't that mean Fal was being set up?

I'm more inclined to flip the Chatters, since it is known that Max joked about that early on. Max doesn't joke as town much.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 08, 2024, 02:43:38 pm »

There was a pregame conversation about (Chat), so I don't think Max joking about it means anything.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #2038 on: February 08, 2024, 02:47:36 pm »

I think it's reasonable to say 'Hey, Max just lied, this is scum poo, Fal's just being used by Max' - except the hole is deeper than that.

Here is one of the places where Fal said Fal used dup on 'overpowered'.

I want FoU to explain themselves more now that I understand NJW targeting me and FoU isn't a soft clear.

@FoU:
Who did you intend to target on N1 and what was your thought process in doing so?

I targeted the sphere of Overpowered. Barring shenanigans, it should be very clear to precisely one player what I did, and there'll be hints of it elsewhere. I targeted it because I guessed that it'd be popular, and because I knew it would benefit me as well.

Very clear to the player who inherits Dup.  Someone gained that ability, that's me.  I do have Overpowered, but I have other spheres too; I gained my #2 of an ability with spheres on it besides overpowered.  The hints of it elsewhere, that's the other people with the targeted sphere, if any, getting duplicates, #2 abilities, 'hints' as FoU called them.

It dupped FoU's #2 accelerate ability, OR that is Max's copy, stolen during the day and changed and used/passed on.  I don't think so, but nobody's claimed a number 1 accelerate inheritance, but CM confirms the thing has spheres that Max had (overpowered) and that he didn't.  My #2 ability happens to have at least one of the spheres that isn't a match for Max's spheres, and since I think scum did this, little reason to hide which ones, but I'm still squirrely, I don't see pro-town in saying, even though if FoU is scum, scum know.  There could be some other anti-town or even a pro-town who misuses info.  Info hazard, ack.

But that could explain why/how FoU dupped accel, and dupped my #2, but didn't dup Max's ability.

Except, if so - why would FoU mislead and claim 'I dupped overpowered N1' unless FoU is scum?

So something happened to Max's Sketch #2?

I'm confused, but pretty sure there's scum action here.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 08, 2024, 02:50:43 pm »

If there isn't a Sketch #2, wouldn't that mean Fal was being set up?

Nah, if there's no Sketch #2, that means Fal lied about duplicate's N1 target of [overpowered].  I don't see any other explanation, because there's nothing on dup (I am reading it again now) and nothing on Max's flip that would prevent a duplication of Sketch #1 or remove Sketch #2 on Max's death.  I asked nqt a few questions about if I died what would my flip show about my #2 ability, would that poof on my death (I don't see any reason for it to) and he told me based on what I can see, my copy would show on flip, but I know there could be abilities that affect other abilities.

Well this all happened during the day.  So I think it takes a special kind of auto, or a day actor.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 153