Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59017 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1500 on: February 04, 2024, 02:51:28 am »

@Max: Would you mind running through the process that you removed other suspects and concluded that I was your top scum pick?
Also: A vote for me is a vote for Day 3: Electric Boogaloo, just an FYI.

I'm working on another post, sadly my first real WoT this game prolly.  I'll spoiler it, sorry for length, but I paused it.

EJ, I'm clueless but I'm part of the class even though I joined late/didn't do the homework.

Tell me what that means, the Boogaloo stuff.  With no idea what you mean, I think you're threatening horrible things to happen if we lynch you.  But that's just my instant read of the words, tone, phrasing.  I bet you have a specific meaning?
If you lynch me, I won't die, and you'll have to play through Day 2 again on Day 3.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 04, 2024, 03:04:26 am »

If you lynch me, I won't die, and you'll have to play through Day 2 again on Day 3.

Oh!  Cool, yeah.  I was totally prepped for that after you didn't die first time in Max's game.  Just means kill you again.  Super waste of time if you happen to be town; my best possible use of time if you happen to be anti-town.

I can find out randomly, which is a total waste if you're someone I can win with.  I can choose not to find out because you are chasing something I can recognize as a town-compatible wincon.

We have some speech differences.  But the game I know you're town in we played together - I could town read you before a day ended.

The game I know you were not town in - I don't give a fig about your optional wincon.  Who did you use power on?  I hate you for that.  You should die for... oh, game over.  Back to this game.  If I think you're playing in a way that hurts my wincon, I take you out.  Almost certainly by vote.  If I have to do it twice, I do it twice.  that has to be done sometimes.  This game, we have kills locked down.  If I think you're anti-town, I will gladly, eagerly lead the re-lynch on you.  Believing it necessary, as you die and die.  And all of us have whatever happens each cycle happen.  you won't be the only one getting more powerful, I'm sure.  And if you're anti-town, and have to die many times - then there's probably just two anti-town as some theorize.  I'll feel good!  Until I finally learn you are town.

So, best path for us both is for you to show me pro-town a lot.  So much that I think you're someone I can win with.  Threats aren't terrible, but they better be pro-town threats.  I'm really only caring about the outcome as I can predict it or see happens.

It's very mildly pro-town to reveal "I gotta die a lot".

Also, if you're pro-town, and this game is a homage in a way to the recent FBYOR+ Max's game... if you **are** town-compatible, your first death should flip you so we see and know we can stop flipping you and maybe should.  Max was very specific, with me, about that.  If I died, I'd flip, elim or other.  Town would see I wouldn't need to die again. Huge argument about it in web's private chat after the game.  I'm pretty sure nqt noticed, and if we're in homage-land, I bet if we get confused about you, your flip helps us know to stop.  If it doesn't, we keep killing.

I'm ready.  Only thing I need is more certainty you're anti-town, instead of town-making-a-mistake.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 04, 2024, 03:09:00 am »

nqt, would you allow us to eliminate even once someone who you have made impossible to kill by being eliminated?  As in, would you allow us to eliminate and re-eliminate someone who is actually never going to die from that, at least not until some 'secret thing happens'?  I wonder if you'd make them impossible to vote, instead of impossible to keep dead by elimination, if you went that route.

Please, what may we know about your design view on that?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 04, 2024, 03:18:35 am »

Frankly, as I see it, if I can't find a better lynch than you, and you're dumb enough to play anti-town-like games, seeing your flip and getting you back up if we can let you stay up is actually 'how to pin you to my satisfaction'.  You're real scummy to me.  And a total waste of time if you're town.  Why do you wanna be so scummy?  You and sof, man.  Making me use extra brain cells and ones I don't usually use.  My brain's got growin' pains and I have other stuff to Xanatos if you're town, sheesh.  But we've got a reasonable elim for you, if that makes you feel better or something.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 04, 2024, 03:31:28 am »

So, speaking as if ghost of christmas future here - I really, really hope you give me reason to change that 'eulogy'.  Because if you're town, scum is not playing around.  They got night game, and all they need is time.  We got work to do.  Gonna do any with us, or just make us waste some time on you, and it hurts us?

You usually play better than CM.  I'm sorry to point that out, but talking you out of a quiet 'self lynch' is... not something I expected to have any need to do.  You are fire.  You are spirit.  You are Max and you Spin.

I am not scum this game.  The game where I wanted you dead -no matter what- and dead D1 - Hi, scum me.  The me that wanted web dead this game - read web and reread web and said 'oh crap' and said why.  I don't need you dead, unless you're anti-town.  So... get to work or make me think you suck, if you flip town.

That's the biggest strike against you so far.  "Where's Max?  Umm, no, not that Max.  The Max I can win with?  The one that has a compatible wincon?"  And that's not about web.  That's more about D2.  Let's get our work done.  Don't coast.  Don't make me carry you.  You're Max Spin.  If you're town you should be carrying me, I whine.  I'm a newbie, my 12th game, I think.  Have I even played with town Max yet?  I don't remember doing so, except for that few hours before Tric restarted the game and it wasn't so anymore.  But I saw a pro-town-by-choice survivor-like Max.  I liked him.  Don't take this as a promise you live, but this is as open-hand-playing as I can be with you.  Every town death hurts me, I've got motive to selectively vote.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 04, 2024, 03:48:30 am »

You're not wrong. I feel like I've let town down already, even though I know in the end the fact that my vote was overruled means that it didn't actually hurt that badly. Then on top of that, I had a migraine for the past couple days that I might have triggered by staying up so late for the EOD post. I'm... somewhat better now, taking most of the day off helped, but now there's a lot of thread since the start of the in-game day which I've been checked out of, barely remember, and it's too much to process effectively. I've tried rereading from the start-of-day twice but just got bogged down and gave up. So yeah, my day game sucks right now, I'm trying to fix that.
The other thing that's driving me up the wall is these two new alleged chatrooms and not having any idea what's going on in them. I imagine you understand what I mean. These chatrooms contain the players I most want to reevaluate; but they can't all be scum, I assume, and I don't know how much I trust them to read each other. So far I like ToonyMan's d2 play in particular, and I'm a little biased toward giving him and EP the benefit of the doubt since it helps me feel better about my own mistake, but that doesn't mean I stop being worried that the daygame could be won or lost by arguments happening somewhere I can't even see.

Let me tell you a story about a game you probably didn't read: Fallacy's Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 was a series of short rounds with different roles and sometimes players, which I entered halfway after having taken a long break from mafia. In round 5, EuchreJack had a two-shot chat invitation ability, which he used on me n1, and on Toonyman n2. Webadict and Toonyman were the mafia. The exact way it went down is not really relevant, but Toonyman gave EuchreJack and me information in the chat, and even gifted EuchreJack an item, purely for the purpose of keeping us onside, and it worked, neither of us ever suspected either of them and town lost the game.

I don't mention this to imply that that's what's happening here, but it's on my mind. Too much, probably - my thought process in this game is too much stuck in the past.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 04, 2024, 03:53:33 am »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 04, 2024, 04:04:14 am »

Max, I'm mostly intending to let you Spin.  Reading you is gonna be one heck of a job for me.  Don't expect much sparring.

Rest of the class:  If I vote Max, it's because despite the Spin, I think at that time he's anti-town enough that he must be elim today.  Please consider and support me, I get tricked in likely opposite ways than you.  I won't be frantically upset about his elim if I don't agree with it unless something unexpected happens, but if he convinces you and I catch it's anti-town I'm gonna say 'I read web right and I carefully read Max and I think we need Max out, here's why.  I could be wrong, but I am sure'.

Max, don't even worry about that.  Do your best for your wincon.  I have to play both sides - encourage and remind.  As you reread me, (if you do, fine if not, focus where you think it helps your wincon) you'll see the pressure I put on Toons, EP, and EJ... And NJW, and others.  I'm pushy this role, I push stupid and anti-town stuff hard.  I'm actually trying to play massive softball with you, please take it that way, and respectfully.  I urged EP, Toons, and EJ to come out of their 'So, I cut my throat' stage as well.  See, I don't want town dead, I don't care if town makes mistakes - past the reaction it may take to stop mistakes I think are not pro-town enough to let continue.  But I'm calling for the death of the anti-town to me, or the highest probability of 'we need this one dead today.  If I was sure that was you, I would vote you already.  I am not a sadist, I'd rather dance in your hands than tell you to dance, long as you're calling a dance I enjoy.  I'm not even hunting your partner if you're scum.  I'll try for that if I see you're scum.  Instead, I pure-read you.  And I get, you don't pure read.  Perfect.  Because I don't do what you do.  So reading it will help me.  If your wincon's compatible with mine, I want you to win.  I'm the town that said "I remember sof's wincon".  you don't get town cred for attention to that, though I notice, you have a job to do, saving me from wasting a elim on you.  But if you're town, either I call for you to live, today at least, or I reread everything you say knowing you read teams and you told us all, maybe especially me, the best you could.  Don't flip at the 'today at least' - that's me to Toony too.

Okay.  No more encouragement or reminder.  But I will answer your questions or just provide information as I can and choose.

About those chats, you're in luck.

EJ shared part 1 and part 2.  We can all guess about the rest, we can even ask for more I bet.

EP shared this log.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 04, 2024, 04:06:29 am »

Hi Toons!

Reads come tomorrow.  I'm sleeping again soon.

Are you waiting for them before you do more yourself?

Love the art, thanks for meme-ing me.  Love to read more of your words when you post 'em, if you do.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2024, 04:08:23 am »

EBWOP reads claim tracking comes tomorrow.

Thing is... I don't think the claims of night actions help us super much here.  Some yes.  I'll definitely track it, for myself as well as you guys.  Kinda expect you guys tracking too, what you catch and miss is informative.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 04, 2024, 04:12:07 am »

Toonyman: Could you confirm that the chat-invite copy you got is what I said it is
Yes. It's called Town Hall and it has Chat and Cascade spheres. It's also a single target ability so if somebody uses a Wishbone on me this night I will target that other player with Town Hall instead.

NQT also mentioned earlier that the Mafiakill would count as something Wishbone would effect as long as the Mafiakill wasn't spent already. In other words this is evidence I'm probably not Quarque's killer because I would have killed FoU last night if NJW is telling the truth. I don't really understand what FoU did last night but if they had a single-target action it should have hit a random player last night.

Imp has written many words since my N1 claim guide request, however I don't see my request granted yet. Maybe FoU did claim their action that got randomized, I don't know.

Anyway, whatever, I think it's EuchreJack for reasons I have previously established, so screw you, NJW
I'm tempted to vote Jack here instead of Max. I like Max here. It's a hard decision.

If Jack is mafia then we'll probably have to lynch them twice unless someone can kill him. Waving the fact that D3 will be a repeat of D2 is not a defense and also doesn't say anything about their alignment. Although, I could see it as NQT making the game more balanced possibly, since FoU was tied to them and if they're both town it would cause a double town death if Jack were lynched. This would give a slight layer of protection to that.

I think we can deduce that Jack took Chat, Self-Preservation, and Kill as their Blue Spheres. Which means Limitation and Suspicious are their Red Spheres.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 04, 2024, 04:20:59 am »

Maybe FoU did claim their action that got randomized

FoU made a weird claim that I'd press in any other game.  Not sure the night matters so much here.

I will happily claim that my own night action is entirely confirmable, though. If anyone feels like they've been duped, please speak up. No need to fully explain, unless you have a good reason.

Nobody appears to have spoken up, but I'll state I'm not really counterclaiming FoU.  I also don't particularly believe anyone can only do one thing, and think it's risky to believe that about anyone.  But sure, for the sake of not making bad mistakes, I confirm FoU COULD have done something dupy to me, in a way I cannot confirm was FoU and cannot confirm choice of target should mean anything.  So it's not like FoU picked me, if I'm even confirming anything about FoU.

This game is so night game complex, I can't even confirm if I can confirm a thing I know something about, dang.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 04, 2024, 04:30:30 am »

Imp has written many words since my N1 claim guide request, however I don't see my request granted yet. Maybe FoU did claim their action that got randomized, I don't know.

also...

It might be 12-15 hours before I post the claims - maybe even 20 hours.

I never promised that I wouldn't post anything else before I did what you asked.  I gave a timeline when to expect them.  It's not even the earliest I predicted.

Plus you look townie doing work.

I will absolutely post claims-tracking.  Knowing I help scum as well as town when I do so.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 04, 2024, 04:32:49 am »

If Jack is mafia then we'll probably have to lynch them twice unless someone can kill him.
This is suggesting to me that I should not remove the kill sphere, which would neuter kills in transit.

I may be able to strip Day from Tric's kill if we trust him, but I think he would need to be able to attempt to use the ability tonight in its current form, which I assume can't be done since it's a day ability, for the change-while-used effect to happen. I'll still take any other requests, and I'm good with taking out kill if people would prefer to just neuter them and deal with multi-lynches in the Daytime. Or, you know, it's also possible I might just be dead before the night, I'll take that option too, lol.

Nobody appears to have spoken up, but I'll state I'm not really counterclaiming FoU.  I also don't particularly believe anyone can only do one thing, and think it's risky to believe that about anyone.  But sure, for the sake of not making bad mistakes, I confirm FoU COULD have done something dupy to me, in a way I cannot confirm was FoU and cannot confirm choice of target should mean anything.  So it's not like FoU picked me, if I'm even confirming anything about FoU.

This game is so night game complex, I can't even confirm if I can confirm a thing I know something about, dang.
Er, hold on, as I said, I thought FoU did the dupy thing to me. I got a free copy of one of my abilities. I think it would be a bad idea for me to use it at this juncture, though.
If that's anything like what happened to you, have we confirmed that the wishbone *overwrites* actions instead of *adding*? Because that sounds like Fallacy may have targeted both of us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 04, 2024, 04:33:43 am »

I think we can deduce that Jack took Chat, Self-Preservation, and Kill as their Blue Spheres. Which means Limitation and Suspicious are their Red Spheres.

That is correct.

On the bright side, Day 3 will have more info, as everyone will get to use there night actions again.

Although frankly, I should probably just log out for about a week and see if the game has progressed any, possibly from deadchat. 
Since actually participating in the game seems to be doing Jackshit.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153