Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58376 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #1890 on: February 07, 2024, 08:57:22 pm »

FoU, who supposedly dupped 'overpowered'.  Except, we see a flip of someone with overpowered, and I don't see a dup of overpowered.

I have no idea what the heck is up with that.

However, we can confirm that I did use Duplicate on Overpowered. You have the ability itself. What spheres does your ability that was duplicated have?

This Night I used Accelerate #2 on Cascade and Accelerate on Improvement. Those should be in the hands of other players, now. Accelerate is like Duplicate, but instead of duping an action, it makes an action Free.
I have cascade and can confirm I have gained an exhausted accelerate ability. But it didn't work in an intended way because my only ability with cascade on it is already free.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 07, 2024, 08:58:43 pm »

Sweet, can you share the spheres of Accelerate with the class, please?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 07, 2024, 09:01:41 pm »

To be clear here, the only abilities I have left are my transformed Auto, my Purple Chaos Emerald, and the Ritual Knife Elephant Parade gave me. I'd still rather not claim what the Auto does. It's still a drawback, just less so to me.

I mean, I'd like to think I'm a good enough player that if you defend yourself and are town, I'll at least have a chance to realize that I'm wrong, regardless of the quality of your argument. To me, this feels like you being scum, not having a good rebuttal, and avoiding the topic in hopes the conversation moves on to something else.

I don't have a defense, yes. I'm not scum, though. The way I see it, I can try to understand what I was thinking back in Day 1, then try to explain that to you, and you might not even care or believe me. I think you're town since it would be dumb for a scum role to be so self-destructive, but I don't think it's more helpful to try and convince you not to vote me, than it is for me to actually figure out who to use my own vote on.

If I do die, it's not a big loss for the town anyways, since I don't have any proper abilities left to use (see above), and since everyone has an opinion on me, it'll generate a lot of information.

So there's no real point in me defending myself. I can't change your mind. You're going to vote whoever you want to, at the end of the day and Day.

I don't really hold much hope in me swaying anyone in an aggressive case, either, but at least it'll be useful in the event of my death, unlike an attempted defense.
I have a lot of problems with this post, but here's the biggest: why are you so convinced you won't be able to change my mind?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 07, 2024, 09:02:48 pm »

Mostly extra actions.

Just remember, it's possible, if you made the right role/sphere choices, to have... kinda log growth of your actions per night.  And this can apply to scum if they made that choice.

There can be so much behind the scenes... I both want to say 'yes, let this game go to D20, it's gonna be so much fun at night!' and... scream in terror that it's already D3.

I had more than 2 actions last night, guys.  This is fine, I'm town and fluffy, I'm not even scary to scum unless I get really lucky.

But really, there's a chance we have anti-town Cthulhu of the 13 spheres and 25 actions per night out there, or growing into that.

I am not comfortable saying 'hey, we got control over this, let's just see what happens night after night, day after day, No Elim is fine, we're safe'.

I'd love that to be true.  I can't believe that's true.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 07, 2024, 09:02:57 pm »

My pm doesn't say that any of my abilities became free so I think that cascade is the sphere because it is the only ability that I have that is already free.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 07, 2024, 09:03:21 pm »

Fallacy, what spheres does the Ritual Knife have?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 07, 2024, 09:03:54 pm »

I think if this game is continuing because of a third mafia there is a 90% chance the third mafia is FoU.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 07, 2024, 09:05:22 pm »

Wait, I gained an exhausted version of Accelerate
Fallacy: Is that supposed to happen?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 07, 2024, 09:06:12 pm »

Can you confirm that you lost the airsoft rifle?

Yes.  I definitely targeted Tric to gain the airsoft rifle and mod confirms in my DM that I lost it.  Hopefully not a typo, my DM has two known and already corrected typos, poor really tired mod - but I love the game and we'll work through any typos, game is awesome!

But unless it's a typo, confirmed I lost the airsoft rifle.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 07, 2024, 09:07:05 pm »

FoU, get EP's consent before you answer that, as that contains information that told to class can risk EP, and yourself, since a mafiakill can potentially target those spheres.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 07, 2024, 09:08:11 pm »

CM:  This is FoU's consent for you to share the spheres on the accelerate #2 ability you gained - which if you are willing, will help answer more than one question and may help me suspect FoU less.

It also increases the odds that I recharge that for you, so you can move it on again.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 07, 2024, 09:09:38 pm »

I have a lot of problems with this post, but here's the biggest: why are you so convinced you won't be able to change my mind?

Because I can't change anyone's mind? Never works out for me. I'm not persuasive in a mafia-game context.

I don't know what it'll take to change that, but it hasn't happened so far.

I would answer that, but Imp doesn't want me to. Toony should also have a Knife and know what the spheres are, though.

My pm doesn't say that any of my abilities became free so I think that cascade is the sphere because it is the only ability that I have that is already free.

No, I mean, can you share the spheres that the ability Accelerate has? Obviously I can say them, but it's only verifiable if multiple people claim it.

Wait, I gained an exhausted version of Accelerate
Fallacy: Is that supposed to happen?

Presumably you got the one-shot free version that was created by Duplicate, and I used up.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 07, 2024, 09:11:45 pm »

Presumably you got the one-shot free version that was created by Duplicate, and I used up.

This is perfect, in my eyes.  If it says #2, then it is a copy.  And knowing the spheres on it - not what it probably targeted, but what is on the ability itself, answers some questions, and potentially puts you at some risk, but hopefully not much since many people appear to share those spheres still (at least the two that got the accelerate and its copy).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 07, 2024, 09:12:53 pm »

Great, that means you can't cheat out of it if all three of you know.

The idea is thus. Role Detection > Uncertainty > Chat > Limitation > Convolution > Kill. Otherwise know as the SK that kills Chat. You can see the issue right? Toony, as a question to you, when do you think this game would have normally managed to kill most of the scum if webadict got away, an estimation?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 07, 2024, 09:14:27 pm »

Just remembered the magic marker can change item names, but the odds of it or another item that can do the same trick being involved long enough to change the name of the ability... it's possible but I put it at possibly low to very low chance.

Would have required FoU being able to change the ability name before sending it on.  I can't rule it out, but it's not looking likely.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 153