Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58922 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1680 on: February 05, 2024, 01:26:58 pm »

The main issue I have is the middle line can be read two ways. The one you're reading, or NJW simply discussing a past point. (Being 'why give it to you last night instead of someone else.')
Got it.  I'm not god.  I don't know.  I only want anti-town dead, big time this game.  We seriously need to not give anti-town time.

I can kinda read it both ways, and it hurts that I have absolutely zero meta read of NJW.  Rereading past games is not the same, I need to push through the interaction myself.  But the fact that it matches 'scum omg scum' is poo.  Why be so scum, so many times, so much waffle... there's other ways to achieve the same ends.  Maybe that's NJW.  The very little meta I tried to scan for, I don't get that.

But I can't be bribed.  And when have we **ever** had a game where the mafiakill could be controlled like this?  Maybe we have.  I've not seen or read it.  But I did think your question nqt answered was absolutely garbage in the water, for whatever that's worth.

NQT, can the Mafiakill kill mafia, and/or be redirected onto the user themselves? Last I checked, the mafiakill usually can't kill mafia.
Yes, I'm not aware of any game on this subforum where a mafiakill can't kill mafia if redirected etc.. Certainly mafiakills killing mafia is a possibility in this game.

I don't want you to waste time proving you checked and found that mafiakills usually can't kill mafia.  I think you're doing I don't know what, but play anti-town games, win anti-town prizes.  Especially with Robin Hood the Secret Santa in play.  Not that I can do much to you except not help you.  And I'm not sure enough not to help you.  But come on, Tric.  People yell at me for honest, based on what seems to me to be fact questions on potentially real what ifs.

Everyone tells me that's scummy.  I don't understand.  It's hard for me to see that you really thought that thing you claim, I know of many mafia games where mafia killed mafia.  You and I played together in FBYOR, where that happened N1, I suppose you claim that since you died D1 you have no idea, and you've never run into the idea before despite it happening before (I can find at least one right now).  So, should I read your question as scum, as so many read my honest questions about what ifs as scum?  It isn't a scumtell from me.

That's for others.  I can't read that as scum, looks like Tric playing 'protect mafia', which I guess is a null tell from Tric.

What else can I do to help you understand and get useful, pro-town information?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 05, 2024, 01:35:37 pm »

(Being 'why give it to you last night instead of someone else.')

My thoughts:

Nobody wants to hold the Page and die with it, though maybe someone can be bullied into doing so (We lynch you tomorrow if you don't hold the Page.  If you're town, hold it and die that way, free the lynch for us to take out someone maybe not town - and that's a pretty nice scumplay too).

However, NJW volunteered, and took it, and kept it, until he heard more and went all squirrel after hearing more.

Ignoring NJW silliness entirely.  I see two 'good' uses of the dagger.

1) I take it out of play.  Let's forget that for now.

2) The rest of you, not including me, pass it around like a hot potato.  It eats actions, if give happens to cost that person an action.  Maybe 'we' agree someone dies with it to take it out of play or is tomorrow's lynch.  I'm not sure enough of scum to do that, also, I'm glad we didn't give scum web with that flip even 1 more night and the chance to talk during the day (I don't know why I didn't die last night, but I had the Page.  I didn't die.  I don't know why someone else did/nobody did, but really, I can trade it, I have the Page!  And I didnt die!  I can't explain why!  But look in the corner, maybe there's scum there!).

If more than 4 of you wanna do that with the page, sure.  But do we 'free' NJW from his stupid scum game yesterday and today?  I say no.

But if half of the players in play say they wanna keep tossing that Page between themselves, sure.  If it ends up in my hands (totally possible) I'll be sure to offer it in trade that day for whomever wants to pass it around the next night.

Which idea do you like better, if it's not used as NJW originally requested?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 05, 2024, 01:37:51 pm »

Just remembered, everyone can trade it.  If you wanna use it as a trade item, a less action-eating give, it also 'neuters' the Page from what we've been told.  I will never try to take it.  I will put it back in play if it ends up in my hands, if at least half of you want it that way.  Totally cool with me.  Except I really see anti-town squirrel in NJW's mess about it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 05, 2024, 01:38:54 pm »

Honestly this day has gone on for long enough I just want it to end. It's just that in day 1 there was one interaction where I went 'that can't be mafia NJW.' It was too quick a response. You have to break that, and sad to say. You can't Imp. You need solid proof NJW is mafia, not just speculation and reasoning.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty convincing. But I'm not someone to shift out of gear when there are clearly more scummy targets to lynch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 05, 2024, 01:40:20 pm »

NJW keeps the page, protects themselves, and we don't see a kill tonight. That's probably their action. If the page ends up in someone else hands, then there is a problem.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 05, 2024, 01:44:38 pm »

It's on page 27. Might have misremembered it. But rereading that post... It just doesn't feel scummy to me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 05, 2024, 01:45:25 pm »

NJW keeps the page, protects themselves, and we don't see a kill tonight. That's probably their action. If the page ends up in someone else hands, then there is a problem.

No argument.  I still have serious, top level concern about NJW being anti-town.  I have no idea about Max.  I know what I'ma think and feel and do if I see pro town or anti town flip from anyone who goes.

Few of you pros saw web as scum D1 either.  Glad I got help to get that elim down.  Wonder how bad it'll suck tonight.  I want to see an anti-town flip so bad, and I think there's one in NJW.

That said, you all do what you do.

If we have someone who explodes into a hammer, it's not me, today.  And I don't know that I can ever do that, but I think anything but alignment change can happen to any of us this game.

And I think about who benefits from Max dead, especially if Max flips not mafia.  If Max is independent anti-town, I am thrilled for the flip and want him gone.  But if that happened, his protect of web is nai.

Tric, others, what's your actual case on Max again?

I'd like to read them all again after we see Max's flip, so please, all of you post your case on Max, you who vote him now. Why is he anti-town to you again?  To me he's null.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 05, 2024, 01:47:19 pm »

It's on page 27. Might have misremembered it. But rereading that post... It just doesn't feel scummy to me.

With 25 messages per page?

if so, this.

I dislike this readlist for some reason. Maybe it's that towniness seems to be roughly inversely correlated with sensibility and activity.
Like I said, our playstyles really don't agree. Some of what I wrote is based on intuition, and yep, sometimes I think someone's town based on unhelpful behaviour. When EJ sounds calm and systematic, it's generally bad news.

To be honest, the most frustrating thing about your posting that is the way you quoted everything but the spoiler tags.

I feel it's time to point out to NJW that my double lynch would work if I was Mafia. In that it would recharge if I manage to lynch mafia. And I said it wouldn't recharge if mafia got hit. (But that would be the lie, ensuring towniness and a likely spot in end game.) Asssuming Mafia wouldn't have something isn't quite correct. For all you know I'm completely lying and just have a day mafiakill with weird mechanics.

As for the vote, I think you're coasting along. And web is always talkative.
I... uh... ok? After reading that several times, I kinda see your point about me not knowing how the elimination power works, but I stand by my read.

Yeah, the FoU vote is based on a boring thing. But everything he's posted is either bland and descriptive or basically conversation. His main contribution so far is "Max isn't being very productive" and "sofanthiel is flailing around madly"... which may be true, but is not good enough for someone with FoU's chaotic catgirl energy. If this was EP's main contribution D1, then maybe that would get a pass, but FoU is required to have ideas, or gut instincts, or something.

Are you... townreading someone from a single D1 post and not gonna consider anything else and we hug and love the townie, believable, knows the mafiakill can never kill mafia Tric for this, right?

I don't mean to insult you, but what the bleep are you doing except trying to feed me poison candy?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 05, 2024, 01:51:58 pm »

Actually, that reminds me:

NJW: "If this was EP's main contribution D1, then maybe that would get a pass", "slightly boring town meta"—what's with the digs?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 05, 2024, 02:03:41 pm »

Actually, that reminds me:

NJW: "If this was EP's main contribution D1, then maybe that would get a pass", "slightly boring town meta"—what's with the digs?
When I read NJW's posts I hear them as a grumpy British person.

I'm going to hammer Max tonight if nothing important happens. If he's town then I think mafia are somewhere in FoU/Elephant. If he's town then Jack can try to kill me if he wants. I don't really feel like suspecting Jack right now.

I don't agree with players such as Max/Elephant/Imp that think NJW is scummy.

I think mafia!Max would definitely just say Jack feels like mafia, which I would buy into here. I think Max's case on NJW isn't very good when comparing it with my own analysis.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 05, 2024, 02:06:28 pm »

Shouldn't you want EJ not to kill you to increase the chance of the page working and soft-clearing NJW?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 05, 2024, 02:07:55 pm »

In fact, if EJ kills you, there's a chance his kill will go to NJW, which is horrible if you think he's town. What the hell, Toonyman?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 05, 2024, 02:08:02 pm »

And are you just flat out ignoring my request for your reasons why he's scum, not NAI, Toons?  You can do that any time before you vote him, fine with me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 05, 2024, 02:09:45 pm »

Shouldn't you want EJ not to kill you to increase the chance of the page working and soft-clearing NJW?
Yep. I warned Jack that if he does want to kill me then he's giving mafia a 50% chance of getting their pick.

As a side note if it is three mafia then Max/FoU makes sense to me because Max would be curing their buddy of love-sickness while also looking like a helpful townie. Although this isn't strong evidence against FoU as Max likes to butter town up when mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 05, 2024, 02:11:11 pm »

In fact, if EJ kills you, there's a chance his kill will go to NJW, which is horrible if you think he's town. What the hell, Toonyman?
Sorry, give me a break.

And are you just flat out ignoring my request for your reasons why he's scum, not NAI, Toons?  You can do that any time before you vote him, fine with me.
I don't feel like doing anything for you today.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 153