Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59131 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1665 on: February 05, 2024, 12:28:30 pm »

Exile seemed just a step away...

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [4] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack, TricMagic
- NJW2000 - [2] FallacyofUrist, Imp
- Toonyman
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT, in approximately 28.5 hours.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass
NJW2000:Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1666 on: February 05, 2024, 12:35:22 pm »

Whoever we flip better be anti-town.  If we see town Max, I'm pissed that I don't get town-Max's help the rest of the game.  Max sucks as anti-town, but he's probably pretty flippin' useful as town.

I don't know.  People who want Max dead include everyone who wants kills to stay in the game, plus CM.

CM, I asked for your vote before.  Whatcha gonna do?

What's everyone else gonna do?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 05, 2024, 12:40:20 pm »

Also, if we see town flip on Max, huge increase in the odds I simply eat the apple.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 05, 2024, 12:45:03 pm »

Given the apple will rot, is there a point to keeping it?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 05, 2024, 12:45:51 pm »

I can keep the apple and prevent it from rotting.  I can do other things with it too.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 05, 2024, 12:48:58 pm »

I don't know if anyone wants to discuss if they have the sphere protection.  I can see a LOT of reasons not to.

However, we all know from the flip:

[Night][Item][Fruit] (Protection) Apple: You may Eat this apple as a free action. You are protected from all (Kill) and (Mafiakill) sphere actions on the phase you eat the apple. This item will rot away and be unusable by the end of the next night if you are still holding it.

I can do many things with this, including the obvious.  If I eat it, it'll function normally for me.  I can do other stuff.

One of the things I wanted to do, and with my mindset the most tempting thing to do, is actually retain it unused tonight (I can do that under some circumstances) then tomorrow trade or (my preference) give it to someone I trust a lot, and dup the protection sphere.  That ensures the free dup passes to a person with protection sphere, which might actually just be the person who has the apple, if nobody else has protection, it would have to go to them.  That would mean person would have two apples and the free dup ability, unless there's other protection sphere folks, then apple person only maybe has the dup.  I'd want the person to trade me back the apple that day, but it would be their choice.

I'm pretty sure some folks want me dead if they can work it.  So I probably won't be duping the apple.

But since I have no further reason to hide that I have the dup, and I presume my claims are not terrifying to everyone as super-strong town or whatever else you fear I may be.  I'm useful, that's it, power wise.  I make you better, and that goes for all of you.  It's better for me the more of you are alive, (but that's secondary for me, and I don't mean wincon, anti-town gotta go) and better for you if I choose to help you, I'll get better at helping as time goes on.  My help can be weird, look weird.  I understand how to control my controlable abilities and how to prevent activation of my uncontrolable ones (they're fine if not activated, and I think I can control that).

I'm kinda a mix between Robin Hood and Secret Santa, in terms of what I do.

I make no promises of what I do with that apple.  Or what I might do with it later, if it is not eaten.  Except I promise, I won't let it rot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 05, 2024, 12:53:59 pm »

Also, looks like there's a banana in play.  Based on qua's roleflip, seems 2 missing apples (I know I have one, I wonder if I was forcefed the other), and looks like a missing banana.

I have no particular interest in the banana.  But if someone chooses to give me the banana tonight for whatever weird reason, I'll make sure that doesn't rot either.  I don't make any claims about if it only is preserved while in my care or if I can make a 'dried apple' or something for anyone.  I make those decisions, it's not pro-town to know.

But if someone has a banana, doesn't choose to eat it, and chooses to pass it to me, I'm not sure what to do with it, don't really want it, but I can certainly keep it from rotting, and I swear I won't let it rot.  Otherwise, I have no interest in the banana, and I don't know where it is or how it got there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 05, 2024, 12:54:49 pm »

On another perspective I jut had. 'Prevent future nightkills.' You take it to be scum phrasing, but wouldn't that just mean they eat the apple tonight, and then use their ability the next night?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 05, 2024, 01:05:28 pm »

If NJW is scum, most likely partners are somewhere between Tric, Toons, EJ, no particular order, not that I read groups well.

If Max is scum, I have no idea who third partner is.  I presume we face 3 anti-town, no idea if they're all scum.

CM:  Probably town.

EP:  Probably town.

NJW:  I really wish was town, but the anti-town is strong.

EJ:  Way too interested in being able to have kill sphere and have toony and get EP and probably get more.  Small dreams, one step at a time, doesn't seem mafia but serial killer working on a killer chat, I wonder.  Or Mafia hiding mafia by enjoying sharing dreams of focus of kill toony when and iff.  Or town doing that.  Ehh.  Not strong anti-town, just strong anti-toony.  I think the apple fixation that one showed was 'omg imp's gonna save toony with it'.  Nah.  1st, I can't forcefeed.  2nd, I have larger dreams, and Toons could be scum.  But if he's pro-town I really want him alive, same with you, just please stop playing dumb games before tsunami superfree action anti-town eat us all, cause if that's our scum we have little time left.

FoU:  Can't read that person.  Their night claim proves an action was used, maybe.  Also proves they had zero control of who benefited except themself, and they chose to empower the most dangerous and powerful power in the game, which helps everyone... and that we know web had it and is dead, maybe helps town more than anti-town.  I have no idea.  I can't read them.  Hope to read strong pro-town in the future!

Max:  Can't read him.  If he's anti-town and we flip him, thank you all.  Thing is, he looks as anti-town as everyone who 'protected' or didn't push for web.  If that's the reason, NAI and useful for the real anti-town.  Cause if Max is town, he wants to save max but needs to kill anti-town.  If I was anti-town, I want Max dead, more than anyone else in play.  Max can probably read me real.  Wish I could do the same.

Tric:  Playing Tric games, mix of pro-town/maybe anti-town.  Enough pro-town for me to be semi-okay.  Still getting my future help or some of it, if I have a future. 

Toony:  Earth to Toony.  I bet you're getting your head kicked in everywhere you chat.  Good luck, hope you're town, do good town stuff whatever you're doing.

May the mod have mercy on us all.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 05, 2024, 01:05:51 pm »

On another perspective I jut had. 'Prevent future nightkills.' You take it to be scum phrasing, but wouldn't that just mean they eat the apple tonight, and then use their ability the next night?

Sure.  What about all the rest of their scum phrasing?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 05, 2024, 01:08:55 pm »

Presuming we flip Max and see anti-town, and game isn't over.

I go into N2 very relieved.  I'm relieved with any anti-town, the scary ones more than the rest, but they're all superbad to me.  The odds of my not eating the apple increase, but I still might.

Presuming we flip Max and see pro-town, well game ain't over.  Now we lost Max, who wasn't anti-town.  And we probably have scum in control of that Page.  I'm probably eating apple.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 05, 2024, 01:11:17 pm »

Imp, I’m skimming 60% of what you post. First I’ve seen of this ability to specifically upgrade stuff is Tric’s post.

I don’t know what you mean about questions for NQT. I asked about you being willing to take the bible page even though it may not draw the kill to you, when there is the option to block the kill n3 by giving both to idk, Crystallized or whatever.

I can’t be certain I’ll block the kill. But there’s a pretty good chance. This is all I can know.
I assume it's this post you're talking about?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 05, 2024, 01:13:11 pm »

Imp, I’m skimming 60% of what you post. First I’ve seen of this ability to specifically upgrade stuff is Tric’s post.

I don’t know what you mean about questions for NQT. I asked about you being willing to take the bible page even though it may not draw the kill to you, when there is the option to block the kill n3 by giving both to idk, Crystallized or whatever.

I can’t be certain I’ll block the kill. But there’s a pretty good chance. This is all I can know.
I assume it's this post you're talking about?

Way more than that.  I've discussed in the last few hours.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 05, 2024, 01:14:44 pm »

But that one is extra horribad.

Why/how can we get the page to CM for functional use N3, without having it not in use at all N2?  If it's traded today OR given or otherwise moved tonight, from what we have been told about it, it won't 'do its job', it'll be like N1 was.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 05, 2024, 01:18:01 pm »

The main issue I have is the middle line can be read two ways. The one you're reading, or NJW simply discussing a past point. (Being 'why give it to you last night instead of someone else.')
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 153