Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59077 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1635 on: February 04, 2024, 11:18:28 pm »

Phone. Checked on a whim before sleep. Max, why does this look like I'd wake up to find the lynch over and town dead?
Well, gee, I don't know why given that I specifically cited not wanting anyone to freak out about hammers when I unvoted, yet here you are doing it anyway. Nobody's even at L-2 right now, I'm pretty sure, except possibly me.

Anyway, I remember that I'd said earlier that I townread NJW because I didn't think NJW would have bussed webadict like that, because NJW, as I put it, "hates fun". Well, that's true, but, in rereading d1, I realized that I was wrong to have it in my head that NJW had ever bussed webadict in the first place.
Instead, NJW just constantly acted OKAY with a webadict lynch in theory, in a very distancey, playing-it-safe way that I would entirely expect from NJW, but never once put a vote on that until the end of the day when it was a done deal. So why does anyone townread NJW again?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 04, 2024, 11:19:55 pm »

Because I find other people more deserving of suspicion?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 04, 2024, 11:20:34 pm »

That's not a reason to townread someone, that's just a reason to prioritize.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 04, 2024, 11:23:37 pm »

CM, check everything out, please.  Explore, question, learn.  But when it is time, and before day end.

D1, you helped me.  D2, please consider helping me again the same way?  I'm equally sure, for all I could be wrong. The evidence is as strong - or stronger.  If I don't change my vote, when its time will you please seriously consider joining me again?

That said, NJW.  This is a lot of evidence.  If I misunderstand, get in here and save your town self.  I will absolutely listen.  Misunderstandings and confusions happen. I do not want pro-town dead.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: February 04, 2024, 11:27:27 pm »

EBWOP, and sorry for yet again double posting.

NJW, you've never played beside me before.  What best convinces me is explaining your choices and thoughts, as you made them.  You did X because you thought Y.  Step by step.

If you feel town to me, I move to protect you.  If you are town, be clear, specific, and explain your choices regarding what you said about the page, every thing you said about it, your waffles, and why you didn't take my townie outs and still waffle.  There may be discussion.  There may be a lot of discussion.  If there's a time of day that works best for you, great.  Tell me and I'll be sure to be there for it (hope you don't pick 4 AM my time, if you do, you're worth it in case you're town).

I don't care how scummy you look.  I only want anti-town dead.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 04, 2024, 11:46:08 pm »

An aside from me for various players, especially EuchreJack:

If you're town, you can work with any town player. Don't just be like "ugh, you won't understand, I'm going to go sulk". You've still got to put in the effort. Believe me, I was plenty annoyed with Imp earlier after the whole "death dance" post, but I made myself get over it. Why? Because I'm town, so I have common ground with any town player, and I have to look for it no matter what if I want to win. You gotta do the work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: February 05, 2024, 03:17:00 am »

@Max: Would you mind actually voting NJW?

By my count, that would put NJW and yourself at L-2.  Toonyman and Elephant parade are in a private chat, and can then decide to end the day if they so choose.

I'll even remove my threat of shooting Toonyman, and commit to adding Elephant Parade to my chat.

I tend to believe in NJW as town, but I thought the same about Web. Happy to be wrong and see scum get lynched.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: February 05, 2024, 03:39:41 am »

Yeah, thinking ahead.  Presuming we go to D3, EJ, you face a me, if you and I are alive.

If you flip Toons and game isn't over, now I don't have to worry about if Toons is anti-town, no matter how he flips.

He's part of your ablative armor.  I really, really don't want to see any pro-town die.  But no matter what your alignment is, precious EuchreJack... every player alive is someone I might decide failed the townie test more than you.  If I move off NJW today it is because he convinces me he's town, or because some idiot decides to reveal to me that it is them who is the anti-town Cthulhu of 13 spheres and 25 actions.  I don't know that is the role, or the number of spheres or number of actions.  But I'm hoping it isn't even worse than that.

While you play games of your dreams, this game I stare at the chance that there could be unlimited actions.  In the hands of anti-town.  I'm cool, I 'play'.  Robin Hood the Secret Santa, more or less - facing what could be Cthulhu who knows how to design a role even better than me.  What I asked for is useless.  All I got to fight scum is words, whoops.  'Scottish Novelist'?  No.  But I feel like I am finding out if the pen's mightier than the sword, because most of you asked for swords.  We literally may not have time to mess around and play this game, no matter how fun it seems to play.

Play to your wincon.  I literally don't have time to judge you by anything else.  If the game's designed so you're anti-town and have to die more than once, EJ, I'm gonna relax a little, that sounds like playtime, running you through the lynch a few times while gifts pop up wherever they do, good and bad, and I get to trade a little and fix a few problems (I created them, sure, but I can fix 'em) while we watch whatever color EJ turns each time we rinse him through the elim again.  That's actually the game I wish I could play.

Instead, nqt kindly designed me a role that gives me what I asked for and shows me how dangerous this game is, and events showed me what random can do atop that.  Alright, we're in a nightmare, and there's no stopping it except elim (or kill?) the scum and end this dream before it is crushed.  This game I'd otherwise enjoy taking to N20... I actually wish we could have ended it N2 with a town win and fond thoughts of what could have been if only the game went a little longer, we were so close to our powers.... no no.  Now think about the anti-town and what they're wishing.  We ain't got time for feuds, unless you'd rather feud than not lose.

So, town you, I could even thank for solving Toony.  But if solving Toony doesn't end the game, maybe solving EJ does.  I wonder what will read as anti-town tomorrow, if we have to step through this gate of wonder/hell into D3, for those of us that make it that far.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: February 05, 2024, 04:05:34 am »

But what I really want to do, townies and non-anti-town, is say, 'Um, wake up?  Help?'

MS, you and items.  Do you have any general issues with items beyond you don't change them?  Can you use them normally and such?  I'd prefer a form of 'that wouldn't be pro-town to answer' to a lie - and truth otherwise, but I'm absolutely not gonna press you on this answer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: February 05, 2024, 04:13:47 am »

@Max:
I got the exact opposite impression of NJW when I reread D1. In fact, they're the player I felt the strongest about on my reread. I couldn't tell who was Web's ally, but what I could tell was that NJW was not mafia.

Why would NJW willingly want my Bible Page? It would hamper him every night in this game now. And if he tries to get rid of it then we'll know because another player will receive it and tell everybody that NJW is scum.

Secondly, it's a fact that NJW has a second wincon because no other player has counterclaimed. I have proof there's only one second wincon. I also do not believe NJW is lying about what their wincon is because if so they've been keeping the charade up since D1 when they desired my Bible Page so that mafia would be forced to target him. These are the actions of someone who has the second wincon they have claimed.

I believe NJW is town here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 05, 2024, 04:19:48 am »

@Jack:
Both of my statements are accurate. I didn't feel like you cared about Web or Sofanthiel getting lynched during EoD1 (I even said it during D1 when I saw you making jokes), but at the same time you'll suddenly get in a tissy fit and yell how everyone fucking sucks and then self-vote before immediately unvoting and getting on with your life...wait a minute you did the exact same thing in FBYOR6...as town...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1646 on: February 05, 2024, 05:10:27 am »

After what felt like eternity, one of the electors banged a hand on the desk.

"Half way through the session! Only another 36 hours and then someone is exiled."

"Unless we draw the vote," says another.

"Unless we draw the vote."

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] TricMagic,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [3] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack
- NJW2000 - [2] FallacyofUrist, Imp
- Toonyman
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT, in approximately 36 hours.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass
NJW2000:Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 05, 2024, 06:14:24 am »

I have a job and thus don't really have time for this, but oh well. Sunk cost fallacy.

Oh wow, Max likes the wagon, that's so weird and unexpected

Imp doesn't seem to have actually read my post and thought about it. He just says here that I explored an idea and thus tried to do it.

Nice big posts talking about their attitude to me and everything but basically nothing on my post

Well great

Wishbone talk - I get an extra wishbone after giving one away, nobody else does. I would expect there to be two wishbones in play, as mine seems to have been stolen/swapped.

Quote from: FoU
Yeah, I don't have a case on you. Not yet, at least. Ironically, my vote on you was intended to say 'step it up a notch'. You never seriously pushed anyone on Day 1. So let's see if you can do that now, hm?
Then say "step it up a notch". Pressure voting me when I looked like an incredibly unlikely elim just made you look dumb. As does having to explain your vote.

It takes dozens of pages of thread to get my questions answered, and I'm barely keeping up with activity. I've basically given up aggressively pushing people this game, I'm fine with working out who the scum are and just voting them out. Preferably after stopping the nightkill. It's working fine with Max.

Imp

If you have further questions, I'm really going to have to see that you've read, digested and understood the above before going through it again.

I'm finding it harder and harder to give a shit about any of this, so here's my reads in case I can't be arsed to post again for the remainder of the day.

I think Max is probably mafia. He worked with Web D1, said he'd sheep someone today, and immediately leapt on my wagon when Imp turned. If not, it's Toony + FoU.

I think Toony's discussion and actions have been mostly unhelpful thus far, indicating scum, but I can see this as town getting taken in by webadict and the allure of mechanical speculation, both have happened to Toony before.

I think FoU's reads have been unhelpful, dubious and basically contentless thus far, but could see him being... idk, town playing badly and obsessively tunneling Toony to a degree that's unhelpful even if scum!Toony?

Pretty sure it's in those three. Please act accordingly.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: February 05, 2024, 08:28:40 am »

I'm not very awake, haven't read deeply.  I'll provide quotes if desired later.  I'll read deeply later, and discuss if my ideas have changed after a 'Imp is actually awake' read.

Every move NJW makes to even suggest giving the page to anyone looks scum to me.

D1 he said don't bother to protect him 'tonight' - that's when it hadn't been clarified 'in thread' what the page actually does.  He even jokes that I think the Page can be handed off like a bomb.

Based on what Toons told us about it, that was all I could ask about.  What Toons initially said, it is a handable-off bomb.  Course, if Toons and NJW are the other two scum, they both know how it works.

When I pushed for Toons to properly question about it, it was revealed that it is a full 'have for a day and night' bomb before it arms.  So moving it at all means it doesn't control N1 - but if the person who has it N1 keeps it past N2, it works for N2.

I urged NJW, when he saw it to make a decision.  He needs to commit to keep it or give it to me N1 (cost him an action, probably), or trade it to me tomorrow (doesn't cost anyone an action).  Why give it to me?  So I can remove it from the game.  Otherwise, someone's passing it around or dying.  It's going to be mostly town probably moving it, I think, so no advantage to having a 'hot potato' like that.  If it's not drawing the nightkill on purpose, why keep it in play - and he said don't even protect him.

Start of D2, he doesn't want to give up the Page.  He doesn't even mention trading the Page until I mention the apple.  Wrong moves.  10,000x negative town cred.

Last thing he says before I call to kill him is this absolute garbage plan of setting up so that CrystalizedMire has Page and apple N3.  That means no protection for anyone N2.  He had multiple townie outs.  He rejected them all.  He 'should' be able to handle drawing that nightkill, he said so himself and avoided any reasonable option to give or trade it before he heard 'apple'.

Also, he could have given it last night to anyone but me.  That person, if they had held it all day and through N2, would be a sacrifice - and I could have considered making sure they get the apple, maybe they get it in time to use it, though none of us knew the possible option N1.  But no, he held it, and made statements early D2 that he should continue to hold it.  Until he heard apple, flippin' scum.

It's very unfortunate.  Scum team probably is NJW and Toons.  I highly recommend elim NJW today and while I'm less sure of Toons, there's far too much 'this looks real' evidence.  If NJW actually isn't scum, there's no extra chance Toons is scum, same as Toons himself said.

And he didn't explain why he felt the wishbone use that he may have used an action on (or may cover himself with as a free action we can see) was more important than moving the apple off him.  Something he didn't even appear to consider doing until he heard 'apple', as in N3 have CM with page and apple.

Nah, this is scum that wants free nightkill without us wondering why.

Let's get him out of Sherwood Forest, Merry Men and... remaining enemies.

If not, I'll Xanatos something.  Working on it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 05, 2024, 08:55:04 am »

@Max:
I got the exact opposite impression of NJW when I reread D1. In fact, they're the player I felt the strongest about on my reread. I couldn't tell who was Web's ally, but what I could tell was that NJW was not mafia.

Why would NJW willingly want my Bible Page? It would hamper him every night in this game now. And if he tries to get rid of it then we'll know because another player will receive it and tell everybody that NJW is scum.

Secondly, it's a fact that NJW has a second wincon because no other player has counterclaimed. I have proof there's only one second wincon. I also do not believe NJW is lying about what their wincon is because if so they've been keeping the charade up since D1 when they desired my Bible Page so that mafia would be forced to target him. These are the actions of someone who has the second wincon they have claimed.

I believe NJW is town here.
One less post I have to make. It just doesn't make any sense for NJW to be mafia here. At worst they're TP, but  don't quite believe that either. Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is they're not mafia.

If I were to throw out my town read on them, I'd be wanting a double lynch today. another will die today

If you wanted any more proof I don't have that ability right now. Oh I wish I did.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 153