Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58320 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1605 on: February 04, 2024, 05:25:00 pm »

BIG DUMB IDIOT GUIDE TO WISHBONE

1. Target two players
2. If both players have a single-target ability (including the mafiakill), they target each other
3. If only one player has a single-target ability then THAT player will target a random player in the game instead, and the way it's phrased makes me think it will be with the single-target ability they picked, it just becomes randomized

In other words, the Wishbone either makes two players target each other with a random single-target ability they have OR it randomizes one of those players.
Okay, you realize none of this says that the actions the players intentionally took CHANGE, right? It just says that the targets ALSO do another ability, either on each other or on a random target if only one can do it. It's effectively an uncontrollable multi-action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 04, 2024, 05:33:07 pm »

The wishbone randomizes the target of the target if the target doesn't have a single target ability. My thwart ability uses the stolen item and randomizes the target.
Are you saying that you also used the Wishbone you stole from me on N1 the same night you stole it? Because that's going to be a massive headache.
Yes. I thought that I made it clear.
Sorry, nothing about this game is clear. I also find myself saying the same thing five times just like yourself.

Who do you think your Wishbone targeted? I was thinking maybe yourself and Elephant since you stole Elephant's Family Jewels as well, but I don't understand how this second Wishbone would resolve. Would it happen at the same time, or afterwards?

Okay, you realize none of this says that the actions the players intentionally took CHANGE, right? It just says that the targets ALSO do another ability, either on each other or on a random target if only one can do it. It's effectively an uncontrollable multi-action.
Oh. I understand. This means myself or FoU could still be Quarque's killer, among other things. For some reason I was under the impression it would replace your action, but you're right I think it just does it ontop of everything else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 04, 2024, 05:46:21 pm »

If Max is town:

One (and only one) of Jack/FoU is mafia and killed Quarque OR Elephant is mafia and killed Quarque. It probably wasn't Crystal and I really don't think it was NJW/Tric/Imp.

If Max is mafia and the game doesn't end:

Either mafia are all dead or there's one left. Imp is probably anti-town 3P I guess with the wincon of making every player want to die instead of play the game. They wouldn't need a secondary wincon sphere, Sofanthiel did not have one.

I'm not really feeling Max or Elephant as mafia here. And Jack hasn't cared about this game, including Webadict getting lynched on D1.

I want FoU to explain themselves more now that I understand NJW targeting me and FoU isn't a soft clear.

@FoU:
Who did you intend to target on N1 and what was your thought process in doing so?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 04, 2024, 05:59:03 pm »

The wishbone randomizes the target of the target if the target doesn't have a single target ability. My thwart ability uses the stolen item and randomizes the target.
Are you saying that you also used the Wishbone you stole from me on N1 the same night you stole it? Because that's going to be a massive headache.
Yes. I thought that I made it clear.
Sorry, nothing about this game is clear. I also find myself saying the same thing five times just like yourself.

Who do you think your Wishbone targeted? I was thinking maybe yourself and Elephant since you stole Elephant's Family Jewels as well, but I don't understand how this second Wishbone would resolve. Would it happen at the same time, or afterwards?
I already proposed that I think me and Elephant were targeted.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 04, 2024, 06:02:37 pm »

@FoU:
I wouldn't mind knowing who your intended target was suppose to be, care to share FoU?
I want FoU to explain themselves more now that I understand NJW targeting me and FoU isn't a soft clear.

@FoU:
Who did you intend to target on N1 and what was your thought process in doing so?

I targeted the sphere of Overpowered. Barring shenanigans, it should be very clear to precisely one player what I did, and there'll be hints of it elsewhere. I targeted it because I guessed that it'd be popular, and because I knew it would benefit me as well.

I don't actually have any single-target-player abilities, by the way.

@FoU: What do you think of MS?

Max's play was absolutely horrendous early-mid Day 1, but since then he's been stepping it up to a pretty significant degree.

While he's primarily focused on providing support mechanically (see his intention to remove Kill this Night, and his fixing of my Vulnerability on Night 1), he's done enough hunting today that I'm reading him as mid-town.

Though I don't currently believe his case on Jack. It's all meta-read garbage. People need to rely less on meta reads and more on what people are actually doing. It's a garbage case, but I do think he genuinely believes it, so bleh.

FoU: Yep, seriously consider voting Toony, especially as he still hasn't answered my questions. Less interested now Jack says he can kill him, which would be a real timesaver.

Still not seeing a case on me. Is the point that I townread Toony at one point D1 and never focused hard on Wubba? Because if you want people on board with that, you need to describe a chain of inference that starts with my doing that, and ends with me being scum. You've played mafia long enough that I really shouldn't have to coach you here. I'm willing to believe you're just playing badly today, but... just take it up a notch.

Yeah, I don't have a case on you. Not yet, at least. Ironically, my vote on you was intended to say 'step it up a notch'. You never seriously pushed anyone on Day 1. So let's see if you can do that now, hm?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 04, 2024, 06:23:29 pm »

I wonder what will happen now that the sphere stuff has been discussed.  We'll see how it turns out if it gets that far, I guess.

FoU, what do you think of NJW's comments about the Page and the apple, and overall my case on him, including his second wincon claim and everything?

Starting here and ending here, his answers too?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 04, 2024, 06:24:15 pm »

I could spend my day making a case against Jack. looks at the number of pages.

It would be the definition of a wall, but I could. Just that it would also be the definition of mining too deep. A lot of my evidence is likely to be circumstancal and emotion-based.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 04, 2024, 06:49:11 pm »

If I happen to be alive start of D3:

It is extremely likely that FoU's dup will have become a free action.

I do not intend to use it tonight, if I do it won't be free action for whomever gets it next, it'll eat an action.

But if I'm alive N3, I absolutely will use it and pass it to whomever it goes to, it will remain free action until someone changes that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1613 on: February 04, 2024, 06:59:31 pm »

Time seems to speed up again. Soon there would be a reckoning. But for now, the long stalemate continues.

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] TricMagic,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [2] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire
- NJW2000 - [1] FallacyofUrist
- Toonyman
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Hammer at 5 votes. The weekend 0 time has ended. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT, in approximately 46 hours.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass
NJW2000:Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 07:48:23 pm by notquitethere »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 04, 2024, 07:00:36 pm »

Is Tric a double-voter or is that a votecount error?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 04, 2024, 07:01:26 pm »

Is Tric a double-voter or is that a votecount error?
That's a classic "mod needs to go to bed" error.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1616 on: February 04, 2024, 07:01:59 pm »

In response to player demand, days will be 48 hours long from D3 onward, and weekends will count for half time.
Wait, who asked for this? Can I ask for not-this?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 04, 2024, 07:02:56 pm »

I don't know if anyone wants to discuss if they have the sphere protection.  I can see a LOT of reasons not to.

However, we all know from the flip:

[Night][Item][Fruit] (Protection) Apple: You may Eat this apple as a free action. You are protected from all (Kill) and (Mafiakill) sphere actions on the phase you eat the apple. This item will rot away and be unusable by the end of the next night if you are still holding it.

I can do many things with this, including the obvious.  If I eat it, it'll function normally for me.  I can do other stuff.

One of the things I wanted to do, and with my mindset the most tempting thing to do, is actually retain it unused tonight (I can do that under some circumstances) then tomorrow trade or (my preference) give it to someone I trust a lot, and dup the protection sphere.  That ensures the free dup passes to a person with protection sphere, which might actually just be the person who has the apple, if nobody else has protection, it would have to go to them.  That would mean person would have two apples and the free dup ability, unless there's other protection sphere folks, then apple person only maybe has the dup.  I'd want the person to trade me back the apple that day, but it would be their choice.

I'm pretty sure some folks want me dead if they can work it.  So I probably won't be duping the apple.

But since I have no further reason to hide that I have the dup, and I presume my claims are not terrifying to everyone as super-strong town or whatever else you fear I may be.  I'm useful, that's it, power wise.  I make you better, and that goes for all of you.  It's better for me the more of you are alive, (but that's secondary for me, and I don't mean wincon, anti-town gotta go) and better for you if I choose to help you, I'll get better at helping as time goes on.  My help can be weird, look weird.  I understand how to control my controlable abilities and how to prevent activation of my uncontrolable ones (they're fine if not activated, and I think I can control that).

I'm kinda a mix between Robin Hood and Secret Santa, in terms of what I do.

Wonder how far into the game I get, hope to see many pro-town alive at game end.

In response to player demand, days will be 48 hours long from D3 onward, and weekends will count for half time.
Wait, who asked for this? Can I ask for not-this?

I'm okay with supporting MS on this request, but I get others are not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 04, 2024, 07:41:53 pm »

I already proposed that I think me and Elephant were targeted.
Okay, makes sense. It's likely your action made you target yourself and Elephant with Wishbone.

I don't actually have any single-target-player abilities, by the way.
Okay. So NJW's Wishbone did nothing to either of us since we did not have any single-target abilities to target each other with. Although I do have one now with Elephant's Town Hall ability.

Also funny coincidence we both were targeting a sphere last night. It's like NJW knew, or more realistic he just suspected the two of us the most on N1. :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 04, 2024, 07:44:19 pm »

I could spend my day making a case against Jack. looks at the number of pages.

It would be the definition of a wall, but I could. Just that it would also be the definition of mining too deep. A lot of my evidence is likely to be circumstancal and emotion-based.
It's only fair considering how emotional Jack has been.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 153