Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59124 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1590 on: February 04, 2024, 04:39:02 pm »

Well normally when you use a Wishbone it gets split in half right? So NJW still having a Wishbone after makes sense to me.
It doesn't regrow into a whole new wishbone!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 04, 2024, 04:41:40 pm »

Oh I see, NJW claims they lost their Wishbone.

Then the one I have must be NJW's if Crystal has mine.

I have no idea why this happened.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 04, 2024, 04:41:53 pm »

Max, 3 wishbone minimum claimed, CM (Stole from Toons) and Toony (Traded for Page with NJW; does not understand why has one despite theft) says they have 1, NJW says "I get more than one wishbone" when CM asks how he has one if she stole one.

Imp has only 1 wincon.

"bunch of words that happen to be spheres scattered through it. The one where you mention, uh, I think it was slow being corrupted. I also noticed you included "secondary" in there"  Coincidence - I'm literally talking about the sphere, or using the word in a non-sphere context.

NJW also says why wishbone N1 this:  "I didn't have much time to submit a thoughtful night action - this was due to factors outside my control. I used the wishbone because I thought it would tell me stuff about the roles of dubious players and what they could do."

CM says "I have reason to suspect that the wishbone targeted me and Elephant Parade since I have his mother's jewelry"

"If the wishbone targeted you, it would target another player as well. If both players have a random single target ability, they use it on eachother. If only one has, then the player will instead target someone random. This is a mimic action not a redirection."

But NJW reports, "I wishboned toony and FoU and somehow lost the wishbone doing that"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 04, 2024, 04:42:26 pm »

Do you have a wishbone right now or not? This is pretty important. I was under the impression that one wishbone was moving around a lot, but if you have one and ToonyMan has one, that's a different story.
Yes I have a wishbone.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 04, 2024, 04:44:15 pm »

CM says "I have reason to suspect that the wishbone targeted me and Elephant Parade since I have his mother's jewelry"

"If the wishbone targeted you, it would target another player as well. If both players have a random single target ability, they use it on eachother. If only one has, then the player will instead target someone random. This is a mimic action not a redirection."
I want to clarify that my theft causes the wishbone to be used and targets two random players.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 04, 2024, 04:47:04 pm »

@Imp:
FoU probably randomly targeted you last night if you think you were "duped", since that's what FoU said their ability would look like and we know FoU was randomized by NJW via Wishbone.

@FoU:
I wouldn't mind knowing who your intended target was suppose to be, care to share FoU?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 04, 2024, 04:47:27 pm »

Imp has only 1 wincon.

"bunch of words that happen to be spheres scattered through it. The one where you mention, uh, I think it was slow being corrupted. I also noticed you included "secondary" in there"  Coincidence - I'm literally talking about the sphere, or using the word in a non-sphere context.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. You happened to list spheres that make a plausible path in the upper right corner, so it really seemed strongly suspicious.

Crymea, thanks for clarifying also, it looks like the wishbone really does duplicate when used.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 04, 2024, 04:51:23 pm »

Based on the claims so far, I am fairly confident that ToonyMan is wrong to talk about the wishbone "randomizing" player's specified actions, rather than (as I suspect) making them do another random action. I strongly recommend someone who has a wishbone asking NQT about that.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 04, 2024, 04:53:21 pm »

N
You happened to list spheres that make a plausible path in the upper right corner, so it really seemed strongly suspicious.

Not how my mind works.

Us finding real scum probably matters.  Fun as it is to make plans for the future, it's very much ticktock and for all 'slow' is a sphere, I swear it seems slow got corrupted.  I am very up for 'let's make stuff better' but very much as a secondary that doesn't get in the way of 'whoops, can't proteck Mafia this time, even if we do it every time'.

I'm joking about slow not being very slow in practice, and the intense pressure I feel to make sure scum that grow don't outgrow means to kill them.

That Page if it can control MK/normal kill seems very important, different strats to use if it is in play or not.  No kills if it's in play.

I'm trying to keep it in play.  It won't be if I need to receive it.  Something else will be done with it, pro town and not saying what except it's better it stays in NJW's hands unless he's anti-town, in which case kill him, while sure an item in my hands is useful, that's freaking fluff and we don't have time, I don't think.  On the way to killing anti-town, if I pick up a few items or more than a few, sweet, I'll be passing the useful ones back to the rest of the class once I can.

Toons, why do you keep thinking that the wishbone 'randomizes' a target?  That's not true at all, based on the item description, right?

Or did I misunderstand CM?  But you've seen this item, Toons.  Does it mess with the intended target, or just force a use of an action?  Might want to ask nqt for your own understanding in case you use it ever.  This could be a way to cause certain types of extra actions in controlled or uncontrolled ways.

Which makes me confused about NJW's claim about use of his.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 04, 2024, 04:55:58 pm »

Based on the claims so far, I am fairly confident that ToonyMan is wrong to talk about the wishbone "randomizing" player's specified actions, rather than (as I suspect) making them do another random action. I strongly recommend someone who has a wishbone asking NQT about that.
I'm not wrong I'm literally looking at my Wishbone.

It targets two players.

If both players have a single-target ability then it randomly picks one of those single-target abilities and has those two players target each other with that randomly selected ability, this includes the mafiakill.

However, if one of those players doesn't have a single-target ability (such as myself on N1), then the player that DOES have a single-target ability will target a random player instead. This is what happened to FoU on N1 because NJW targeted me and FoU last night. And it looks like FoU had a single target ability.

If neither player have any single-target abilities then I assume nothing happens, but this scenario is the only one not described in the item.

That's just straight up what it says.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: February 04, 2024, 04:56:22 pm »

Re:Wishbone. Fallacy has apparently Dup(licat)ed stuff. So.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 04, 2024, 04:56:57 pm »

The wishbone randomizes the target of the target if the target doesn't have a single target ability. My thwart ability uses the stolen item and randomizes the target.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 04, 2024, 05:01:34 pm »

BIG DUMB IDIOT GUIDE TO WISHBONE

1. Target two players
2. If both players have a single-target ability (including the mafiakill), they target each other
3. If only one player has a single-target ability then THAT player will target a random player in the game instead, and the way it's phrased makes me think it will be with the single-target ability they picked, it just becomes randomized

In other words, the Wishbone either makes two players target each other with a random single-target ability they have OR it randomizes one of those players.

PPE:
The wishbone randomizes the target of the target if the target doesn't have a single target ability. My thwart ability uses the stolen item and randomizes the target.
Are you saying that you also used the Wishbone you stole from me on N1 the same night you stole it? Because that's going to be a massive headache.

Re:Wishbone. Fallacy has apparently Dup(licat)ed stuff. So.
Maybe. That means FoU probably randomly targeted me last night then, not Imp.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 04, 2024, 05:03:32 pm »

@Crystal:
If you randomized me on N1 then nothing would have happened. I didn't target any players on N1.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 04, 2024, 05:11:05 pm »

Are you saying that you also used the Wishbone you stole from me on N1 the same night you stole it? Because that's going to be a massive headache.
Yes. I thought that I made it clear.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 153