Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58956 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1530 on: February 04, 2024, 05:20:06 am »

It is extremely scummy that Max won't talk to me
I'll talk to you, but it's 5 in the morning, I can only handle so much at once, and I'm going to bed now, and I thought you were just making sniping commentary, not expecting responses.

If you actually want a discussion we can have it later.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 04, 2024, 05:22:41 am »

I'll talk to you, but it's 5 in the morning, I can only handle so much at once, and I'm going to bed now, and I thought you were just making sniping commentary, not expecting responses.

Fair enough

I guess that is worth Unvoting, since I want to hear your explanations. You clearly need the rest.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 04, 2024, 05:23:34 am »

My thoughts about removing Day sphere, what possible pro-town value can that have?  Interested in the answer, but if it's "I am clueless, random idea, no idea what would help," that's fine.  If you see some reason, I super want to know, but not enough for you to stay awake for.  Would you unvote for now to help prevent hammers?

Ths happened before I could send!

Fair enough

I guess that is worth Unvoting, since I want to hear your explanations. You clearly need the rest.

I love you for that, EJ.  Thank you.

Nooo hammers.  Pro-town wins on our day game, which I mean, talking, if I mean more than that, I don't know I mean it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 04, 2024, 06:17:57 am »

EJ: Fair question, I know I've been posting weird trades, it was pfp trying to trade with Imp. I can't really keep up with the 70 page days we're heading towards.

Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

Confirm this has a kill sphere, yep.

The thread is still moving about as fast as I can read, so have missed large chunks. One thing is bugging me.

Imp: sorry if you've already answered this, but in your hands, the bible page may not still redirect kills to the holder. As such, you may not be able to stop a kill with the apple you hold. Am I right in thinking you believe your having the bible page and the apple is more important than the chance to prevent a nightkill?

FoU: Yep, seriously consider voting Toony, especially as he still hasn't answered my questions. Less interested now Jack says he can kill him, which would be a real timesaver.

Still not seeing a case on me. Is the point that I townread Toony at one point D1 and never focused hard on Wubba? Because if you want people on board with that, you need to describe a chain of inference that starts with my doing that, and ends with me being scum. You've played mafia long enough that I really shouldn't have to coach you here. I'm willing to believe you're just playing badly today, but... just take it up a notch.

Hopefully can post something more constructive later today, ideally after rereading some parts of D1.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1534 on: February 04, 2024, 09:05:07 am »

The weekend recess slowly ekes towards its end and still the electors have not made up their mind.

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [2] TricMagic, Maximum Spin
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [2] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire
- NJW2000 - [1] FallacyofUrist
- Toonyman
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: No Elimination

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass
NJW2000:Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 04, 2024, 10:19:40 am »

Imp: sorry if you've already answered this, but in your hands, the bible page may not still redirect kills to the holder. As such, you may not be able to stop a kill with the apple you hold. Am I right in thinking you believe your having the bible page and the apple is more important than the chance to prevent a nightkill?

Fascinating.

You hold the Page.

You know all your abilities.

You can DM the mod with any question in the world.

I do not believe for one hot second that you have not yourself already thought of asking the mod to confirm everything about how the abilities that you can see you currently have work together.

Your wording is exquisitely scummy to me.  It is equal or above your probe if I'd trade apple for Page.

I would appreciate it if most conversation in the thread stops until NJW responds to this, if only to say "I have read this, and will work on this idea of talking to the mod to know everything I should already know and Imp cannot understand how it is possible for non-scum NJW to not have already found out everything about."

Folks, I am not ready to vote NJW.  But everything in play is perfectly consistent with scum NJW going 'this sucks'.

This is now the most important question I have, how NJW reacts.  He claims he can't keep up.  We have multiple real life days.

Unless you got something SUPER important to say, let's stop talking until NJW confirms he has read this.  That's all I need, then everyone can talk freely.  If he takes 'unreasonably long' I'll withdraw this 'let's everyone but NJW or nqt be quiet now' request.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 04, 2024, 10:50:17 am »

@Max: Would you mind running through the process that you removed other suspects and concluded that I was your top scum pick?
Also: A vote for me is a vote for Day 3: Electric Boogaloo, just an FYI.
IAlready made that joke Jack.

In the latest post I see. NJW can't know what you'd do to the page since apparently you can alter artefacts to be 'better' in some way. Without a full day cycle it apparently doesn't work?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 04, 2024, 10:59:04 am »

Jack having a kill and only now mentioning it.. Yeah, not great.
Granted, I think they've mentioned it before, but they have(or havent) bothered to use it//

I think we can deduce that Jack took Chat, Self-Preservation, and Kill as their Blue Spheres. Which means Limitation and Suspicious are their Red Spheres.

That is correct.

On the bright side, Day 3 will have more info, as everyone will get to use there night actions again.

Although frankly, I should probably just log out for about a week and see if the game has progressed any, possibly from deadchat. 
Since actually participating in the game seems to be doing Jackshit.
I'm gonna go ahead and call NQT to answer. Aren't lynch-affecting abilities fundamentally a Daytime power?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 04, 2024, 11:03:09 am »

I'm gonna go ahead and call NQT to answer. Aren't lynch-affecting abilities fundamentally a Daytime power?
(Daytime) sphere abilities are abilities that you can activate during the day. Night abilities can affect the lynch; especially, but not exclusively, (votes) sphere abilities. [Auto] abilities of any sphere would tend to be active both at night and during the day.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 11:04:48 am by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 04, 2024, 11:10:13 am »

It may not matter, but I say call Jack' bluff and lynch them. A convoluted chat kill is a possibility, which opens up a lot of spheres.

Meanwhile, a 50% chance kill sounds more like Uncertainty, which is also a lie. Actually it would be corrupted. Super Kill Chat. Or even Second Wincon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 04, 2024, 11:27:37 am »

Imp, I’m skimming 60% of what you post. First I’ve seen of this ability to specifically upgrade stuff is Tric’s post.

I don’t know what you mean about questions for NQT. I asked about you being willing to take the bible page even though it may not draw the kill to you, when there is the option to block the kill n3 by giving both to idk, Crystallized or whatever.

I can’t be certain I’ll block the kill. But there’s a pretty good chance. This is all I can know.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 04, 2024, 11:37:32 am »

Imp, I’m skimming 60% of what you post. First I’ve seen of this ability to specifically upgrade stuff is Tric’s post.

I don’t know what you mean about questions for NQT. I asked about you being willing to take the bible page even though it may not draw the kill to you, when there is the option to block the kill n3 by giving both to idk, Crystallized or whatever.

I can’t be certain I’ll block the kill. But there’s a pretty good chance. This is all I can know.

Correct my understanding.

You currently have the page.

You could have given it to me last night, you did not.  I encouraged you to do so if you felt you could not handle it.

I believe:  You have the page.  People targeting you have trouble, you can probably keep that page until you choose to trade or give it.

You have not decided to trade the page earlier D2, except for the apple, which is a huge laugh.

I no longer want the Page out of your hands today or tonight.  You are committed to holding it now, in my eyes, any other answer is anti-town.  You had pro-town chances to pass it, earlier D2 when I discussed it, offered options to get it out of your hands.

It's anti-town of you if the kill just redirects, or your scummy self already made sure you passed the page.

It's anti-town of you to not have passed the page N1 if you had any doubt that you can pro-town outcome by holding it N1.  You had all N1 to ask questions, find out what that page does in your hands.

No, you should not tell us things that are not pro-town for the class to hear.

But you should know.

If you can't handle the page, your pro-town job was to use an action (if not free for you) to give me the page.  You did not do that.  Maybe you had a 'better' use of your action and you don't have more than one, that's fine.  If so, your correct pro-town action if you know you cannot handle the Page as you described was to say so early D2 so a pro-town answer can be worked on.

What's more important than your (probably) using an action to give the Page to me last night?
I acted on FoU and Toony, and will say more later if necessary. Need to go to bed now.

Nah.  I think you killed Qua.  And you're scum stuck with the page and pretty solid town plans to rein you in.  You want an out that isn't pro-town.  You're not taking any pro-town options.

NJW.  Discuss. Correct my misunderstandings.  What's going on.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 04, 2024, 11:44:05 am »

And this is why I felt ending the day would have been fine.
My question Imp, is why would NJW offer to take the page in the first place?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 04, 2024, 11:46:37 am »

Second, I don't know how to word this so it makes more sense to you.

If you have not already done so, ask nqt how your abilities, including that Page, interact.  You should know what is going to happen.  Even if it's an ability that gives you a rainbow of probabilities if you have the factors in play you already have.

I do not believe you did not think to ask nqt to explain any confusion you genuinely have about your abilities, including the page.

Example questions, I write as NJW:

DM to nqt:  How does my ability 1 and Page interact, should there be a nightkill ability used tonight, and no other kill action?

Repeat for ability 2.

Repeat for ability 1+2 both interfacing, if that's an issue.

I am disgusted if you claim you haven't considered doing this until now.  This is your first ever game if so, right?  Talk to the mod?  Who would have thought?  Ask questions about stuff that might kill me?  Wow, I wish I'd thought to do that earlier.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 04, 2024, 12:01:11 pm »

Jesus Christ.

What will happen when a mafia kill hits me is not something I can ask NQT and receive an answer for because it involves details of the setup that I do not know. I can ASK NQT who the mafia are. He won’t tell me. I can ask him what will happen tonight if a kill is used. He won’t tell me. That’s all you get to know. It’s uncertain. If I don’t block the kill, I probably die.

I’m pretty sure you specifically said that you don’t know if you can force the kill onto you with the bible page. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t think you’ve suggested giving the page and the apple to someone else, but as far as I can tell you haven’t.

So as far as I can tell, I’m the only one with any kind of plan to stop the kill. Hence my asking if you had explicitly made the judgement that any alternative wasn’t worth you giving up the apple.

With entire pages of pointless misunderstandings, endless text walls, and a lot of bad logic, I was struggling with motivation before this point. The short night didn’t help either.

As for my night action… that’s a fucking laugh, for reasons that will become apparent at some point.

If you have any further questions, be prepared to wait for an answer, because I’m not going to bother with this for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 153