Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59040 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1515 on: February 04, 2024, 04:34:33 am »

(By the way, I'm also crawling through those chat logs, Imp, just so you know that did help. But it's very late again.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 04, 2024, 04:35:19 am »

If Jack is mafia then we'll probably have to lynch them twice unless someone can kill him.
This is suggesting to me that I should not remove the kill sphere, which would neuter kills in transit.

I may be able to strip Day from Tric's kill if we trust him, but I think he would need to be able to attempt to use the ability tonight in its current form, which I assume can't be done since it's a day ability, for the change-while-used effect to happen. I'll still take any other requests, and I'm good with taking out kill if people would prefer to just neuter them and deal with multi-lynches in the Daytime. Or, you know, it's also possible I might just be dead before the night, I'll take that option too, lol.

Nobody appears to have spoken up, but I'll state I'm not really counterclaiming FoU.  I also don't particularly believe anyone can only do one thing, and think it's risky to believe that about anyone.  But sure, for the sake of not making bad mistakes, I confirm FoU COULD have done something dupy to me, in a way I cannot confirm was FoU and cannot confirm choice of target should mean anything.  So it's not like FoU picked me, if I'm even confirming anything about FoU.

This game is so night game complex, I can't even confirm if I can confirm a thing I know something about, dang.
Er, hold on, as I said, I thought FoU did the dupy thing to me. I got a free copy of one of my abilities. I think it would be a bad idea for me to use it at this juncture, though.
If that's anything like what happened to you, have we confirmed that the wishbone *overwrites* actions instead of *adding*? Because that sounds like Fallacy may have targeted both of us.
@Max: Why are significantly stupider than normal?
You think that I am scum and yet you are not building a strategy around me.
What does your lame ass ability do, anyways?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 04, 2024, 04:40:03 am »

This is suggesting to me that I should not remove the kill sphere, which would neuter kills in transit.

Good thinking.  More 'let me ensure you have this info clear and easy' to help you decide.

Claim of Page item that draws kills... first kill.  In hands of someone says 'I can handle this, I think'.  Has had many chances to trade it, far as I know has it.

EJ, seems interested/overinterested in using a not mafiakill.  We need nobody to use a kill, in the hopes that we don't also have a serial killer sphere kill, and the mafia kill, if used, goes to the Page-holder every night, who has claimed they think they can handle it.

They don't wanna give info, for potentially townie reasons.  That's mostly very cool.

I'm probably going to elim them tomorrow if it just rebounds off them.  I asked them about that, and that's not a 'cool way to handle it' at all.  That's a decent scum way to 'handle it', though.  I'm expecting there's no kill.

No kill sphere helps with that.

Plus, items can come into play.  And other things appear able to create and change spheres.  So... we can get kills back, this just removes existing kills, right?

I think it's so pro-townie to remove sphere kill - I'm tempted to use that as pro-town evidence on you + a *laugh at the idea* maybe a pin of you.  I have 0% confidence that you using an ability you choose could pin you.  However, you offered this and it's a really good sounding offer to me.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 04, 2024, 04:43:38 am »

I'm gonna make everyone's life REAL FUCKING EASY.

First, I'm going to self-vote.

Then, I'm going to promise, should I get voted out today, that I will take my 50% chance of killing Toony.

I just don't fucking care anymore.

EuchreJack

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 04, 2024, 04:47:57 am »

Er, hold on, as I said, I thought FoU did the dupy thing to me. I got a free copy of one of my abilities. I think it would be a bad idea for me to use it at this juncture, though.
If that's anything like what happened to you, have we confirmed that the wishbone *overwrites* actions instead of *adding*? Because that sounds like Fallacy may have targeted both of us.

Yeah.  Too many anti-town alive, so I don't got much to say.  Except we should not consider either whatever happened to you, or me, or toony saying 'my wishbone was stolen, and I gained a new wishbone'.

Any of that can be 'something dupy'.  There's weird stuff going on!  What is FoU claiming?  Maybe a game-wide or partial game-wide dup?  Who cares.  I mean, wait.  Is solving this pro-town or anti-town?

Who benefits more now from studying this very closely and getting more info about it?

My thoughts:  What happened to me is not clearly 'done on purpose to me'.  It may or may not have required that person to use an action.  I may have even gotten more than one dup-like experience last night.  There's a lot going on, and enemies listening, so...

The spheres involved in Qua's death, I'm definitely interested in those.

Night game digging, seems almost scummy to me.  I'll read more who reads for what and how and why.  Scummy or townie mistake, innocent ignorant stuff, so hard to say. Still you have to do something.  But info might suck.  Trust is very interesting this game.  I trust you guys about as far as I can pin ya.  which is laughable this game.  I imagine fully amped web - thinking he's pinned because I know all 5 of his actions used up.  But he has way more than 5.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 04, 2024, 04:51:55 am »

I think the current votes are this:

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade - [1] Crystalizedmire
- Euchrejack - [3] TricMagic, Maximum Spin, Euchrejack
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [3] NJW2000, Euchrejack, Crystalizedmire
- NJW2000 - [1] FallacyofUrist
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic -
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: I have no clue.

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT.

EJ, so you want me to think you're townie and you wanna free the mafiakill for a night and try to kill Toony, with a 50% chance.

How does that work again?  Why are you so upset?

Also, sounds like EJ maybe wants Max to have his chance to remove the kill sphere.  Or is EJ helping me explain why this may be a great idea to Max?

Glad I read web when I did.  Will I read anything else this game?  Why is there so much WIFOM, actually in front of me?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 04, 2024, 04:58:28 am »

vote me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 04, 2024, 04:59:10 am »

EJ, seems interested/overinterested in using a not mafiakill.  We need nobody to use a kill, in the hopes that we don't also have a serial killer sphere kill, and the mafia kill, if used, goes to the Page-holder every night, who has claimed they think they can handle it.
I assume that, if EuchreJack is mafia, there's more to this than meets the eye and kills may be more valuable... but Tric is the only other person who's claimed one which is completely unhelpful in this scenario, so I doubt there are pro-town kills that can be functionally used to stop Jack, which is why I'm still 100% okay with doing it.

Plus, items can come into play.  And other things appear able to create and change spheres.  So... we can get kills back, this just removes existing kills, right?
Yes. It strips the kill sphere off abilities that have it and replaces it with a new sphere (per kill haver) which I do not control, changing the effect in the process to suit the new set of spheres. In theory, even the same ability could bring kills back into existence if I were to use it on another sphere and someone randomly gets the kill sphere as the replacement. (However, like I said, the ability changes to something new which I also don't control after I use it, so I don't know if I would be able to do that. Maybe if I get duplicated/whatever that was again and get a fresh copy which might be according to what it was before I used it, but I don't even know if that would work, nor do I want to ask for any presents under the circumstances.)

Yeah.  Too many anti-town alive, so I don't got much to say.  Except we should not consider either whatever happened to you, or me, or toony saying 'my wishbone was stolen, and I gained a new wishbone'.

Any of that can be 'something dupy'.  There's weird stuff going on!  What is FoU claiming?  Maybe a game-wide or partial game-wide dup?  Who cares.  I mean, wait.  Is solving this pro-town or anti-town?

Who benefits more now from studying this very closely and getting more info about it?
I certainly don't think it's necessary to dig into it beyond me offering the information I gave so you can make that determination. I'm very specifically not even asking if you had a similar duplicative experience.

PPE:
Also, sounds like EJ maybe wants Max to have his chance to remove the kill sphere.  Or is EJ helping me explain why this may be a great idea to Max?
I do wanna point out that the Mafiakill sphere is different, and I'm specifically disallowed from touching it in any way. I think you knew this since you mentioned SK kills before, but I want to have that fully on the table just in case.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 04, 2024, 05:01:10 am »

I may be able to strip Day from Tric's kill if we trust him, but I think he would need to be able to attempt to use the ability tonight in its current form, which I assume can't be done since it's a day ability, for the change-while-used effect to happen. I'll still take any other requests, and I'm good with taking out kill if people would prefer to just neuter them and deal with multi-lynches in the Daytime. Or, you know, it's also possible I might just be dead before the night, I'll take that option too, lol.

What are you willing to claim you can do?

Can you remove day from Tric, from the game, or either?

Can you remove 'kill sphere ' - gone from the game at least at that time, and/or remove it from a person?

If you are removing it JUST from a person and that person has multiple abilities with the tag, does it remove from every ability with it, or just one?

Kill sphere removed from a person is low value... generally low value.  Being able to do either is very surgical and extensive, cool.  Answers?  Keeping in mind both scum are listening, and I will be really scared of you if you say you'll do X and X doesn't happen.

I really hope you agree to commit to doing 'X' - an X I can agree with, before day ends.  And that you do it.  That's... deeply essential to me.  As you read, you'll see I've tried to get several people to commit to specific confirmable actions, that are highly pro-town.  I'd like us to discuss enough that we all kinda agree 'this would be so pro-town to do, it would be anti-town not to do, so of course it is getting done'.  But only if stuff actually is pro-town.

So, when you're ready, please discuss these wares at your bazaar.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 04, 2024, 05:04:12 am »

I do wanna point out that the Mafiakill sphere is different, and I'm specifically disallowed from touching it in any way. I think you knew this since you mentioned SK kills before, but I want to have that fully on the table just in case.

Yeah.  If kill is gone from the game, at least for 'now', which maybe our people with known kill spheres can confirm, and maybe Toons watches too.  That sounds powerful.  I'd almost believe that was all you can do if you did that... except for your however many free actions, triggered actions, chained actions... and stuff I can't even imagine.  I am renaming this game 'Put a Pin in It, ha'.

But it means, any killing is someone who probably is mafiakill/SK sphere folks.  And helps reduce the number of kills, increasing the chance that the Page draws the only kill, which I understand means 'no kill'.  I like that idea, but if I shouldn't, you can help me understand better?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 04, 2024, 05:06:42 am »

vote me

A hammer is extremely anti-town at this time.  I don't support it, but after we're done talking, we might, EJ.  You don't seem very townie.

However, if you gotta throw a fit, I've seen you throw fits before.  Go ahead, just don't break anything you can't fix later, please.  Because this game is very delicate, and bull in a china shop is messy.

Maybe you would enjoy a break?  Not a week, I hope.  But a few hours of wonderful, enjoyable self-care?

@Imp: The adults are talking, could you shut up a bit?

I am so sorry that Imp is still talking.  Seems Imp talks a lot.  Maybe enjoy a break where you can hear adults talk, then come back feeling better?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 04, 2024, 05:11:59 am »

What are you willing to claim you can do?
[...]
So, when you're ready, please discuss these wares at your bazaar.
My current offering is a global s/blue sphere/random other blue sphere/. (That is to say, a find and replace.) This is the only thing I feel comfortable using at this time, and if I pick something more than one person has, it should be awfully confirmable.

Like at any good bazaar, my wares will change by the Day, and I don't know what I'll have in tomorrow. That's as much as to give you information about my spheres, so I don't want to say more than that.

But it means, any killing is someone who probably is mafiakill/SK sphere folks.  And helps reduce the number of kills, increasing the chance that the Page draws the only kill, which I understand means 'no kill'.  I like that idea, but if I shouldn't, you can help me understand better?
No, it sounds like a good idea to me. Whatever NJW2000 is doing with that page, it seems like it is in our best interest for it to work.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 04, 2024, 05:15:28 am »

Yes. It strips the kill sphere off abilities that have it and replaces it with a new sphere (per kill haver) which I do not control, changing the effect in the process to suit the new set of spheres. In theory, even the same ability could bring kills back into existence if I were to use it on another sphere and someone randomly gets the kill sphere as the replacement. (However, like I said, the ability changes to something new which I also don't control after I use it, so I don't know if I would be able to do that. Maybe if I get duplicated/whatever that was again and get a fresh copy which might be according to what it was before I used it, but I don't even know if that would work, nor do I want to ask for any presents under the circumstances.)

I finally read this, sorry.  Distracted by other stuff, I try to keep up, sorry to double ask.

I strongly support the removal of the kill sphere tonight.  I think it's very pro-town.  I understand if there's a SK sphere (I haven't asked to confirm that if) and that the mafiakill itself won't be stopped, changed maybe.

But, if we agree to this, MS, like, if we can't find enough flaws so I understand why it's anti-town.  Given the Page situation... I think this is so pro-town it's anti-town not to do... unless we can't trust you enough to let you reach N2.

you're going to reach this at some point:

Imp(towniest town that ever towned)

My current preference to pin/kill 3 suspicious folks:

Max agrees to remove kill sphere, or explains why he can't, and we decide something else.

EP trades me that airsoft rifle for the glass, uses it, reports, and trades it back to me for something tomorrow - I commit to confirming the result and passing that glass to someone else to confirm as well.

I lean towards EJ elim today, since those two sus folks got pins (but the chance of secret 2+ actions.  We saw web's flip.  That number can go very high, but needs time.  This is D2/N2.  That may not be enough time to be super multi-action yet for those that can get there).

So, I don't know how I vote, and me voting means "I'm ready for day to end".  But if somehow a hammer happens that you survive (I'm more interested in day game than rushing to the night).

Well, that EJ might be trying to get the day over before you realize how townie removing that kill sphere can be, if you get the chance.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 04, 2024, 05:16:58 am »

It is extremely scummy that Max won't talk to me

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 04, 2024, 05:19:49 am »

Cause, like, he dies but comes back, and still has his kill sphere to play with, if you don't think to stop him or can't or something.  I'm not sure he's anti-town.  I want him to have time to think, feel safe, and make townie choices.  For all I know, we have scum we must kill fast.  Very fast, or we all die.  Avalanche scum, headed our way right now.  I almost see this as MYLO, because of potential night game.  And maybe we don't wake up D3 even if we lynch anti-town who dies, because of how scary this game is to me.  So I'm being really careful here.

It is extremely scummy that Max won't talk to me

I'll reread.  But I won't rush, and I won't hammer, don't want anyone to, ending D2 before we, most of us town, agree that it should end, is very anti-town.

I'm cool with MS talking to you, when he's ready.  And I'll reread very careful how he ignores.  If I missed a question or answer (and I do!) I catch them on rereads.

I'm only cool with anti-town being elim.  I want to be very careful.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 153