Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59474 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1440 on: February 03, 2024, 01:09:30 pm »

But what if:

A offers dog for cat.

B offers cat for dog.

Last minute!!

C offers cat for dog.

Who would A trade with?
I swear this has already been answered. But to reiterate, trades are processed from most recent to least recent. So in this situation, C would trade with A.

Thank you, I am desperately sorry.

As B, I want exactly matching trades only, if I am involved in a trade, as B.  Thank you all, I think that's an incredibly pro-town use of such things.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 03, 2024, 01:21:26 pm »

Crystallizedmire, how confident are you that I'm scum?
Honestly, I find your day2 behaviour fine. You do seem to be actually trying to ask questions and find scum. I do not like your day1 behaviour. Day1, you seem to go after Imp because of the Webadict wagon, then you try to get me eliminated because I was the most suspicious one on the wagon. You even admitted it was because you didn't want webadict to get eliminated. I think you should've known better especially with Imp and Webadict. I think Maximum Spin should've known better as well but I don't think he casted suspicion on Imp during the Webadict wagon.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 03, 2024, 01:41:27 pm »

Crystallizedmire, how confident are you that I'm scum?
Honestly, I find your day2 behaviour fine. You do seem to be actually trying to ask questions and find scum. I do not like your day1 behaviour. Day1, you seem to go after Imp because of the Webadict wagon, then you try to get me eliminated because I was the most suspicious one on the wagon. You even admitted it was because you didn't want webadict to get eliminated. I think you should've known better especially with Imp and Webadict. I think Maximum Spin should've known better as well but I don't think he casted suspicion on Imp during the Webadict wagon.
1. I would like you to walk me through the bolded passage, ideally with quotes. I will likely end up agreeing that it's a plausible read, but right now, "seem to" is doing a lot of work.
2. I genuinely appreciate the analysis, but you didn't quite answer my question—how would you package all that into an overall read?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 03, 2024, 02:08:30 pm »

Oh, I should probably mention this now: I have an item that lets me rename items. This is a nonfree night action, so it isn't very useful. When I wasn't sure about webadict, I was thinking that if I started scumreading him, I might rename one of my items to Turquoise Chaos Emerald or a plausible abbreviation and trade it to him (this is why NQT, during D1, issued a clarification on what happens when you submit a trade offer involving your Foo while having two items named Foo—I had messaged him to ask).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 03, 2024, 02:10:45 pm »

Wouldn't that mean you could make a fake emerald out of an item?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 03, 2024, 02:12:11 pm »

EDIT: Toony didn't vote yet, but rather moved Max to the top of his scum suspect list.

I think I can vote Maximum Spin, though. This chat about the chats has been far more helpful than Max's unsuccessful bribery.
I agree with you. Maximum Spin seems to be bribing instead of actually wanting to confirm his actions. Why would he announce his actions ahead of time allowing them to be easily disrupted? Though, I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt since I believe it still could be used for good. I think Elephant Parade is scum based on Webadict's flip and suspicion of Imp(towniest town that ever towned) but I'm open to either one being eliminated. I think we can deal with Toony later.
Well, I clearly can
We can't directly quote Mod Confirmed stuff, but as you can infer from the logs, it said something like "EuchreJack can kill Toonyman". Actually, I think my conversation with Toony revealed all the details, since he was most curious about it.

Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
@NJW: Whom were you trying to trade with? Who has the Purple Chaos Emerald?

Oh, I should probably mention this now: I have an item that lets me rename items. This is a nonfree night action, so it isn't very useful. When I wasn't sure about webadict, I was thinking that if I started scumreading him, I might rename one of my items to Turquoise Chaos Emerald or a plausible abbreviation and trade it to him (this is why NQT, during D1, issued a clarification on what happens when you submit a trade offer involving your Foo while having two items named Foo—I had messaged him to ask).
I could always invite you to Jackchat, then you would have one less thing to do.  ;D

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 03, 2024, 02:21:47 pm »

Wouldn't that mean you could make a fake emerald out of an item?
I didn't think my bootleg Chaos Emerald would have counted as a fake Chaos Emerald in the sense Webadict and Toonyman were using, or that the (at the time only supposed) rules around fake chaos emeralds had anything to do with my item-renaming item. My actual Chaos Emerald has description text describing it as a Chaos Emerald, which implied to me that my bootleg Chaos Emerald, which would have kept the mechanics and description of the original item, wouldn't have the mechanical properties of a Chaos Emerald.

EDIT: Toony didn't vote yet, but rather moved Max to the top of his scum suspect list.

I think I can vote Maximum Spin, though. This chat about the chats has been far more helpful than Max's unsuccessful bribery.
I agree with you. Maximum Spin seems to be bribing instead of actually wanting to confirm his actions. Why would he announce his actions ahead of time allowing them to be easily disrupted? Though, I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt since I believe it still could be used for good. I think Elephant Parade is scum based on Webadict's flip and suspicion of Imp(towniest town that ever towned) but I'm open to either one being eliminated. I think we can deal with Toony later.
Well, I clearly can
We can't directly quote Mod Confirmed stuff, but as you can infer from the logs, it said something like "EuchreJack can kill Toonyman". Actually, I think my conversation with Toony revealed all the details, since he was most curious about it.

Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
@NJW: Whom were you trying to trade with? Who has the Purple Chaos Emerald?

I could always invite you to Jackchat, then you would have one less thing to do.  ;D
Feel free—in fact, I would appreciate it if you committed to inviting me if that's your intent at the end of the day—but I won't be using the marker either way. I should have the magnifying glass, and even if I didn't, I'd be sending out a chat invite, and even if I wasn't, I can't think of anything useful I could do with this thing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 03, 2024, 02:25:50 pm »

My heart is not set on a EJ lynch.

We clearly need to hear something from MS, or not.

However, EJ, I want you pinned somehow because I think you want me dead and can kill me, and  that you want me dead so bad you'd consider a 50% chance that scum get to kill their target instead, and you redirect to NJW is a good deal.

... That's about as anti-town as web.  But that's the only thing that's 'as' anti-town as web.

And I like you.  And if you're not anti-town, we're actually cool, except this 'kill imp' is not okay, unless you have it as a second wincon and I'm sure it's the last move of a game over town win end - and we know about second wincons, so... I'm listening.

Maybe I misread or misunderstand some stuff.

But you sir, we gotta talk about how to pin you.  Whatcha got?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 03, 2024, 02:27:50 pm »

... oh.  I wonder if 'dud' explains the number of kills last night.  And if scrubbed away spheres affect the use of information revealed by checking Qua.
What did you mean by this?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 03, 2024, 02:29:18 pm »

If I'm wrong about 'gotta be imp' it's still as anti-town as I have seen this day (not yesterday) because it means you are open to giving scum a 50% chance to kill scum target instead of you killing your target, and since votes seem to work just fine, that's still terribad to me.  I need my fellow town, my role is designed by me before I ever asked for it to need other players.  I don't want any of you killing them.  But I'm talking to you, EJ.  How do we pin you, without you having to die.  Just in case you're not anti-town.

I leave that up to you.  Right now my thoughts are, "Can't be done".  But I'm listening.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 03, 2024, 02:29:53 pm »

NQT: Would Dud abilities be useless? Or simply extremely situational?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 03, 2024, 02:39:37 pm »

... oh.  I wonder if 'dud' explains the number of kills last night.  And if scrubbed away spheres affect the use of information revealed by checking Qua.
What did you mean by this?

My thoughts, and I am guessing:

Dud is a sphere.  Someone even suggested it should be removed if possible.

A dud kill might not be a sure kill.  Maybe someone has kill and dud - I am guessing.  But there was only one death last night, no idea if that was because stuff was stopped (forcefeed?  Dud?  Something we I don't know about yet?)

I don't know what Max (or anyone else) can do, but I remember something about a game long ago that had a scum cleaner member, and they targeted the nightkill target, and if the teamwork worked right, the person died and, I can't remember what info was removed.  It made it way harder for town, but I barely remember the game except the coordination of the scum team to try and handle redirects to ensure they landed on the target that died to make sure the info was cleaned.

Since it's useful to know what spheres anyone used on suspicious deaths, being able to remove the spheres involved in that death, from the target or from the killer, sounds cool for scum.  If innocent target of the dead person happen, that confuses the situation even more, especially if sphere removal happens.

I confirm I didn't target Qua last night, so nothing about me is part of any confusion there.  I'm eager to learn what spheres are involved, though I personally can't today do anything about it, like find the people with spheres or whatever.

I can imagine a universe where Max is a scum (and may have a live partner still); alone or between them they kill Qua.  Then D2, Max offers to scrub away... well, whatever happens, 'evidence' that Max knows connects killer to victim goes away.  Hopefully with town permission and encouragement.

These are all my ideas.  I'm glad to rule any out, but I need convincing before I decide 'impossible'.  I usually ask nqt before I decide stuff's impossible.  But I can only ask about what I know, otherwise I can't even make good questions.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 03, 2024, 02:40:38 pm »

Why did you think it was unusual that there was only one death in the night?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 03, 2024, 02:58:08 pm »

I have no idea how many kills would have been usual for last night.

I notice that EJ seems very eager to find a way to kill today (evidence of that is in the shared private chat), and wants the apple out of my hands, send it anywhere else.

But in those shared chats, he seems eager to see what Toons thinks or knows about what happens if someone else uses a kill while the mafiakill is used; he throws a huge amount of intense force at me to give the apple to NJW because NJW will die otherwise if two kills are used (Umm, I don't see that as a sure outcome or a reasonable guess base on what's said in this thread by people I think have the ability to know - NJW alone.  Nobody claims a private chat with him, or did I miss it?)  And NJW has not claimed anything of the sort except to waffle on if him having the apple even helps him or may hurt, and it's a 'just in case'.  Not a screaming need that EJ....

All that's about how bad EJ wants to kill.

He wants to kill N2.  So he wanted to kill N1, and Page wasn't in effect then.  So he could not kill N1, maybe because it failed (dud? (he suggested remove dud...)  Forcefeed?  Unknown-to-me other protection means?) or because it's a brand new ability that he didn't have N1.  That's possible, but probably less likely.

He could be mafia, but he's moving for kill and mafiakill odds.  So I waffle on him scum trying to weasel in a way that seems incredibly well done if he's scum (Not impossible, just it does read to me as non-scum interests, unless he's a scum with a non-mafia-kill, and wants to get some kind of towncred/acceptance to use both... still iffy.  There's a lot of illogic in what I understand of EJ - but that's not unique, your rejection of the glass initially can read as scum going no too.  I'm very open minded about this stuff, both ways, and I'm reading the entire thing as best as I can, trying to find and correct errors in my understanding.

But I think we could have had two kills last night, based on I think EJ really wants to try to kill tonight without Page interference, or take his best shot even with Page interference.  He could have killed Qua and be sole killer, but that doesn't feel right at all for the behavior, even allowing for some errors in judgement.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 03, 2024, 03:10:44 pm »

I have no idea how many kills would have been usual for last night.
Except:

This, to me, implies otherwise: that something would explain the number of kills implies that the number of kills is something that could and should be explained, and not just what we were all expecting, which is what it should have been since we had no reason to expect more than one kill.

Anyway, the reason I'm bugging you about this is that I think there's a reasonable chance you aren't town. I don't think you're webadict's partner, but you could easily be a neutral third party, an anti-town third party, or maybe even half of a second scumteam (possible per the OP; Toonyman would be the obvious partner, even if that would require some pretty gutsy mutual defense). It would explain your defensiveness and focus on your own survival, your weird dud post, and why you don't really feel like FBYOR Imp to me.

The reason this post is a few paragraphs and not a dozen is that I'm not sure this actually matters right now, besides being a very weak additional reason to lynch Toonyman. We should be looking for webadict's partner, who you most likely aren't. But I want it out in the open if we lynch a second mafioso and the game doesn't end.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 153