Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59231 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1455 on: February 03, 2024, 03:13:49 pm »

I think it's highly unlikely both Jack and Elephant are mafia because they both invited me to chats on N1. This seems like a dumb play to do if you're on a team.

If Max is town then I am extremely positive that one of Jack or Elephant is mafia. I strongly agree with Max about their scumread on Jack. At the end of D1 I didn't get the sense that Jack cared whether Webadict or Sofanthiel was lynched, but I also haven't felt like Jack has cared about doing anything in this game. They were just cracking jokes about politics during a critical moment. I know I'm a jokester too but it's a little annoying.

Imp - not mafia, words words words words words words words words
Tric - not mafia
NJW - I really don't think is mafia
Crystal - probably not mafia
FoU - probably not mafia, maybe if there's three mafia but I'm not thinking that way right now

The next three aren't in any decisive order.

Elephant - is the most suspicious of me out of Max/Jack/Elephant, I guessss they're the player I read most town out of the three since after talking and thinking about it D2. In addition Webadict blatantly supported Elephant the most I feel which isn't any different than their attitude towards me, it's not something that can be used as evidence against them.
Max - doesn't seem that suspicious of me, seems to suspect me the least out of the three? Really doesn't like Jack, which I exactly see. They seem to like Elephant or at least think they're in a similar situation as he is, kind of like myself with regards to Web.
Jack - doesn't seem that suspicious of me, they said they're 70% confident I'm town today, their behavior has really bothered me but there's nothing hard saying they're mafia, I want to vote them just reading my own post

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 03, 2024, 03:19:22 pm »

Actually, I should take my own advice and look for web's partner. I think it's most likely in Toony/MS/EJ, and I haven't talked to the former two much, or proactively talked to EJ. I'll give myself a pass on Toony and MS because they've mostly been MIA, though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1457 on: February 03, 2024, 03:21:35 pm »

Talk continues. It's cheap. Feels productive. But the clock ticks on. Soon enough, another exile would come. Would they hasten with a hammer?

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade - [1] Crystalizedmire
- Euchrejack - [1] TricMagic
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [2] NJW2000, Euchrejack
- NJW2000 -
- Toonyman - [1] FallacyofUrist
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass

NQT: Would Dud abilities be useless? Or simply extremely situational?
Completely useless abilities are a possibility, as a sort of freebie, or as an addendum to some other ability. These might not have the Dud sphere. Dud sphere abilities tend to be extremely situationally useful. Some dud examples:

(Dud)(Kill) Give Up [self]: You kill yourself.
(Dud)(Fruit Seller) Rotten Grape [target]: Target receives a grape, which rots, instantly destroying itself. They are not informed of this gift.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 03, 2024, 03:24:29 pm »

Wouldn't that mean you could make a fake emerald out of an item?
I didn't think my bootleg Chaos Emerald would have counted as a fake Chaos Emerald in the sense Webadict and Toonyman were using, or that the (at the time only supposed) rules around fake chaos emeralds had anything to do with my item-renaming item. My actual Chaos Emerald has description text describing it as a Chaos Emerald, which implied to me that my bootleg Chaos Emerald, which would have kept the mechanics and description of the original item, wouldn't have the mechanical properties of a Chaos Emerald.

EDIT: Toony didn't vote yet, but rather moved Max to the top of his scum suspect list.

I think I can vote Maximum Spin, though. This chat about the chats has been far more helpful than Max's unsuccessful bribery.
I agree with you. Maximum Spin seems to be bribing instead of actually wanting to confirm his actions. Why would he announce his actions ahead of time allowing them to be easily disrupted? Though, I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt since I believe it still could be used for good. I think Elephant Parade is scum based on Webadict's flip and suspicion of Imp(towniest town that ever towned) but I'm open to either one being eliminated. I think we can deal with Toony later.
Well, I clearly can
We can't directly quote Mod Confirmed stuff, but as you can infer from the logs, it said something like "EuchreJack can kill Toonyman". Actually, I think my conversation with Toony revealed all the details, since he was most curious about it.

Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
@NJW: Whom were you trying to trade with? Who has the Purple Chaos Emerald?

Oh, I should probably mention this now: I have an item that lets me rename items. This is a nonfree night action, so it isn't very useful. When I wasn't sure about webadict, I was thinking that if I started scumreading him, I might rename one of my items to Turquoise Chaos Emerald or a plausible abbreviation and trade it to him (this is why NQT, during D1, issued a clarification on what happens when you submit a trade offer involving your Foo while having two items named Foo—I had messaged him to ask).
I could always invite you to Jackchat, then you would have one less thing to do.  ;D
Feel free—in fact, I would appreciate it if you committed to inviting me if that's your intent at the end of the day—but I won't be using the marker either way. I should have the magnifying glass, and even if I didn't, I'd be sending out a chat invite, and even if I wasn't, I can't think of anything useful I could do with this thing.
Yeah, I can commit to inviting you to Jackchat. Unless you get lynched, in which case I'll invite Max.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 03, 2024, 03:25:15 pm »

My heart is not set on a EJ lynch.

We clearly need to hear something from MS, or not.

However, EJ, I want you pinned somehow because I think you want me dead and can kill me, and  that you want me dead so bad you'd consider a 50% chance that scum get to kill their target instead, and you redirect to NJW is a good deal.

... That's about as anti-town as web.  But that's the only thing that's 'as' anti-town as web.

And I like you.  And if you're not anti-town, we're actually cool, except this 'kill imp' is not okay, unless you have it as a second wincon and I'm sure it's the last move of a game over town win end - and we know about second wincons, so... I'm listening.

Maybe I misread or misunderstand some stuff.

But you sir, we gotta talk about how to pin you.  Whatcha got?
@Imp: I actually can not kill you, yet.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 03, 2024, 03:25:26 pm »

Thanks, EJ.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1461 on: February 03, 2024, 03:27:16 pm »

I've gone over the thread and yes, they are.
I don't really see this - why isn't Quarque on the list, then?
Has Quarque gone after webadict? I didn't see it.
I felt like Quarque was going after webadict when I looked at their early interactions just now, yeah.

This is an interesting comment from MS D1.

It was about Max's opinion, of EP's opinion, of my opinion, of web's reads, specifically his scum reads.

I still don't understand how Max thought web was scumreading Qua.

Here web outright supported Toony's read:  "Quarque - took fruit-seller and protection with something else, I think they've been upfront and honest with their behavior" with web going Correct on Quarque.

Knowing web was scum, he likely wanted the apple to know exactly what it did to help protect against scum, as well as control how it gets used, but...

He also said this:

I'm more banking on the double execute/kill-less Night strategy.

What's the kill-less Night strategy again?
Quarque has stated having a 1-Shot Ability that disables/stops the Mafiakill, unless he has misstated that or I misremembered that.  I didn't ask for much specifics, but I believe Quarque to be Town, so I'm willing to trust him on this one.

So MS is really weird there.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 03, 2024, 03:30:24 pm »

Oh, I just got a clarification from NQT that I can't target chats I'm not currently in (in the hope that I'll be in them by the end of the night) with my spherecop ability. That was why I wanted you to confirm in advance, EJ. I'm still down to join Jackchat, though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 03, 2024, 03:30:51 pm »

One thing to ask, since NQT makes a point. Have we reached some form of consensus?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 03, 2024, 03:32:07 pm »

Hell no.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 03, 2024, 03:32:18 pm »

One thing to ask, since NQT makes a point. Have we reached some form of consensus?
Unless everyone starts to act on their desire to vote me, then no

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 03, 2024, 03:34:04 pm »

To clarify: Max and Toony, two of today's top suspects, have barely posted. It wouldn't be smart to end the day without giving them more time to post.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 03, 2024, 03:38:43 pm »

@Imp: I actually can not kill you, yet.

Sounds good.

You pinned is some sort of at least one action really confirmable stuff.

Invites to chat are not something I'm sure is worth an action, that's not gonna make me think you are pinned.

Giving someone, like Tric, that emerald you have, that takes an action.  Would give him a tradeable item too.

What do people, especially Tric, think of this?  It's confirmable, and as far as we know, give takes an action (I am sure give can become free, at least for some, and I am sure I have not made give free for EJ).

I'm not convinced anyone has just one action.  I'm not convinced we can ensure that anyone 'can't do something else still if they wanted to and were set up for it'.  Or even that someone else can't use the person, even in secret, dud-grape-like ways.

Anyway.  I've got Xanatos thinking to do. What do you all think about the idea of that as a 'haha, but actually, could work' pin of at least one of EJ's actions N2?

EJ, if you wanna discuss something even townier than that you can do that you think I'd consider a 'haha, but actually, could work' pin of you, I'm listening.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 03, 2024, 03:41:56 pm »

My read of the game state:

EuchreJack: 1 vote, three people saying some variation of "would like to vote", "am thinking of voting", or "would vote him or someone else"

Town seems fairly split on Elephant Parade and Maximum Spin. Several people suspect it is one of them, but people aren't sure which one.

There is a growing minority that think Toony should be lynched. And they're all idiots in my eyes, since I can kill Toony.

Outliers are Imp, NJW, and Fallacy, as only 1 or 2 people think they are scum, and most people read them as Town.

Crystal has escaped much suspicion, is generally viewed as town.

Tric is Tric. His success on Day 1 should grant him the Immunity Token from Today's Lynch, and town has wisely done this.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 03, 2024, 03:42:25 pm »

I consensus we need more time, and I hope everyone else consensus that too.

I will not vote until I am ready for the day to end.  None of you need me to vote to elim, but consider that my clear indication that I believe I am ready for the day to end, and especially with the person I vote being the elim (again, you all control yourselves, but I won't vote until I'm ready for day end, and I won't vote for anyone I don't want to be the day-end elim, hammer or otherwise.  I have no preference for hammers or not, when I'm ready for day end).
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 153