Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59399 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1410 on: February 03, 2024, 11:35:21 am »

Imp: I honestly can't reveal that much, or even that this will work at all. It's fairly likely to work, but I make no promises.

Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald

I doubt removing the kill sphere will do much against mafia or SK, as those are factional and not... spherical (?)

But Max is welcome to try if he survives today.

Max: Regarding the tie thing, I thought that we weren't sure of the outcome of a tie, or how it would be decided, due to this post. I realise there are other interpretations.

Also, you can't sheep me if I'm voting you.

Still pressed for time and not really caught up. Don't really see the EJ lim, feel Toony, Max and FoU the most dubious. Toony and Max due to their cooperation with Web yesterday. FoU for weak-ass reads at the start of D1, for an atrociously fluffy post here, and the yet to be justified focus on me that came after it.

In fact:

FoU: your last six posts suggest you think I'm quite possibly scum, and the best elim after Toony, or at least the most important focus today.

So... are you going to say something about my behaviour or ask me a question?

I'm potentially interested in the possibility of eliminating Toony with you. You need me at least a bit onside to do that. You don't have to townread me, or even defend a scumread on me, but you have to show some actual thought behind mentioning me a dozen times, not just idle mechanical speculation about the bible page. Otherwise there's no way I can be happy on the same wagon as you. Or indeed on a wagon that isn't you.
One wheel short of a wagon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 03, 2024, 11:37:30 am »

The Magnifying Glass checks what spheres were used on the phase the target died. It's useful for gathering  information. Knowing that information can only help you discover who killed them.
Oh, OK. That is indeed probably better than my invite. If Toony survives, it's almost certainly better than my invite.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 03, 2024, 11:39:44 am »

I misremembered what Tric did; I thought he targeted Quarque and got no result, not webadict. You're right that it would be weird but it would be possible with a pure mafiakill ability.

None of my actions are limited. I've explained the full details of my first chat invite and my cop. Seeing if a dead person gets necromancy'd seems like a poor use of my night action compared to inviting someone, giving them the ability to invite someone, and copping them for a sphere.

I'm shocked that mistake is possible.

Qua was alive when Tric used that glass.  I don't get that you appear not to understand that Tric checked the dead scum, between possible targets dead scum and dead neutral third party, with no other possible targets.

I can and will put in your hands the power for you personally to check the detectable spheres used on the dead Qua.  This gives you 100% certain knowledge of those detectable spheres.  I will give you this in exchange for that item you call useless and want to see traded, to confirm whatever you think is important about it.  But I expect you to publicly report your results and allow it to be confirmable in some way, and you're committed to use of the item.

Think it over, please, with your new understanding, and when you feel ready, say yes or no.

If you tell me no, I expect you to have unlimited ability to cop out spheres, so that your better pro-town use is to investigate instead of use the glass, because you can investigate any night and use the report from the glass to help confirm the reporter as well as the report.

It's hard for me to see any other pro-town reason for you to refuse, other than you have unlimited rolecop.  And I can ensure we can check what you report from glass use, a little imperfectly, but I can check and balance you even if you lie.  Take me a while longer without your help.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 03, 2024, 11:42:50 am »

Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald

Whoops, I cannot trade you the purple one, I'm sorry, but this is my only offer I will make you today for that item, please adjust to match me.

Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 03, 2024, 11:43:17 am »

EDIT: Toony didn't vote yet, but rather moved Max to the top of his scum suspect list.

I think I can vote Maximum Spin, though. This chat about the chats has been far more helpful than Max's unsuccessful bribery.
I agree with you. Maximum Spin seems to be bribing instead of actually wanting to confirm his actions. Why would he announce his actions ahead of time allowing them to be easily disrupted? Though, I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt since I believe it still could be used for good. I think Elephant Parade is scum based on Webadict's flip and suspicion of Imp(towniest town that ever towned) but I'm open to either one being eliminated. I think we can deal with Toony later.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 03, 2024, 11:45:58 am »

I doubt removing the kill sphere will do much against mafia or SK, as those are factional and not... spherical (?)

But Max is welcome to try if he survives today.

My thoughts, maybe SK gets a hidden sphere!  I never even considered that too, only the mafiakill sphere, that's brilliant and thank you for mentioning it.

But it does neuter town (until kill sphere pops back up again, if it does, which I expect without certain knowledge of.  But mutate and other things, new items coming into play, so many reasons to think new kill sphere can happen later), and confirms that all kills until there are other kills are SK/Mafiakill, which is useful.

Does my idea have other flaws?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 03, 2024, 11:49:08 am »

Imp: It was a fairly silly mistake, yes. Anyway, I'm OK with taking the glass for now. I may reconsider if it looks like Toonyman is going to be lynched (I know you don't want that) or I think of an extremely strong way to use my action.

Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass

Crystallizedmire, how confident are you that I'm scum?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 03, 2024, 11:49:39 am »

Imp(towniest town that ever towned)

My current preference to pin/kill 3 suspicious folks:

Max agrees to remove kill sphere, or explains why he can't, and we decide something else.

EP trades me that airsoft rifle for the glass, uses it, reports, and trades it back to me for something tomorrow - I commit to confirming the result and passing that glass to someone else to confirm as well.

I lean towards EJ elim today, since those two sus folks got pins (but the chance of secret 2+ actions.  We saw web's flip.  That number can go very high, but needs time.  This is D2/N2.  That may not be enough time to be super multi-action yet for those that can get there).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 03, 2024, 11:54:27 am »

I may reconsider

I am open to townie reasons to reconsider, thus I want someone else with an emerald or someone other very low value item to offer me a trade for that glass.  I commit to taking the other person's offer first, then changing it to EP's offer.

This means if EP changes their offer at any point, I have a backup taker who also agrees to use the glass.  This helps free me to use the action I will otherwise commit to glass-use on something even better.  I have something even better to do with that action than 'most' pro-townie things that can be done with it.

I consider wishbones low value items, since there appear to be three of them.  I'd be glad of a wishbone offer as well.  But I will accept EP's trade 'last' so if EP doesn't change his mind, that is the trade that happens, and if EP does change his mind, I have a second taker who will use that glass for town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 03, 2024, 11:56:02 am »

EuchreJack

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 03, 2024, 11:58:30 am »

I may reconsider

I am open to townie reasons to reconsider, thus I want someone else with an emerald or someone other very low value item to offer me a trade for that glass.  I commit to taking the other person's offer first, then changing it to EP's offer.

This means if EP changes their offer at any point, I have a backup taker who also agrees to use the glass.  This helps free me to use the action I will otherwise commit to glass-use on something even better.  I have something even better to do with that action than 'most' pro-townie things that can be done with it.

I consider wishbones low value items, since there appear to be three of them.  I'd be glad of a wishbone offer as well.  But I will accept EP's trade 'last' so if EP doesn't change his mind, that is the trade that happens, and if EP does change his mind, I have a second taker who will use that glass for town.
This makes sense to me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 03, 2024, 12:00:39 pm »

EuchreJack

Appreciate your support, but let's ensure 0 chance of hammer because we have... convoluted stuff to discuss.

Also, what if Max doesn't agree to remove kill sphere in some convincing way?  I cannot tell you how scared I am of Cthulhu of the 13 spheres and 25 actions, and that the water may be rising.  But removing kill sphere may help make so many things possible to detect and control, maybe we risk the water getting higher.  Also, I don't know for sure Max, or EJ, but wow, I have strong reasons for sus of both.

Also, this plan needs time to talk it over, so I'll take 'My vote now is EJ' as hammer-proof use of vote, I'm tracking that at least  ;D

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 03, 2024, 12:05:59 pm »

The 3 votes on MS... I'd appreciate those backed down too.

I'm already set to take the EP trade, but I'd love that backup offer made first, so I can switch to backup offer, then switch back to EP.

Please avoid hammers, except... if we hammer MS.... Well I am that scared and will take what we can get.  Probably more pro-town to set more stuff up first, this is a complex game.  Also, if Max is not anti-town, I do want him alive, and I'm not 100% convinced yet.  I was of web, Max I'm only about 65% sure.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 03, 2024, 12:08:47 pm »

I don't understand why you're so scared of hammers. Nobody is at L-1. Hell, EJ isn't even at L-2.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 03, 2024, 12:10:03 pm »

I don't understand why you're so scared of hammers. Nobody is at L-1. Hell, EJ isn't even at L-2.

One reason is, NJW messed up the trade offer.

If we hammer, I don't get that artefact.  Maybe you all, or some of you all, think that's a great idea.

If you think I'm town, you want that trade corrected.

There's probably other unfinished business today too.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 153