Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59484 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1395 on: February 03, 2024, 08:49:17 am »

I kinda figured there was a gun in play. Certainly dangerous enough.

Eh, if Toony doesn't want to interact with chats, will sheep Fallacy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 03, 2024, 10:22:29 am »

I am very displeased in general.  When you wonder what the bleep you read in this, you read NAI imp, or town imp if you insist, is angry with multiple people.

Tric   >:( :'(
Eh, if Toony doesn't want to interact with chats, will sheep Fallacy.

Your town action is to vote Toony because either Toony is not happy about having all this to keep up with, or because FoU wants it?  That sucks.  Are you not thinking and lashing out, or can you explain why and how this is anti-town of Toony?  Even town accepts only so much.

Toony :o 8) gets a longer leash from me for what I've read of and about these shared chats.  Toony is town.  If Toony is not town, well I'm allowed to be wrong too, and we have more time to handle that.  Furthermore, if this game is a blend of both the last two games I played, then Toony is clearly vanilla town/Superhero, in my eyes at least.

I have another artefact… could trade for that? It’s the six shooter. Happy to do the emerald for it.

NJW 
Hell yes.  I am so sorry my absolute yes was not clearer.  Make the offer so I can change my offer to match.  Thank you.  I have already committed to not knowingly using, allowing, or triggering use of kills in this game while the Page remains in NJW's hands.  If I continue to trust you, and we both continue to survive, I will choose to empower you as I see fit throughout the game.  That will likely be through trade, which is no problem except maybe somehow ensuring you always get an item and never lose them, so you always have something to trade.  However it might be useful if you reveal if you can simply be given stuff, as is you've implied leave you 100% alone at night and let you do what you do, so I won't even try the normal 'give' with you as is.

Everyone:
Also, there's nothing stopping multiple trades of different items.  Nobody can trade A for X and A for Y, but any of us can trade A for X and B for Y.  Unlimited trades, folks, if you have the items.

I support kill as a sphere being removed from the game should that be possible to do.  It appears confirmable.  Has Max claimed they can remove a blue sphere?  Or is the claim something else?  We have the elimination.  We've been using it pretty well.  I wonder what happens to SK who lose their kill?  Clearly, all they have is the lynch.  We should discuss the advantage and disadvantage of removing the kill sphere from play.  It would increase my trust of most of you greatly, and leave the mafiakill(s) the only kill in the game until some new change happens to return kill to play.  It also gives you more time to convince everyone you're townie.  I never said my mind was closed on that, and I so far today stand between you and a hammer, as far as I am concerned.  You are my most likely scumpick, but for this you get a very short leash, not a gallows, because there's so many ways to confirm if you actually do this.

But that's just my thoughts and feelings about it.  I'm listening to all of you, most of you are town.  However I think it's likely there's more than one anti-town out there, I expect 2-3 antitown in a game of 9, so I am not surprised with 2-4 antitown in a game of 12.

EJ in particular is a loose cannon not on ball with what I consider town plans, and who explicitly wants me killed by EJ at night.  I consider this untownie and support EJ losing the ability to kill until he regains it.  I also support his elim, which is another way for him to be neutered by town.  This may be the game where I really learn why townies may fight for their own life with intensity.  I suspect EJ gets a prize for killing me.  If this is a merge of the last two games, FBYOR had me knowing an auto that mafia knew that kill whoever had my role and get a prize.  Ironic if this game I don't know and it's SK that know they get a prize for the same thing.  That's speculation, but I see evidence in EJ's behavior.  Let's neuter or kill EJ.  Neuter would be removal of kill sphere from game, if possible, which I am not sure is possible.  Either way, this gives Max reason and room to be honest about what his ability is expected to do, and still have a chance to live a day.  I want to see how everyone responds to this, especially Max, but everyone.

I am not responsible for my receiving the apple.  I currently suspect that Qua forcefed me last night, and gave me an apple.  Free and 1 action, totally possible.  But why not forcefeed someone last night - maybe a kill was prevented, no idea who but suspect myself with EJ thinking I should be killed by EJ for EJ's benefit.  That explains his desire to have me with that apple in anyone else's hands.

Let's get kill sphere out of the game, for now.  I'm sure it comes back like a weed, even if I never make an item.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 03, 2024, 10:52:20 am »

Also, NJW.  You've confirmed you're comfortable drawing kill/nightkill, at very least once.

If we should expect them to simply reflect off of you into the crowd, I'd appreciate if you tell us that.  There's many ways you are possibly handling this.  I'm hoping you can eat the kill instead of give it away.  I get that you may not choose to reveal anything.  I already approved the page in your hands.  I will trade you magnifying glass for Page today if you choose to get rid of the Page, but if so:

You are also committing to using the magnifying glass on Qua tonight and reporting the results to us all tomorrow.

And then trading the glass to myself, Tric, or... distant third Toony.  Ideally NJW gets answers, me or Tric confirms the answers, and then we try to verify whatever Toony says, just as a safeguard.  Glass coming back to me tomorrow as a trade is ideal if possible, I'm not done with the darn thing yet.  When I am it'll be obvious and even more useful, but someone should use it tonight and ideally not me.

Next - everyone except NJW, MS and EJ - I am delighted to trade that magnifying glass for a non-artefact item and your promise you use that glass tonight on Qua.  This is to give me more to trade with later and make my actions freer tonight.  I'd take a useless item by strong preference, emerald or that item that just targets.... in fact.

Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle  but if you accept this, EP, you also accept and commit to using it tonight on Qua and reporting the results tomorrow, otherwise I want someone else to take it with that commitment.  You are my top choice for it if you agree.  If you don't want to commit to spending the action and state that, cool, NAI, I can see pro-town reasons and will try to find another taker.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 03, 2024, 10:57:25 am »

I can't commit to using the magnifying glass. I will probably want to send a chat invite tonight. If Toony is lynched, I will definitely want to send a chat invite tonight so I can spherecop someone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 03, 2024, 11:00:49 am »

What were Toony's Spheres?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 03, 2024, 11:02:27 am »

nqt:

is this in error, or correct?
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Because I see:

Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald

And am very curious if you can tell us what makes that not a valid trade.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 03, 2024, 11:04:41 am »

I can't commit to using the magnifying glass. I will probably want to send a chat invite tonight. If Toony is lynched, I will definitely want to send a chat invite tonight so I can spherecop someone.

And presuming Toony is not lynched, you still want to not commit your action to using this, correct?

I am very strongly opposed to Toony being eliminated today.  I'd take a you lynch though if I had to, to prevent a Toony lynch, and I'm glad to have your action confirmable and put to a known pro-town use.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 03, 2024, 11:10:06 am »

What were Toony's Spheres?
I don't know beyond "not Blowback" and what I can guess. I explained how my ability works here:

Anyway, I invited Toonyman to my "Town Hall" groupchat last night. I picked him because I wanted him onside if he was town and he was a good target for my free-action AoE sphere cop ability if he wasn't. Here's how it works: I pick a chat I'm in and a sphere. I learn if anybody in that chat (except me) or any of the people they share a chat with (once again, except me) has that sphere on any of their things, including items. I submitted Toonyman + Blowback (because he hypothesized early in D1 that he thought his cursed item might be because someone took Blowback, and it seemed plausible to me that scum would have it because their partner took Blowback) and got false, so neither Toonyman nor anyone in his other groupchat(s) should have anything tagged with Blowback. Note: in my server, at the start of D2, I asked Toonyman to claim if he took Blowback and he said no.

I kept notes in my groupchat in D1 in case I died that night, but most of them aren't very interesting; the only major thing I didn't post in-thread was a conspiracy theory that Quarque's ability relied on an implausible sphere path, which was based on false pretenses and is obviously irrelevant now anyway.

Also, because I invited him, he gained a copy of the power I used to invite him, so he can invite other people if he feels like blowing a night action on it.

And presuming Toony is not lynched, you still want to not commit your action to using this, correct?

I am very strongly opposed to Toony being eliminated today.  I'd take a you lynch though if I had to, to prevent a Toony lynch, and I'm glad to have your action confirmable and put to a known pro-town use.
Yes, I still don't want to. Why not give it to Tric?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 03, 2024, 11:15:33 am »

Because they took all my items. I don't have anything to trade. Also think learning what spheres were used on Quarque is a better use than another chat with a single sphere check. Toony has global check. I'd do it myself, but once again, I don't have it anymore.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 03, 2024, 11:17:41 am »

Because they took all my items. I don't have anything to trade. Also think learning what spheres were used on Quarque is a better use than another chat with a single sphere check. Toony has global check. I'd do it myself, but once again, I don't have it anymore.
Hmm, you're right that you can't trade for it. But I still disagree -- last night no spheres were used on him, and the same could happen tonight. I don't think we even know if anyone took Necromancy?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 03, 2024, 11:20:42 am »

Yes, I still don't want to. Why not give it to Tric?

I eventually do intend to give it to Tric in one way or another.  But it needs to be used tonight.  If someone trades it, they can make that use, and I can do something else more useful overall.  If not, I am committed to that use and reporting the result.

If someone can trade for it (and yes, Tric can't, alas and in no way Tric's fault) that is a great answer, based on if folks agree I'm townie and think this is a better answer than my using it.  If you don't trust me to trade it and leave me that action tonight, then you shouldn't trust me to use it and honestly report the results.  Fine with me if you choose to try and 'trap' me with it, I swear as NAI that I am using it and honestly reporting on it, or trading it to someone who commits.

I don't know if you can make unlimited chats/alignment cops.

If not - we're gonna know the detectable spheres used on Qua.  I have a 'good' plan to make it easy to confirm the glass's result and I don't care who confirms it, though I'd prefer any of my high townie picks.

If you have to choose a limited number of spheres to hunt for - don'tcha wanna hunt for one known to have been used on Qua the night Qua died?

If you have unlimited uses of your hunt, cool beans, hunt it up!  I confirm at this time I have no private chats, you may check me for anything at any point and we can ignore or use that PM as we both choose.  I will never speak in it unless you do first, unless I have an extremely strong reason to tell you something privately, and right now I can't think of anything I would tell you that I wouldn't tell the class.

If you have limited uses, what the heck are you doing using them up before we even know the sphere(s) used on the dead townie?  I'm surprised, if you have limited uses, that you don't personally want to ensure you know the real and true spheres used on Qua N1.  If you have unlimited uses, you absolutely should be hunting for folks who shouldn't have private chats, that's a really, really good use of your action and I very strongly support you not having/using that glass tonight.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 03, 2024, 11:22:27 am »

Hmm, you're right that you can't trade for it. But I still disagree -- last night no spheres were used on him, and the same could happen tonight. I don't think we even know if anyone took Necromancy?

EP, please help me.  Somehow I got confused.

Qua is dead, right?

How could Qua die last night and "last night no spheres were used on him".  Or are you talking about someone else?  If so, who do you mean?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 03, 2024, 11:29:48 am »

More importantly, how could they know that. At least 1 sphere would have to have been used, the undetectable mafiakill sphere. By saying none were used, you suggest it was a standard mafiakill with no attached spheres Elephant.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 03, 2024, 11:30:10 am »

Imp: My understanding is that the magnifying glass checks the current phase, not the phase the target died:

Also, I'll go ahead and say Imp was Right, and webadict wanted them lynched for it.

Max, what di you do last night that's easily confirmable? I can say I am out of shots for my double lynch at the moment given it didn't hit town.
Mission Accomplishednqt

I used my Magnifying Glass on webadict, no tricks apparent.
Sorry, are you implying what I think you're implying? That you have an ability to detect false flips, implying flips can be false?
I've already revealed what it did day 1. It checked the dead player and if any spheres were used on them that phase. I was mostly worried for necromancy, admittedly.

Not having an item, I don't have any more night actions.

Are you saying I'm wrong about that?

How could Qua die last night and "last night no spheres were used on him".  Or are you talking about someone else?  If so, who do you mean?
I misremembered what Tric did; I thought he targeted Quarque and got no result, not webadict. You're right that it would be weird but it would be possible with a pure mafiakill ability.

None of my actions are limited. I've explained the full details of my first chat invite and my cop. Seeing if a dead person gets necromancy'd seems like a poor use of my night action compared to inviting someone, giving them the ability to invite someone, and copping them for a sphere.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 03, 2024, 11:34:26 am »

The Magnifying Glass checks what spheres were used on the phase the target died. It's useful for gathering  information. Knowing that information can only help you discover who killed them.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 153