Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58798 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1170 on: February 02, 2024, 01:26:47 am »

Why would Toony still have blowback? He traded away his Bible item to NJW prior to your recruitment + scan, so naturally NJW would be the one with the item that had blowback.
It wasn't Toony I expected to have blowback, it was scum!Toony's scumbuddy. After all, if Toony received a baleful item as a result of Blowback, someone of his alignment (i.e., if he was scum, someone he shared a groupchat with) should have Blowback and therefore be caught by my inspect. There is the possibility that someone would take Blowback and not receive any abilities with the tag, only give the items to other people, but that feels wrong to me; I think they would at least get an informational auto.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 02, 2024, 01:32:35 am »

Fair is fair, since Elephant is giving reads, so am I.

Town
- TricMagic - Ability lead to scum & third party elimination
- Imp - Successfully voted out Webadict
- FallacyofUrist -  Is not scum!Fallacy

Probably Town
- Crystalizedmire - Successfully voted out Webadict
- Toonyman - Too much focus by Webadict. It was a two way street: Toony wanted to believe in Webadict, and Web fed right into that.

Suspects
- NJW2000 - I would prefer to hear more from them
- Maximum Spin - Could be partners with Web
- Elephant Parade - Could be partners with Web

I should really be getting to bed myself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 02, 2024, 01:36:46 am »

Why would Toony still have blowback? He traded away his Bible item to NJW prior to your recruitment + scan, so naturally NJW would be the one with the item that had blowback.
It wasn't Toony I expected to have blowback, it was scum!Toony's scumbuddy. After all, if Toony received a baleful item as a result of Blowback, someone of his alignment (i.e., if he was scum, someone he shared a groupchat with) should have Blowback and therefore be caught by my inspect. There is the possibility that someone would take Blowback and not receive any abilities with the tag, only give the items to other people, but that feels wrong to me; I think they would at least get an informational auto.
So, is that a three-person scumteam that you are hunting?
How did Toony get the baleful item as a result of Blowback if he himself did not have the sphere?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 02, 2024, 01:37:30 am »

I am inspired to direct this to sof up in heaven as homage, respect, and appreciation.  I'm probably also talking to someone still in play as well.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhnFvxTjok
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 02, 2024, 01:40:38 am »

How did Toony get the baleful item as a result of Blowback if he himself did not have the sphere?
Blowback: Your abilities may cause direct or indirect harm to yourself or your team, or aid to your enemies.
I think Toony himself hypothesized that he had the item because a town player had taken Blowback and received an auto that caused other town players to be given baleful items. I applied the same logic.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 02, 2024, 01:42:56 am »

Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page

As I understand, so long as the Bible Page keeps moving, it doesn't do anything. So posting this in case NJW needs it to move again. Please please please someone take it from me tomorrow, alright?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 02, 2024, 01:45:29 am »

Blowback: Your abilities may cause direct or indirect harm to yourself or your team, or aid to your enemies.
I think Toony himself hypothesized that he had the item because a town player had taken Blowback and received an auto that caused other town players to be given baleful items. I applied the same logic.
Well, assuming that the Bible Page has the Blowback sphere attached to it, then I think you've successfully proven that NJW and Toonyman do not share a private chat. Everything helps!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 02, 2024, 01:46:24 am »

Why keep trading it? Wouldn't it be better to make the second-scummiest player hold on to it so scum can't kill anyone else without getting around it?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 02, 2024, 01:47:45 am »

Well, assuming that the Bible Page has the Blowback sphere attached to it, then I think you've successfully proven that NJW and Toonyman do not share a private chat. Everything helps!
So the Bible Page itself has the [blowback] tag? I did not actually know that. Can either Toonyman or NJW confirm?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 02, 2024, 01:48:37 am »

Why keep trading it? Wouldn't it be better to make the second-scummiest player hold on to it so scum can't kill anyone else without getting around it?

Checking, are you saying NJW is the second scummiest player in your eyes?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 02, 2024, 01:49:15 am »

So the Bible Page itself has the [blowback] tag? I did not actually know that. Can either Toonyman or NJW confirm?
...I thought you asked him.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 02, 2024, 01:51:02 am »

Oh, you said assuming. Still, it'd be interesting to know, though my intuition says it doesn't have it.

Checking, are you saying NJW is the second scummiest player in your eyes?
I am not (see my reads list). I am advocating for making one person hold it instead of intentionally trading it every day to nullify the effect; this would obviously still require it to be traded to someone else, unless NJW is inexplicably willing to keep it.

...I thought you asked him.
No, I just asked him, "Are you Blowback?" and he said no.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 02, 2024, 01:55:08 am »

I am perplexed why you guys think this item is a problem or should be traded.  But I'm pretty sure I am not confused and that NJW isn't either.  This was discussed pretty in depth.

Ok, this is a bit dubious but I'll take the hot potato item. Don't action me with a protect or anything, my ability should take care of it on its own.

He's ready to hold it and take what comes.  I'm ready to take it the moment he doesn't want it.  I'll trade or accept a secret gift, because I think it's aOK for scum to have no idea if he has it or he's given it to me.  I swear to do very pro-town things with it if I get it, including not let scum know if it's still eating NK/Kills in NJW's hands or doing something else.

Now, why do you guys want this item moving around still?

Do you both really have no idea that it's held by person with back up person who think this is a good pro-town placement choice?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 02, 2024, 01:55:44 am »

It doesn't, the Bible Page had redirection and vulnerability, neither are spheres in my role. I don't know if blowback would be a sphere on it. I don't think that theory has any water now because of the revelation that some players started with novelist items as well, such as Tric. Mine just happens to do what it does I guess.

NJW should hold onto the Bible Page, if he retains it until the end of N2 then he'll redirect the kill to himself. Considering that he wanted the Page so bad I assume he wants this to happen.

Between Max/Elephant/Jack:
On a read level I like Jack the least. I townread Max and Elephant more.

Webadict flipping mafia makes me like Elephant the least and Jack the most. But I think Webadict flipping mafia also makes me look really bad, and I'm town. I don't think this should be weighed that heavily.

I need to read D1 interactions more.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 02, 2024, 01:57:41 am »

Since 'give' exists, how and why are we thinking we can force 'the second-scummiest' person to hold onto it?  We lynch them if we find out they gave it to anyone the next day?  This plan seems, weird.  Not sure we'd even agree who the second scummiest person was either.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 153