Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59322 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1125 on: February 01, 2024, 07:55:04 pm »

Apparently, NJW somehow survived his possession of the bible page already, and we have no reason to believe he can't survive it again.

based on those who discussed this Page very closely, it doesn't work if traded until the next night after it's traded.  So, most of us understood, and openly discussed, that the Page wasn't going to do anything N1, since it was traded D1, but if NJW still has it tonight, it's working there for N2.

So, based on those claims and the lack of this Page appearing in my grasp, which was what I asked for as the fall back plan, I think NJW has it, it does what was claimed or close enough, and it hasn't been used/tested yet.

We find out more tonight maybe!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 01, 2024, 07:56:59 pm »

Ninja.
VERY SUS.  >:( >:( >:(
But we're still not voting Imp.

Cool.  Explain why this is very sus.

Really, really really.  I could vote you over this.  I need to know why you need to know, and why you see this all the way up to sus at the level you see this.

Maybe I'm making a terrible mistake.  How is what I'm doing harmful to town?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 01, 2024, 07:59:02 pm »

@Imp: This is my explanation, that I was typing as you made your two posts.
We have a word to describe players that "muddy the waters"
That word is "scum"

Don't be like scum. 
Help us figure things out. Help town clarify things in the open, since we don't have a scumchat to plot and scheme.

Do everyone a favor and save the 200 IQ moves for the likes of Toonyman or Max, who are veterans that can more successfully pull them off.
Or at least they know the risks due to their vast experience, and can properly weigh the pros and cons. We newer townies can help by giving accurate information, or at least by not spreading misinformation.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 01, 2024, 08:01:50 pm »

@Imp: This is my explanation, that I was typing as you made your two posts.
We have a word to describe players that "muddy the waters"
That word is "scum"

Don't be like scum. 
Help us figure things out. Help town clarify things in the open, since we don't have a scumchat to plot and scheme.

Do everyone a favor and save the 200 IQ moves for the likes of Toonyman or Max, who are veterans that can more successfully pull them off.
Or at least they know the risks due to their vast experience, and can properly weigh the pros and cons. We newer townies can help by giving accurate information, or at least by not spreading misinformation.

What I get from this is you, with your experience and intellect, cannot see a pro-town reason or use for my actions.  And you think I'm wrong/incapable of finding any reasonable pro-town outcome for what I'm doing.

Neat.  I accept your suspicion.  I find your suspicious.

I wonder how many others find the sum total of my actions, and/or this one thing alone, very sus/anti-town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 01, 2024, 08:06:38 pm »

...but whatever. Web wanted Imp dead, and Web was mafia. Toony wants Imp alive, and seems townie enough. So we're not voting Imp today, even if this apple business is sus.
Ninja.
VERY SUS.  >:( >:( >:(
But we're still not voting Imp.

@Imp: I don't want to talk with you any more. I explicitly have stated that we are NOT voting you.
If I continue this conversation, I don't think I can keep that promise. And I do NOT want to vote you.

ElephantParade is the correct vote. Ignoring Imp is also the correct move.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 01, 2024, 08:12:42 pm »

Where is Fallacy?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 01, 2024, 08:18:43 pm »

Alright, since I don't think anyone else's brought it up,

Weird that this is the first post I see when I wake up. I can't shake the feeling that this is exactly the most likely team.

Your weird talk about being masons with them.
You tell web & toony jump (vote CM) - they jump.

Fallacy's post on how Toony keeps doing this thing where he asserts things without providing reasons was a great coherent argument from him, I'm impressed. The thing is, all three of you have been doing that.

And then I see both Toony and web assert that we need to keep Max alive because he supposedly can separate the lovers, which is a disturbingly bad non-alignment reason to keep someone alive.

If you think Max is town, you keep him alive.
If you think Max is scum, you lynch him and any golden mountains he promised are irrelevant.
And it doesn't even matter in the first place, because the two of them are vulnerable to a nightkill too so if mafia wants the 2-for-1 they can always get it.

So yeah, there are a lot of universes where you three are a team. I have to type this before I go to work and day 1 ends.

Quarque was very suspicious of a Max / Toony / web team before the Day ended. And now he's dead. I'd still like to see ToonyMan dead, no matter how much some people refuse to consider him as a candidate. But as EP advised, I'll look at the actions of other players, too. Getting too tunneled won't help me here.

I'm no longer vulnerable to EuchreJack's death, but the replacement I got is... interesting. Still not sure if I want to claim it. This does make me more inclined to trust Max, but multi-action is always on the table, so I can't rule out he's the killer.

I will happily claim that my own night action is entirely confirmable, though. If anyone feels like they've been duped, please speak up. No need to fully explain, unless you have a good reason.

Where is Fallacy?
Right here.

I was a bit late for work today, so I had to stay late consequently. I'm back home, now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 01, 2024, 08:21:49 pm »

If anyone feels like they've been duped, please speak up.

I wonder if we have any other dupers though?  If so, that may not confirm much.

Of note, I did not that I know of cause any duplicated abilities last night.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 01, 2024, 08:26:37 pm »

Where is Fallacy?
Right here.

I was a bit late for work today, so I had to stay late consequently. I'm back home, now.
I feel that.  Been there, done that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 01, 2024, 08:30:34 pm »

Quarque was very suspicious of a Max / Toony / web team before the Day ended. And now he's dead. I'd still like to see ToonyMan dead, no matter how much some people refuse to consider him as a candidate.
I was gonna say "no". But then I thought, "MVM5 round 3", so I decided to instead say, if webadict and ToonyMan are the mafia and I went along with everything they say again, and so did Jack kinda, then I will actually just quit mafia. I cannot take that again.

I will happily claim that my own night action is entirely confirmable, though. If anyone feels like they've been duped, please speak up. No need to fully explain, unless you have a good reason.
If anyone feels like they've been duped, please speak up.

I wonder if we have any other dupers though?  If so, that may not confirm much.

Of note, I did not that I know of cause any duplicated abilities last night.
Is that what that was supposed to mean? It's weird that you got that out of that. I don't think anyone would have jumped to "duplicate" from that.

That might be what happened to my ability, I guess, I did get a copy of it. Consider this a very weak confirmation unless someone else claims to have done that.

I feel like there was something earlier in the thread I was going to respond to, or something, but I don't remember right now so I'll just reread it later, hopefully after getting some sleep.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 01, 2024, 08:33:04 pm »

I'm no longer vulnerable to EuchreJack's death

I like helping people unless it's against my wincon, and there's currently a totally helpless and powerless player who can win with town.  Who died while helping town, but can still win.

If we get the chance, I'd love for us to, without causing problems for any townie/anyone but those we gotta harm anyway, try to work towards
Spoiler: sof's wincon (click to show/hide)
Fal, did you have an event that qualifies?  For those of us who easily and harmlessly can, be great in my eyes if we achieve that on our way to win.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 01, 2024, 08:34:15 pm »

I feel like there was something earlier in the thread I was going to respond to, or something, but I don't remember right now so I'll just reread it later, hopefully after getting some sleep.

Sleep well!  Maybe it was the reads list I asked for?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 01, 2024, 08:38:52 pm »

I'm fishing for good. And I changed my mind again. I would like to know the number of non-emerald items each player started with, if they're comfortable with that. I began with three.

Can you explain why you believe this is useful for town to know, and not useful for anti-town to know?

Or, maybe it's that you think it's more useful for town than anti-town to know?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 01, 2024, 08:44:05 pm »

Fal, did you have an event that qualifies?  For those of us who easily and harmlessly can, be great in my eyes if we achieve that on our way to win.
I suppose only Fallacy can say for sure, since I don't get to know what effect my actions have, but I strongly believe they will qualify, yes. Unfortunately, I probably do not have the ability to change everyone by myself, although having one of my actions copied does help, so if that keeps happening, maybe I will.

Sleep well!  Maybe it was the reads list I asked for?
No, I remember that, and I'll get to it when I can focus long enough to type more than... this many sentences.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 01, 2024, 08:44:32 pm »

I think on a purely mechanical level it's evil of NQT to give me an Emerald knowledge ability when the player it benefits would be Mafia, but whatever.

Spoiler: Hey, about 'evil nqt'. (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 153