Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59336 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1095 on: February 01, 2024, 06:26:42 pm »

Well that turned out horribly for them. Doctor could not save thyself.
Safe to say there probably aren't anymore either, so.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 01, 2024, 06:27:15 pm »

This will sound very stupid, but I misread one of Quarque's posts and the discussion around it and thought he had an ability that globally disabled/protected against the mafiakill, rather than a single-target super-protect.
I don't think that's stupid. I thought he might have been saying the same thing, although I wasn't sure. The phrasing strongly implied it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 01, 2024, 06:29:33 pm »

This will sound very stupid, but I misread one of Quarque's posts and the discussion around it and thought he had an ability that globally disabled/protected against the mafiakill, rather than a single-target super-protect.

Nah.  It has some sus-ness, but not much, to me.  Qua said very little about how and if they could save Toony, and they threw an if on it and other limits.

I believe Qua saw we made other plans, and didn't choose to say more like "Nah, I can save Toony, keep the Page" there.

Unfortunate, because unless there was more than one kill used N1, or some other redirection or block, forcefeed would have saved everyone if just one kill/nightkill was used.

Qua, I'm sorry.  I can only plan around what I know.  I figured you'd be as reluctant to discuss specifics as NJW was when I tried to learn more about specific vs nonspecific targeting of NJW, and I didn't know enough to recommend a 'better' plan.  I presume you chose not to say more, weighing risks and rewards as you understood them.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 01, 2024, 06:31:50 pm »

Suppose another question is if the bible is actually what is stated. (Also, who was the doctor? I can go look it up, but verging on bedtime.)

Yeah we have Qua's whole roleflip here:

Quarque was killed. Quarque was town.

Spoiler: Quarque (click to show/hide)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 01, 2024, 06:38:36 pm »

I don't think that's stupid. I thought he might have been saying the same thing, although I wasn't sure. The phrasing strongly implied it.

Max, haven't been talking to you much today yet.

When convenient, would you please consider providing detailed reads on those alive?  Detailed as in 'reasons why' if you have them, or 'just a feeling' if that's all you got for why?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 01, 2024, 06:41:58 pm »

When convenient, would you please consider providing detailed reads on those alive?  Detailed as in 'reasons why' if you have them, or 'just a feeling' if that's all you got for why?
Yeah... I can do that at some point. I don't think I've fully taken stock of the implications of web's flip yet.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #1101 on: February 01, 2024, 06:43:37 pm »

There is no universe in which that's the team.
Weird that this is the first post I see when I wake up. I can't shake the feeling that this is exactly the most likely team.

Your weird talk about being masons with them.
You tell web & toony jump (vote CM) - they jump.

Fallacy's post on how Toony keeps doing this thing where he asserts things without providing reasons was a great coherent argument from him, I'm impressed. The thing is, all three of you have been doing that.

And then I see both Toony and web assert that we need to keep Max alive because he supposedly can separate the lovers, which is a disturbingly bad non-alignment reason to keep someone alive.

If you think Max is town, you keep him alive.
If you think Max is scum, you lynch him and any golden mountains he promised are irrelevant.
And it doesn't even matter in the first place, because the two of them are vulnerable to a nightkill too so if mafia wants the 2-for-1 they can always get it.

So yeah, there are a lot of universes where you three are a team. I have to type this before I go to work and day 1 ends.

So, use your vote, go to web?  Do you see a universe where Max is scum and web isn't?  If you think Max is scum, go for web?

I can see a universe where Max is town and saves web, irrespective of web's alignment.  But not the inverse.

If Max is scum... Qua was sure Max was scum.  Imp is open to maybe Max isn't scum, this is still true.

But Max has motive for, in this crazy mixed field, wanting Qua dead more than most others would, I think.

Also I believe that web, thus probably the entire scum team, believed Qua totally that Qua could prevent mafiakills.  Very high value target there, but if Max's mafia, a very certain N1 kill target to protect Max.

I don't think Qua would shake off Max if Qua was alive, only question would be how many of us agreed with Qua.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 01, 2024, 06:46:48 pm »

Yeah... I can do that at some point. I don't think I've fully taken stock of the implications of web's flip yet.

Or found a way to survive it.  It's nuts that town followed flippin -me- to lynch web day 1.  That is not to be predicted, not with the skill of web and any other scum in play.  And with web and Max not flipped, who's gonna think to ever flip them?  Much later, like you all were asking for.

That said, I am not convinced you're scum.  But the pile of evidence, wowsers.

I want to hear so much that makes sense to me.

Don't worry about the significance of web's flips.

Analyze the player period and their play, that's what I want, not in relation to 'but since we know web was scum'.

That looks phonier to me.

Probably want to give both, others probably want the other.

I want what you think of each player, every one of us still alive.  In detail of reasons, so I know what you're paying attention to, what you're not, what you think matters.  Forget what you haven't already considered.  I think you're genius, and can say what you already think without including 'web's flip'.

Up to you what you do, but fair to tell you what I expect and think reasonable, and easier for you to provide anyway.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #1103 on: February 01, 2024, 06:52:35 pm »

I dunno that Quarque is such a terrible vote, though. For someone who supposedly has a shotted power to block the mafiakill, Quarque sure is in a hurry to make sure you don't ever get the chance to refill it.
I mean, I think there's a chance we're going to hear, "oh golly gee, I used up my one shot and scum had a super, oh well I guess!!!"
I don't like it at all that you're so interested in this. You're provoking me to explain this in more detail, which would be great info for mafia. THIS is your reason for suspecting me, Spin? Really?
I would also like to point out Maximum Spin tried to get Quarque eliminated for voting Webadict.
Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 01, 2024, 06:55:09 pm »

Tric - never, I refuse to believe their lynch ability is something mafia would have and I think they're town

To note, my refill is dependent on my [Alignment] being lynched. So today we would have received a message stating I'm empowered by killing an [Alignment] Player.

That might not seem like much, but it could come in handy if I ever get refilled. Though on the other hand, another double lynch probably needs careful consideration. Or thunderdome, but I doubt we will see that this game with webadict out for the count.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 01, 2024, 06:55:56 pm »

I acted on FoU and Toony, and will say more later if necessary. Need to go to bed now.

One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 01, 2024, 06:58:10 pm »

I acted on FoU and Toony, and will say more later if necessary. Need to go to bed now.
Good night and thanks for dropping in.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 01, 2024, 07:01:45 pm »

Should be NJW
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 01, 2024, 07:04:52 pm »

You tried to give another item to me but you gave this instead?
No. I did not interact with you or give an item.
No idea then

I feel like Elephant Parade was trying to counterwagon me in d1. I was on the Webadict wagon and I was also the most suspicious player on that wagon so scum!Elephant Parade probably tried to start a wagon me to get me eliminated.
While this viewpoint of Crystalizedmire focuses maybe a little much on themselves, I think the analysis is basically accurate.
By which I mean, it wasn't about lynching her but saving him.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 153