Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59219 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1080 on: February 01, 2024, 06:04:50 pm »

If Tric was given an item, he would be able to use his it to confirm his action the following night. I suppose this is largely moot since nobody currently scumreads Tric anyway

I did not say 'Do not give Tric an item'.  I would say that if that was my reason to say what I said.
I didn't mean to imply that. I just wasn't sure if you meant to imply anything by quoting my post instead of the one where Tric said he had lost the items.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 01, 2024, 06:05:30 pm »

I also think Toony is town. I think a few of us just made mistakes. I think that, if Toony, Elephant Parade, and I were to decide to just sheep some combination of NJW2000, Imp, and I guess CrystalizedMire for having voted right, this would probably not lose town the game.
I think so.

ToonyMan how did you survive the night if you had the Bible?
I gave it to NJW.
Right, Ugh. You would have been better off dead given how the flips went.
I was half expecting a vig to shoot me last night.

This will probably happen still.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 01, 2024, 06:06:37 pm »

Imp, you have to claim everything you know that happened to you since I need to know who the wishbone targeted.

Interesting.

Why do you have to know this?  What happens if you do not know this?

What would the wishbone do if it had targeted me?
I need to know this in case you and another player were targeted and I don't think the targets are informed. I think this would cause less confusion overall.

If the wishbone targeted you, it would target another player as well. If both players have a random single target ability, they use it on eachother. If only one has, then the player will instead target someone random. This is a mimic action not a redirection.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 01, 2024, 06:07:54 pm »

I also think Toony is town. I think a few of us just made mistakes. I think that, if Toony, Elephant Parade, and I were to decide to just sheep some combination of NJW2000, Imp, and I guess CrystalizedMire for having voted right, this would probably not lose town the game.
I think so.

ToonyMan how did you survive the night if you had the Bible?
I gave it to NJW.
Right, Ugh. You would have been better off dead given how the flips went.
I was half expecting a vig to shoot me last night.

This will probably happen still.
Why did you give away the page when that disabled it for the night and we had a doctor claim?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 01, 2024, 06:09:33 pm »

I didn't mean to imply that. I just wasn't sure if you meant to imply anything by quoting my post instead of the one where Tric said he had lost the items.

Gotcha.  Both quoted, because if your reason for wanting Tric given an item is to confirm him by D4 at least (can't normally use an item given N2, have to wait for N3 to use, D4 to report) all that does is Tric got a specific item N2 and used that specific item N3, if Tric's alive to say so D4 and nobody interferes in any way.  Doesn't seem to help much or confirm much, so if someone wants to give Tric an item, they should probably do so because they want to give Tric an item, not to confirm anything like 'Tric's honest'.

Tric, there is a chance I will refer back to this post at some point.  I may be deciding to set you up for some stuff that I believe is pro-town, and I don't want widely understood.  In the future, I will tell you something and ask you to do something, in reference to this post. What you do is entirely up to you, and I see no pro-town reason to explain anything more ahead of time.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 01, 2024, 06:10:34 pm »

Why did you give away the page when that disabled it for the night and we had a doctor claim?

Toony misused the word 'give'.  It was traded away D1, as we all saw, notice the unique phrasing of "matching trade".  The wishbone was stolen by CM, per CM's claim.

Matching Trades

NJW2000: Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Toonyman: Trade Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page for Wishbone

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 01, 2024, 06:11:50 pm »

I was using give figuratively; the point is that if the page changes hands during the day, it doesn't work that night.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 01, 2024, 06:14:00 pm »

I need to know this in case you and another player were targeted and I don't think the targets are informed. I think this would cause less confusion overall.

If the wishbone targeted you, it would target another player as well. If both players have a random single target ability, they use it on eachother. If only one has, then the player will instead target someone random. This is a mimic action not a redirection.

Thank you.  This is potentially helpful to me for understanding, and I will do my best to avoid confusions that harm anyone should there be something specific I can and feel is pro-town to confirm or deny.

Do you have specific reason to think I was targeted by the wishbone?  Are you claiming you both stole it and used it on me N1?

Are you just checking to see if Toony targeted me with the wishbone?  Do you have some other reason to want to check on 'imp wishbone target must know'?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 01, 2024, 06:15:43 pm »

I was using give figuratively; the point is that if the page changes hands during the day, it doesn't work that night.

Okay.  I was deeply involved in setting up and recommending that trade, D1.

if you're so upset about it D2, why didn't you protest then?  It was extensively discussed, and I am very sure that Toons, myself, Tric, and NJW at bare minimum had a decent understanding of it (I also urged a rejection of Tric's offer, and an acceptance of NJW's, based on everything that has been said).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 01, 2024, 06:20:12 pm »

Toony, if you're willing and see no reason not to, would you mind sharing the tags if any that were on that wishbone?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 01, 2024, 06:20:17 pm »

Okay.  I was deeply involved in setting up and recommending that trade, D1.

if you're so upset about it D2, why didn't you protest then?  It was extensively discussed, and I am very sure that Toons, myself, Tric, and NJW at bare minimum had a decent understanding of it (I also urged a rejection of Tric's offer, and an acceptance of NJW's, based on everything that has been said).
This will sound very stupid, but I misread one of Quarque's posts and the discussion around it and thought he had an ability that globally disabled/protected against the mafiakill, rather than a single-target super-protect.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 01, 2024, 06:22:56 pm »

Gotcha.  Both quoted, because if your reason for wanting Tric given an item is to confirm him by D4 at least (can't normally use an item given N2, have to wait for N3 to use, D4 to report) all that does is Tric got a specific item N2 and used that specific item N3, if Tric's alive to say so D4 and nobody interferes in any way.  Doesn't seem to help much or confirm much, so if someone wants to give Tric an item, they should probably do so because they want to give Tric an item, not to confirm anything like 'Tric's honest'.

Tric, there is a chance I will refer back to this post at some point.  I may be deciding to set you up for some stuff that I believe is pro-town, and I don't want widely understood.  In the future, I will tell you something and ask you to do something, in reference to this post. What you do is entirely up to you, and I see no pro-town reason to explain anything more ahead of time.
KK, I'll bite. Slightly worried, but still.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 01, 2024, 06:24:21 pm »

Suppose another question is if the bible is actually what is stated. (Also, who was the doctor? I can go look it up, but verging on bedtime.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 01, 2024, 06:25:29 pm »

Suppose another question is if the bible is actually what is stated. (Also, who was the doctor? I can go look it up, but verging on bedtime.)
Quarque, and we'll have to wait on NJW for that.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 01, 2024, 06:25:47 pm »

Thank you.  This is potentially helpful to me for understanding, and I will do my best to avoid confusions that harm anyone should there be something specific I can and feel is pro-town to confirm or deny.

Do you have specific reason to think I was targeted by the wishbone?  Are you claiming you both stole it and used it on me N1?

Are you just checking to see if Toony targeted me with the wishbone?  Do you have some other reason to want to check on 'imp wishbone target must know'?
The targets should be random unless Toony used it(in which case it'll just target what Toony targeted). I have reason to suspect that the wishbone targeted me and Elephant Parade since I have his mother's jewelry but I can't be sure so I'm asking you if you know. I'm pretty sure everyone else that is talking has claimed what happened to them last night.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 153