Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59293 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #810 on: January 31, 2024, 06:36:07 pm »

So I'm giving web a chance. If Tomorrow he shows me that his emerald focus helped town after all, that's great. Otherwise, I'll reconsider.
I have offered to let web have my Blue Emerald in exchange for his sharing the Setup Knowledge, should it not greatly imperil Town to do so.
But I don't want to give up my night action to do it, and Web has nothing to trade me Day 1.
So...we're working on it? Setup Knowledge shared with town is good, right?

(I'll ignore the other posts, as per Web. And if anyone wants to call me out on it, I'll let my secretary Web handle it)
I'll do my best, but I promise nothing.  I've only just awoken from a nap.  Ninja:  You can keep ragging on Imp, though, it never stops being funny.

I guess we'll just have to execute you, me, and Crystal!
Nope, just you and me, webadict.
Fiiiiinally, someone who gets it!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #811 on: January 31, 2024, 06:37:16 pm »

I believe this is the current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] webadict, Maximum Spin, Euchrejack
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [1] FallacyofUrist,
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [3] TricMagic, Toonyman, Elephant Parade,
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Sofanthiel
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: sofanthiel, webadict, CrystalizedMire
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 31, 2024, 06:39:52 pm »

Cool, now let's move those votes, Fallacy, Quarque, and NJW.  Streeeeeetch those voting muscles.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 31, 2024, 06:40:44 pm »

Thanks Imp for the votecount

@Max: Sorry for lashing out when you were trying to be helpful. I actually got written up quite recently for that sort of behavior, so I should try to acknowledge and correct it. Again, you have my apologies.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 31, 2024, 06:46:09 pm »

What about NJW, Quarque, and Toony?
I don't think I've ever played with NJW (if I did, I do not remember a thing), and first days are ones where we have nothing truly concrete to go off of, only hitches and hunches; regardless, I don't see them doing a particularly bad job of a good, law-abiding town resident so far.  As for the others, I am aware that there was a whole debate about some instantly-killing books and magnifying glasses that didn't really go anywhere productive.  Ultimately, everyone can have town as well as scum motivations to own such things; I don't need it, and I don't personally need to be concerned about it either.  It was for them to decide, so I assume they did.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 31, 2024, 06:49:05 pm »

What about NJW, Quarque, and Toony?
I don't think I've ever played with NJW (if I did, I do not remember a thing), and first days are ones where we have nothing truly concrete to go off of, only hitches and hunches; regardless, I don't see them doing a particularly bad job of a good, law-abiding town resident so far.  As for the others, I am aware that there was a whole debate about some instantly-killing books and magnifying glasses that didn't really go anywhere productive.  Ultimately, everyone can have town as well as scum motivations to own such things; I don't need it, and I don't personally need to be concerned about it either.  It was for them to decide, so I assume they did.
I appreciate your commentary on the situation, but could you clearly state your current read on Quarque and Toony?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 31, 2024, 06:50:59 pm »

Thanks Imp for the votecount

@Max: Sorry for lashing out when you were trying to be helpful. I actually got written up quite recently for that sort of behavior, so I should try to acknowledge and correct it. Again, you have my apologies.

Hey, you're welcome.  I won't clutter the thread with reassurance/mannerisms/politeness outside of being part of playing the game, but I will connected:

The best way to help yourself here, in my mind, is to provide some reads.  we have more than 10 hours to day end; what I'd do if I hadn't even read most of the threads is pull someone, read their posts backwards, note their claims, cases, who they appear to protect/support or target, and generally try to get a sense of what the heck they're doing and care about.  Write some key notes, if something stands out grab the quote, then take a short break, check a next person.

Some of us have fewer posts than others, and shorter.  If you can't do them all, do some?  If you're only willing to check out one thing, would you consider checking out my ideas about web's posted reads?  I think it's really scummy, and quite off, and explain why.  If I'm wrong, maybe discuss?  If I'm maybe right, consider voting web?

here's web's reads.

Here's my analysis, spoiler in the bottom under votecount.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 31, 2024, 06:53:26 pm »

Imp, where the fuck is it?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 31, 2024, 07:03:06 pm »

could you clearly state your current read on Quarque and Toony?
Quarque: just an honest, hard-working third-party merchant that doesn't pose a threat to town and probably has an end goal oriented around trading a certain number of goods or making a profit.

Toony: I don't see many scenarios in which a mafioso hands out an object that has the ability to effectively murder (unless, of course, Toony is lying about the nature of said item and its recipient dies upon laying their hands on it, but that's for us to find out tomorrow... Actually, I guess another possibility is that he's giving it to his mafia buddy, but the consequences would be beyond incriminating for both of the participants in the transaction).

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 31, 2024, 07:04:43 pm »

Next question: How many scum do you think there are?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 31, 2024, 07:09:17 pm »

Huh, well, I... Huh.  It really felt like less, y'know?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 31, 2024, 07:14:45 pm »

As a number?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 31, 2024, 07:18:19 pm »

It really felt like less, y'know?
This referred to the overall number of participants.  As per your question, 3.  I guess, by process of elimination, either Crystal or Imp would be the third mafia member; both are practically null for me.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 31, 2024, 07:22:00 pm »

OK. So NJW isn't null?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 31, 2024, 07:22:14 pm »

Imp asked me to explain why I thought ToonyMan's reads were bad earlier, so let me just do that now that I'm home from work.

Long story short is, he's more focused on usefulness than scumminess. In fact, I haven't seen a single instance of him ever saying why someone is scummy.

Preliminary Thoughts:

TricMagic - definitely not Mafia, giving mafia a double-lynch every day would be nuts (according to him he'd keep the ability if two town got lynched)
Imp - I don't understand anything they're saying, town

Quarque - took fruit-seller and protection with something else, I think they've been upfront and honest with their behavior
Webadict - pingas
Max - not sus
Elephant Parade - probably town

Sofanthiel - I have no idea what they're doing, I don't feel like they're scum though
Crystalmire - they exist
NJW - I don't know

FoU - sus
Jack - sus

Here's the first post in which he gives reads. I don't see any reasoning for the alignment values he's assigning on the lower end. On the 'town-reads' side, he provides some minor details.

I'd be entirely willing to forgive that, since it's just the preliminary reads.

But then...

I'm not okay voting Tric or Imp here. I think Web (and EP) is wrong to suspect Imp.

Quarque is fine, but I'm keeping in mind that Webadict likes them a lot.

Webadict can wait because I want to see what happens.

I have no strong feelings about NJW but they're giving me a wishbone for my bible so I want them alive to do that, and I don't find them particularly scummy.

Elephant and Crystalmire I don't know.

I'm okay voting Sofanthiel or Max here. Sofanthiel is doing refuge in audacity shit and Max is Max.

I think Jack and FoU are equally scummy, but I'll give Jack a break today.
I do not see how this can possibly be town EuchreJack.
Yes.
Imp and Webadict are both bad votes.

I would probably be voting Jack over FoU here if I was being 100% tryhard and was only looking at this game in isolation instead of being swayed by outside factors.

I'm still okay voting Sofanthiel too. Not really feeling Max because I think they are extremely correct in their assertion that Jack is scum.

My vote preference is something like Jack > FoU > Sofanthiel.

It doesn't add up. Never once does he say why he thinks Jack is scummy, and he even pivots onto Jack after saying that he'll 'give Jack a break today'.

Webadict isn't a good vote because:
1. I like his posts, I think he's scumhunting
2. Robotnik is cool
3. I can confirm the location of Emeralds, which helps give an idea what he was doing at night

Looking at his town read of webadict, the content is pretty light. He seems more focused on his knowledge of web's emeralds than on web's actual behavior. I'm not sure how much I trust that.

Unvote

I think Jack is scummy but Max might be able to cure FoU so I can wait a day. I also don't want a worst case scenario of a double town death.

Why is Jack scummy??

Sofanthiel and Crystal seems...okay. I'm like 50/50 on at least one being scum. I think it's more likely Jack is scum than either of them, but maybe combined it's more likely one is scum.

Why?!?!

My role makes less sense to me if Web isn't town. It's not exactly solid proof though.

I'm not very useful besides providing players information.

That seems kind of messed up if my information isn't helping town.

There's other things I can learn. Web is the only one that has publicly come out though so that's who I am referring to.

Aside from role reasoning, why is web townie to you?

I just, where is he getting his reads from? Why on earth does he think anyone is scum, he's got nothing on them? When it comes to his town reads, he either half-asses it or focuses on utility.

This is not the behavior of someone invested in figuring out who the mafia are.

This is the behavior of someone who's scum.

ToonyMan. Possible partners include Quarque and webadict.

Heck, look at his vote! The classic scum voting tactic of voting someone who's acting erratically, sofanthiel. The easy vote, not one actually based on scum tells.

Similarly, his earlier vote on Jack - before I came out as a one-way-lover and he had to backtrack or else look too aggressive - was on a player who is a habitual Day 1 execution, a relatively easy target.

I know Toony is going to give me hell for this, but I don't care, I've caught scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 153